Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

lap steel sound needed

Does anyone know of an app that has a realistic lap steel sound that is MPE playable?

Comments

• The only lap steel I know of is Steel Guitar, but no MPE. It sounds freakin’ amazing though.

• Thx CracklePot! I’ve been tweaking some acoustic presets in GeoShred, which is getting close, but... I’ll check out Steel Guitar.

• It has a lot of mappable parameters for pedal sustain and what not, but I honestly have never explored that area. I only use the touchscreen controls. You may be able to map some of these parameters to your MPE controller, but you will have to check it out or hope someone here who has the necessary elements can run a test for you.

Good luck! :) :) B)

• edited June 2018

Cracklepot to the rescue! Awesome app I never knew about.

• @theinvisibleman said:
    Cracklepot to the rescue! Awesome app I never knew about.

Glad to help. I could zone out with this app for hours. B)

• Having some proficiency with the "real thing" I can confirm Steel Guitar is the best.

• edited June 2018

I played with it for 30 secs and immediatly bought The Whole Enchilada IAP. Perfect for what I need to finish off a song. Thx again!

• ThumbJam JR Steel is my go-to sound, very authentic IMHO

• @Greenie said:
    ThumbJam JR Steel is my go-to sound, very authentic IMHO

You're right, that patch does sound great and authentic. It's surprising how many questions Thumbjam turns out to be the answer to.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Greenie said:

You're right, that patch does sound great and authentic. It's surprising how many questions Thumbjam turns out to be the answer to.

I commented earlier on the guitar strummer thread that I love GuitarCapo+ but the sounds are lacking. So of course, I use it with ThumbJam. <3

• @Greenie said:

+1

• edited June 2018

barefoot said:
    I played with it for 30 secs and immediatly bought The Whole Enchilada IAP. Perfect for what I need to finish off a song. Thx again!

Awesome man. That's why there's a permanent tab opened to this forum on my smartphones Chrome browser (pretty much my main & preferred way to look online).

This community can assist with app recommendations for a situation like barefoots, there's the latest news on app's, the newest videos from the YouTube's of @thesoundtestroom , @jakoB_haQ , @Daveypoo ,etc. are posted on release... it's just a wealth of knowledge for cats into iOS Music Production.

Everything Yonac makes is great but Steel Guitar is a sleeper.

• edited October 2020

Hi guys,
    I just bought Lapsteel at Yonac's sales.
    I actually own an old Selmer lapsteel and I'm blown away by how good the Yonac app sounds and the Interface is very fonctional.
    I bought the pro upgrade to get the midi options but I haven't been able to have it working in AUM in conjonction with a sequencer like Atom, Polyarp or Fuguemachine.
    Is there a way to do so?
    Maybe due to the nature of the instrument and its glissando it is not possible.
    What do you think?

• Just picked up about 4 of the yonacs apps... did I need them? No lol do I like them YEESSS LOL

• @moher said:
    Hi guys,
    I actually own an old Selmer lapsteel and I'm blown away by how good the Yonac app sounds and the Interface is very fonctional.
    I bought the pro upgrade to get the midi options but I haven't been able to have it working in AUM in conjonction with a sequencer like Atom, Polyarp or Fuguemachine.
    Is there a way to do so?
    What do you think?

Lap steel midi in is not for notes unfortunately, it is to allow midi control of LS to emulate the foot and knee levers of a pedal steel guitar. I hope I remember all that correctly.

• @yowza said:

@moher said:
    Hi guys,
    Is there a way to do so?
    What do you think?

Lap steel midi in is not for notes unfortunately, it is to allow midi control of LS to emulate the foot and knee levers of a pedal steel guitar. I hope I remember all that correctly.

Thanks Yowza for your answer.
    A shame it doesn't support midi notes!
    So the only way of using it in AUM is by recording it live in audio format?

• SoundFonts maybe...

• @moher said:

@yowza said:

@moher said:
    Hi guys,
    Is there a way to do so?
    What do you think?

Thanks Yowza for your answer.
    A shame it doesn't support midi notes!
    So the only way of using it in AUM is by recording it live in audio format?

Yes, you have to actually play it. No midi note input.

• edited October 2020

Yonac’s Steel Guitar is my app of choice, but JR Smooth Steel in Thumbjam is also rather tasty.

• Steel Guitar is on sale today for only 99 cents!
    http://www.yonac.com/steelguitar/