Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A “singing into” recorder type of thing, with visible pitch readout

Is there an iPhone (as opposed to iPad-only) app that I can sing into and get an audio recording of vocals over the iPhone mics, which also shows the pitch on a big very readable display?

When I sing into Logic Pro X, I do so with the pitch display from the tuner button (the one with a tuning fork icon) and this clearly shows how close to being on pitch I am. I’d like the same on my iPhone. Hopefully in an app I already have but didn’t realize it did this.

Comments

• edited June 2018

Total energy from Sonosaurus do it, you can record and have a real-time pitch analysis page. It’s a super app:

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/tonalenergy-tuner-metronome/id497716362?mt=8

• I second the rec for TE tuner. Excellent app for anything tuning-related.

• Not sure if this is meets your needs, but TonalEnergy Tuner & Metronome is incredible as a tuner. It’s display allows me to tune my guitar depending on the type of music.
    - For faster finger-style, I tune to the initial attack frequency, and am on to the next note before it settles into it’s lower harmonics.
    - For slower style, I’ll tune to the frequency the string settles into, for swells, anything longer sustain.
    - If bass notes are basically “drones”, they get tuned for the sustain and quicker melody strings get tuned to attack frequency.

I’ve suspected for a long time this difference in absoption rate of harmonics is a huge factor in the difference between a good instrument and that “Great” instrument that can almost play itself.

App store description says Audio Recording. I’ve never used it. Didn’t even know for myself that it was capable.

Even Sweeter!!

• I will just add Tonal Energy Tuner. It is badass. ;)

• Tonal energy tuner looks very useful, I thought the snail from ircam would be the last tuner purchase here. That's also a great app to have on the phone!

• edited June 2018

Thanks, all. Hmm, which one to choose?

• @u0421793 said:
    Thanks, all. Hmm, which one to choose?

:D

• Choose TonalEnergy Tuner, it likely does way more than you expect, including being able to do exactly what you want :)

Plus I hang around here for support if you need it.