Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioCopy Content Store iOS Compatibility

I’m interested in introducing more sounds and samples into my iOS music via the AudioCopy content store.

My question is, how compatible/seamless is doing so? Is it simple to start a project in Garageband and add sounds from the AudioCopy content store? Or is it awkward and clunky?

Also, do the Audio Copy content store’s sounds/samples play nicely with Garageband? Do the Audio Copy sounds provide details like key/tempo, and can they be easily matched with the key/tempo of an existing GB project? Or is it a case of, “I’d love to add this Audio Copy sound to my existing GB project but the tempo doesn’t match”?

Comments

• I have no idea about AudioCopy content or store, but I know there are many other options to get sounds for GB or anything you are using. And a lot of the options are free.

I recommend that you take a moment to familiarize yourself with how to adjust the tempo of an audio file. If you can edit and adjust your audio you will open up a huge world of sample possibilities. It is not that hard to do these days as most of the work is done by the software anyway.

Anyway, hope this helps. If anything, your thread got a bump. B)

• @CracklePot said:
    I have no idea about AudioCopy content or store, but I know there are many other options to get sounds for GB or anything you are using. And a lot of the options are free.

I recommend that you take a moment to familiarize yourself with how to adjust the tempo of an audio file. If you can edit and adjust your audio you will open up a huge world of sample possibilities. It is not that hard to do these days as most of the work is done by the software anyway.

Thank you for the suggestion. No doubt tempo matching skills would be quite useful to e. What app/software would you suggest I start with?

• edited June 2018

Unless you’re using Retrograde apps it’s clunky. You will have to transfer one sample at a time and you will need to be connected to the internet so Retrograde can send you recommendations on what apps you can use Audiocopy with so that they can take a commission off any app purchase you make through Audiocopy for each sample transfer you make.

As far as content goes, you will get a dozen different sounds that all sound exactly alike but given trendy sounding but meaningless names. You will also get a superfluous amount of kicks hats and snares.

This is how they live up to their motto “for the music makers,” what they left out is the first half of the phrase which I interpret as “a middle finger salute...”

• Most of the stuff in the ACP store doesn’t seem to be labeled for pitch though most of the loops seem to be marked for tempo.

Getting a particular loop into GarageBand is easy though.

• @AnalogCortex said:

@CracklePot said:
    I have no idea about AudioCopy content or store, but I know there are many other options to get sounds for GB or anything you are using. And a lot of the options are free.

Thank you for the suggestion. No doubt tempo matching skills would be quite useful to e. What app/software would you suggest I start with?

For loops where you know the bpm, many apps let you enter that info and turn on a sync function. Some do tempo adjustment without changing the pitch, but change the pitch with the tempo.
    Blocswave tries to tempo match while keeping the pitch the same. It usually will leave artifacts behind. Another method to adjust tempo for beats is to slice them up into hits and retrigger them at the new tempo. This works great, but is a lot more work.
    Most of the time I use AudioStretch to adjust pitch and/or tempo. It works pretty well. I can ballpark the sync tempo and pitch correct it back, and then get something like AUM to lock in the tempo with a minimal auto-adjustment.