Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DerVoco quick review...

A few weeks ago I asked if anyone knew of a vocoder app that would let me take two external signals and use one as the carrier and one the modulator. There are a couple of work arounds, but the next day before I even had a chance to try them, DerVoco dropped claiming to do just that.

Which it does quite nicely. Up until now, I’ve been using a warp factory live, but I have a fly in gig, and so I have to make the rig as small as possible. I picked up an iconnectivity 4+ and using DerVoco in Aum I don’t hear any noticeable difference between it and the warp factory.

I just got it up and running and so I haven’t put it through it’s paces yet. But I have a one off next week, and will give this a shot with my usual rig as backup just in case to see how it flys live.

For those who care about such things, the laptops running Ableton which runs the tracks, as well as the samples for my drums, the modulator for the vocoder and runs all the synced backing video and midi for lights. I’m running aum and DerVoco on a iPad mini 2 with no additional effects. Actually, I’m routing the output from aum doubling the signal, sending one set out of the main outputs along with the rest, and one set back into Ableton where it hits a 100% wet delay that then goes out the main output as well. All of which is done internally using iconnectivitys mixer. Which is pretty cool considering I have been using that exact setup with the warp factory, except using physical cables and multiple i/o on a MOTU card.

Comments