Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yonac Steel Guitar

Hey does anyone have Yonac steel guitar plus the whole enchilada in app purchase
I am thinking about buying it, but I need to know if you can load it into a DAW and have it
respond to Midi notes already on a track

Comments

• I don't think it responds to MIDI, you have to play it live AFAIK.

• @richardyot said:
    I don't think it responds to MIDI, you have to play it live AFAIK.

>

Yes, I think that is correct. On the plus side, it does sound fantastic.

• It says MIDI in when you get the whole enchilada.

• Here is the page from the manual. The first paragraph spells out what is midi controllable.

• Ok thanks guys at least you can shoot Midi at it from another app

• Sorry for a stupid question, but just to make sure I understood correctly, Steel Guitar can’t be actually played from another app via MIDI? Only its parameters can be controlled that way? I’ve had the app for years, own The Whole Enchilada, and really like its sound, but I wish I could play it via MIDI.

• @Simo said:
    Sorry for a stupid question, but just to make sure I understood correctly, Steel Guitar can’t be actually played from another app via MIDI? Only its parameters can be controlled that way? I’ve had the app for years, own The Whole Enchilada, and really like its sound, but I wish I could play it via MIDI.

Yes, you have it correct :)

• Steel Guitar sounds great - but I found it very hard to play

• @Halftone said:
    Steel Guitar sounds great - but I found it very hard to play

It gets easier with some practice, much like any real instrument.
    Also, you can adjust the size/spacing of the strings, frets, and pickguard by hitting the red lock in the upper right corner. This made it much better for me.
    A lot of customization of the playing controls as well.

• I love steel guitar. I was shocked at how good it sounded and how much fun I had playing with it that I picked up the whole enchilada. Actually used it on a track or two. Takes a minute to figure out - I actually have to set it up lefty even though I play guitar right handed in real life. I would encourage you to customize it until you're comfortable.

• Now why wouldn’t they give it MIDI note in? Anyone from Yonac on the forum?

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

Does seem odd, but then again, can you picture yourself practically trying to play chords in some of tunings and number of strings available on a keyboard? Then trying to play them with some semblance of strumming, which you can do without a thought in the GUI?

Midi out would be sweet too, wouldn’t it??

• Pretty unfortunate I wanted to just use it to play midi notes on a track.
    however ifretless does ride midi notes

• @skoptic said:

@Simo said:
    Sorry for a stupid question, but just to make sure I understood correctly, Steel Guitar can’t be actually played from another app via MIDI? Only its parameters can be controlled that way? I’ve had the app for years, own The Whole Enchilada, and really like its sound, but I wish I could play it via MIDI.

Yes, you have it correct :)

Okay, thanks for confirming! :smile: