Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AEM and Patterning?

Has anyone gotten Patterning and AEM to play together.

I have been trying out AEM and trying to record from Patterning via IAA with no luck. I have had no problem getting Patterning to work with MultiTrack DAW or GarageBand.

When I press play or record in AEM with the Patterning track armed, I get no audio from Patterning.

Thx in advance.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

In Patterning disable Link and enable inter-app audio sync. That should take care of it for you.

• First thing I tried. It works fine when recording into GarageBand or MultiTrack DAW for me but not with AEM.

Have you been able to do this with AEM?

• Btw, this is with iOS 11.3 on a 2018 iPad with latest Patterning (awesome app) and AEM (baseline version with no IAPs).

• Did you try opening the apps in different order, or start Patterning first and then load it into AEM?
    Maybe try using a middleman app, like AUM or Audiobus as well.
    Can’t test or offer specifics, sorry. No AEM on my device.

• Yes. I tried all of those things. My suspicion (given how straightforward it was to get it to work Patterning to work with MTD and GarageBand) is there is some quirk to getting things setup in AEM or that there is a problem in AEM which is an app that I don't know well.

So, I am hoping that there is someone here that has experience with AEM. Perhaps, there is some simple thing that I am failing to understand about how AEM works.

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

@espiegel123 said:
    First thing I tried. It works fine when recording into GarageBand or MultiTrack DAW for me but not with AEM.

Have you been able to do this with AEM?

Yes, I tried it before posting. It works fine.

But I was assuming you meant AUM, is this correct? Maybe some screenshots would help to spot the problem.

• Ahhh. OK, I may have found it.
    Are you just adding the individual outputs (Track 1, Track 2, etc.)? You need to also add the main output. You can mute it if you don’t need it, but it needs to be there.

• edited June 2018

Hi,

I have been adding main stereo out. This is in Audio Evolution Mobile not AUM. I didn't realize AEM wasn't a standard abbreviation.

Thanks for your replies. They are appreciated.

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

Ah, well then, don’t have it, can’t help.
    But if you want to use AUM, then that’s the secret sauce. B)

• I was curious about AEM and downloaded it since it was free.
    You are not doing anything wrong ,it’s buggy and IAA keeps disconnecting.
    Try to contact the AEM dev ;)

• Thanks! I was hoping the free version would give me a chance to see if it is the right app for me since the other apps in the running don't have demo versions -- and I don't want to invest real money in a DAW if it isn't going to suit me. I'll contact the dev.

If anyone has gotten AEM to work with Patterning, let us know.