Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stompbox Free

Comes with 3 effects. AB and IAA supported.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stompbox-free/id743843507?mt=8

Comments

• Thanks!...again.

• Pretty cool for free, especially with AB and IAA working, and extra effects aren't that expensive.

• guessing it doesn't work in the AB FX slot? just input/output?

• Yes it works in the FX slot on AB.

• Definitely good stuff for free. Anyone purchased any of the other effects? Thoughts?

• Bumping a somewhat old thread here to ask about the paid version of Stompbox. I had tried the free version of this app out years ago, before AudioBus and certainly before I played through apps like JamUp and BIAS with an Apogee JAM. What was once a novelty now actually seems like a useful FX slot app in AudioBus, albeit with a $19.99 price tag.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stompbox/id392607732?mt=8

I tried the FREE version, which comes with a preamp, chorus, delay, and reverb, and it sounded pretty darn good with BIAS. However, what I'm really interested in are the distortion effects, which I haven't tried. This would be great to use in BIAS itself, or in an amp like Flying Haggis, which has great tone, but could use some added gain/distortion. I was also quite impress that the app has been updated very regularly, including just this month

Has anyone tried the full version that could recommend it, or perhaps just purchasing a few of the pedal add-ons to the free version? Assuming you don't miss any other features, I'm wondering if it would be cheaper just to take the free version and buy a few distortion effects, rather than the full $20 for everything.

Thanks!

• Thanks @Flo26 ! "Best" is subjective obviously, but I value your opinion.

I'm really thinking that just buying a few rack add-ons (distortion, etc.) for $1.99 each or whatever they are makes more sense than buying the whole app. I used the free version in Audiobus Effects already, and it has IAA also. Don't really need another full effects suite, as I have quite a bit of effects in JamUp, AmpKit, etc. (as do you).

But the appeal here is being able to add distortion and a few other effects to a guitar app (or any music app, really) that doesn't have all those options. Specifically, I've really been liking Flying Haggis since it came out, and if a distortion effect gave it just a bit more rock capabilities, it'd be even better.