Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix is out now

Comments

• @Zen210507 said:

@gusgranite said:
    Do you have any AUs to test? I expect running IAA apps will cause these issues.

>

Seriously? If this app does not wok with one - just one - of the best known synth apps, then that is a problem which needs looking at.

AUM doesn’t fall over when IAA apps are used.

Lol. I know it sounds like an anti IAA agenda... however I have been loading up a lot of my favourite non-AU apps and they are the only ones that have been causing me crashes. Or they just disappear from the matrix which is weird.

• @scarbo said:
    @rackersr said:

Bug Report:
    - iPad Pro 12.9” 2017
    - iOS 11.2.6
    - apeMatrix 1.0
    - Sunrizer 3.61

Issue:
    1. No apps running
    2. Load apeMatrix - Initial screen (Not loading previous)
    3. Add Sunrizer to First Source
    4. Sunrizer icon appears, pauses, then disappears
    5. The End

Love the potential, but some or all of these new apps are blowing up my iPad.
    Feels like I’m back on a Windows machine after a forced update.

Hello,
    I'm doing some tests according to some possible issues in apeMatrix.
    Actually Sunrizer will pause and close himself just after loading but this occur in AUM too.
    You can workaround this by opening before Sunrizer and the load as IAA either in AUM either apeMatrix.

Also, Nick Lowe highlight this: ...a small bug report for this magnificent app! – MIDI Monitor doesn't display any messages in iOS 9.3.3. (Tested on iPad Pro 9.7" and iPad Air 1.) It's fine in iOS 10-11.

I can confirm and its now fixed, during the next days I'll works to solve all issue and release a fixed ver.
    Thanks to all. Ciao.

Cheers :)

• @Dawdles said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    The switching between presetsis so quick :)

Does audio dropout when switching presets that have the same AUs loaded? or can you potentially use presets like global snapshots and use them to switch between song sections?

If this works maybe dev could add sync options for it, 'next bar' 'direct jump' etc...

It’s not seamless but it is a lot quicker than I thought. I doubt it’s possible for ApeMatrix to do it seamlessly, as some apps even cut sounds abruptly when you change their own app sounds without closing the app.

• Ah-ha, lucky enough to get a code, so will fiddle about today, more tomorrow, and report back....from a slightly dozy, overheated dabbler’s POV. If I can work out how to use this, anyone can. :) Then, in a few days, expert reviewers may have their verdicts ready to roll.

• nice that you can sub in different instruments without having to remap the MIDI.

• So just double checking that IAA apps cannot have their parameters controlled by the ApeMatrix LFOs can they? That’s the whole point about AU automation isn’t it? I.e. load Axon 2 as AU and you can control all of the parameters. Load Axon 2 as IAA and you cannot.

Is that correct?

• @Zen210507 said:
    Ah-ha, lucky enough to get a code, so will fiddle about today, more tomorrow, and report back....from a slightly dozy, overheated dabbler’s POV. If I can work out how to use this, anyone can. :) Then, in a few days, expert reviewers may have their verdicts ready to roll.

Lucky bugger! Be good to hear how you get on with it.

• @gusgranite said:
    So just double checking that IAA apps cannot have their parameters controlled by the ApeMatrix LFOs can they? That’s the whole point about AU automation isn’t it? I.e. load Axon 2 as AU and you can control all of the parameters. Load Axon 2 as IAA and you cannot.

Is that correct?

That is correct. Not apeMatrix's fault though, just iOS technology.

• Unable to get the main transport to trigger Rozeta’s transports. It can trigger other transports, eg Axon, fine, so not sure what I am doing wrong?

• @lnikj said:
    Unable to get the main transport to trigger Rozeta’s transports. It can trigger other transports, eg Axon, fine, so not sure what I am doing wrong?

Is Rozeta activated (is the power button on right side of grid red?).
    Also, check your MIDI mapping so Rozeta is mapped to your plugin (dotted grid icon along the bottom).

• @oat_phipps said:

@gusgranite said:
    So just double checking that IAA apps cannot have their parameters controlled by the ApeMatrix LFOs can they? That’s the whole point about AU automation isn’t it? I.e. load Axon 2 as AU and you can control all of the parameters. Load Axon 2 as IAA and you cannot.

Is that correct?

That is correct. Not apeMatrix's fault though, just iOS technology.

Indeed. Poor old IAAs... :neutral:

• edited June 2018

@gusgranite said:
    Is Rozeta activated (is the power button on right side of grid red?).

D'oh! This. Cheers.

• edited June 2018

Just had my first dabble with apeMatrix, and there is a learning curve, but nothing too fearsome. So far, anyway. Using the save session option worked really well to recall Blocs Wave as IAA and both Brambos AU3 effects apps. Much more to explore, but first impression is good. This one has a lot of potential.

EDIT -

Uh-oh, spoke too soon. Second time I tried to load saved session, app had forgotten Blocs Wave was there, and I also got some kind of nasty feedback. Cleared it by starting again. Hmmm. Looks like IAA needs a bit more polish.

• First look.
    Audiobus, AUM and Auria cannot get audio as receiver?
    Can they?
    More than one hardware out - is that possible? So I can implant external stuff.
    🧐

• @scarbo said:
    @rackersr said:

Bug Report:
    - iPad Pro 12.9” 2017
    - iOS 11.2.6
    - apeMatrix 1.0
    - Sunrizer 3.61

Issue:
    1. No apps running
    2. Load apeMatrix - Initial screen (Not loading previous)
    3. Add Sunrizer to First Source
    4. Sunrizer icon appears, pauses, then disappears
    5. The End

Love the potential, but some or all of these new apps are blowing up my iPad.
    Feels like I’m back on a Windows machine after a forced update.

Hello,
    I'm doing some tests according to some possible issues in apeMatrix.
    Actually Sunrizer will pause and close himself just after loading but this occur in AUM too.
    You can workaround this by opening before Sunrizer and the load as IAA either in AUM either apeMatrix.

Also, Nick Lowe highlight this: ...a small bug report for this magnificent app! – MIDI Monitor doesn't display any messages in iOS 9.3.3. (Tested on iPad Pro 9.7" and iPad Air 1.) It's fine in iOS 10-11.

I can confirm and its now fixed, during the next days I'll works to solve all issue and release a fixed ver.
    Thanks to all. Ciao.

Hi @scarbo - nice to see you here. Another amazing app you have developed here! :smiley:

Some good news re Sunrizer:

• Oohhhhhhh sooo good. Sunrizer was my first iOS synth love haha
    Amazing to see it ina new AUv3 outfit

• @david_2017 said:
    Oohhhhhhh sooo good. Sunrizer was my first iOS synth love haha
    Amazing to see it ina new AUv3 outfit

@gusgranite oh yes, one of my all time faves :) :)

• @Satie said:
    First look.
    Can they?
    🧐

What are you trying to do? Apematrix has 3 stereo outs, a main and the two mixbuses.
    If that’s what you’re looking for...

• @Carnbot said:

@Satie said:
    First look.
    Can they?
    🧐

What are you trying to do? Apematrix has 3 stereo outs, a main and the two mixbuses.

Yeah I really would like more mix buses :p

• @Carnbot said:

>

As you seem to be very knowledgeable already, with this app, is there a way to instantly return volume to original setting once it has been dickered with?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:

@Satie said:
    First look.
    Can they?
    🧐

Yeah I really would like more mix buses :p

Yeah I’d like a couple more too :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@Carnbot said:

>

As you seem to be very knowledgeable already, with this app, is there a way to instantly return volume to original setting once it has been dickered with?

Do you mean in the matrix mixers? I don’t think there is, which could be useful,
    Other than that there is a master dynamics compressor bottom right of the gui which can reset to defaults.

• @Carnbot said:
    Do you mean in the matrix mixers? I don’t think there is, which could be useful,
    Other than that there is a master dynamics compressor bottom right of the gui which can reset to defaults.

>

Yes, in that first page. If double tapping on a red spot returned anything attached to it the original level, that would be very useful.

If I’m understanding, the master dynamics compressor returns all settings to default, which is not what I’d want to do.

Anyway, time for me to to pack up the toys for today, and enjoy a bit of sunshine. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@Carnbot said:

>

Yes, in that first page. If double tapping on a red spot returned anything attached to it the original level, that would be very useful.

If I’m understanding, the master dynamics compressor returns all settings to default, which is not what I’d want to do.

Anyway, time for me to to pack up the toys for today, and enjoy a bit of sunshine. :)

Yes probably a good idea, and you can always take it out in the sun if you want :wink:

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes probably a good idea, and you can always take it out in the sun if you want :wink:

>

Not if I want to stay in Mrs Zen’s good books. ;)

More apeMatrix tomorrow, all being well. Now, out the door!

• Great app!, thanks to the developer for the work. I was expecting to have (for example) all Aum-inputs usable as outputports inside Apematrix, though. The same goes for Loopy, Auria, Audiobus. Since AB uses all of Aums ports, I hope it will be possible in the future, to not just route into effects, but also into „DAWs“. Maybe Loopy/Aum/AB/Auria nedd updates to allow this...?

• @animal said:
    Great app!, thanks to the developer for the work. I was expecting to have (for example) all Aum-inputs usable as outputports inside Apematrix, though. The same goes for Loopy, Auria, Audiobus. Since AB uses all of Aums ports, I hope it will be possible in the future, to not just route into effects, but also into „DAWs“. Maybe Loopy/Aum/AB/Auria nedd updates to allow this...?

You described it better.

@Satie said:
    First look.
    Can they?
    🧐

Additional: I didn‘t find a was to route different outs to different physical outs.

• Remember MiMix app ( pre AB3 , AUM ) ? It used to be great AB2 addon providing a mixer.
    It can be used to connect AB3 to apeMatrix ;)

• @Satie said:

@animal said:
    Great app!, thanks to the developer for the work. I was expecting to have (for example) all Aum-inputs usable as outputports inside Apematrix, though. The same goes for Loopy, Auria, Audiobus. Since AB uses all of Aums ports, I hope it will be possible in the future, to not just route into effects, but also into „DAWs“. Maybe Loopy/Aum/AB/Auria nedd updates to allow this...?

You described it better.

@Satie said:
    First look.
    Can they?
    🧐

Additional: I didn‘t find a was to route different outs to different physical outs.

Yeah you have to use something like AUM or AB3 to route the outs to different hardware outputs currently

• Where is MIDI Transpose? Can I apply it to any MIDI input in the patchbay?

The app description and user guide list MIDI Transpose (sic in the user guide) as one of several MIDI filtering options, but I can't find it in the UI. It would save me having to route through Rozeta Scaler...

Cool app!