Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anthony Bourdain : Kills self

edited June 2018 in Other

Horrible

Relapsed and rest is history.

Tragic.

Comments

• One of my favourite food TV presenters. Very sad.

• tragic it wasn't gordon ramsy.
    aye, catering is full of coke heads and alkies. really mental stress levels
    still, i think he probably enjoy his sojourn.

• edited June 2018

Loved his book, loved his shows. I obviously didn’t know the guy but it sure felt like I did. I always saw him as a sort of ‘get it together later in life’ sort of role model. Ugh. Poor guy.

• I’m not a “food” guy but I found his shows engaging and entertaining.

I can’t imagine the torment he was in if it led to taking his own life despite knowing his creative output was loved by many.

Mental health is a Fking bitch to manage sometimes.

R.I.P.

• Belongs in the OT section.

• edited June 2018

@mrcanister said:
    tragic it wasn't gordon ramsy.
    aye, catering is full of coke heads and alkies. really mental stress levels
    still, i think he probably enjoy his sojourn.

Maybe rethink this sentiment? I mean, just seemed a little harsh, even on a dickhead like Ramsay.

Thing about Bourdain: I always looked to him as a guy who was doing what he wanted. How could he not be happy? Just goes to show you that mental illness is an illness, hits the rich and famous just as it does the rest of us.

• edited June 2018

Another fan of his travel shows here.

He showed personal vulnerabilities here and there on camera, like what he did after he killed a pig in, I think, Malaysia, because he didn't want to be rude to his hosts. He sat and had a cigarette - I still remember the look on his face. Another vulnerable thing was when he was stressing out preparing dinner for his southern French friends... in southern France. He'd decided to cook at southern French style meal for them, then realized that was a bad call when he was in the middle of cooking and everything.

Of course there were more to his personal daemons than what appeared on camera. RIP.

• Man - this is a crazy way to start the day. Spent a lot of years watching many of his shows, and I always appreciated his no-BS, New Yorker spin on everything. Really resonated with some of my own attitudes having grown up in that area. We always watch a Bourdain show before we visit a new city to get his take...

Such a shame to see someone so admired and seemingly blessed by life being so tortured.

• What a shame... Sad things come in bunches lately :neutral:
    May he find his peace now.

• @AudioGus said:
    Loved his book, loved his shows. I obviously didn’t know the guy but it sure felt like I did. I always saw him as a sort of ‘get it together later in life’ sort of role model. Ugh. Poor guy.

My line of work requires interaction with “well known” folks - the one thing that’s proven over and over is how different they can be than what one would expect. One recent one kinda let me down (but same event gave me a pleasant surprise), and one from years back means I can’t listen to a certain band that had a song about a hotel. A stage presence is just that.....

• @wigglelights said:

@AudioGus said:

My line of work requires interaction with “well known” folks - the one thing that’s proven over and over is how different they can be than what one would expect. One recent one kinda let me down (but same event gave me a pleasant surprise), and one from years back means I can’t listen to a certain band that had a song about a hotel. A stage presence is just that.....

Yah, absolutely. I even worked with a guy recently, hung out with him, went to lunches etc for well over a year. Thought I knew him well enough but he ended up going out the same way as Anthony. Sigh.

• Is this app related or music related?

I guess the guy who wanted to poison Trump was no match for his own inner demons.

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    Is this app related or music related?

I guess the guy who wanted to poison Trump was no match for his own inner demons.

We all have them.

You know, some people fear dying and going to hell.

Others, fear making a bad decision and live one's life in hell.

He was an ideologue, no doubt.

But we all are so I don't get hung up that stuff anymore.

• edited June 2018

@asnor said:
    Belongs in the OT section.

Get over labels my friend.

Most people on here way bigger than that.

Peace and love.

• edited June 2018

RIP Anthony Bourdain. This is my song God Knows in his tv show Parts Unknown episode Beirut. I wasn't aware of him to be honest until I got this placement but I'm glad I learned about him and his work. He became an inspiration to me. Even though I didn't know him personally he became a household name here and I'm heart broken now that he is gone.

• @djpuzzle said:
    RIP Anthony Bourdain. This is my song God Knows in his tv show Parts Unknown episode Beirut. I wasn't aware of him to be honest until I got this placement but I'm glad I learned about him and his work. He became an inspiration to me. Even though I didn't know him personally he became a household name here and I'm a heart broken now that he is gone.

Very cool thanks for sharing.

• @wigglelights said:

@AudioGus said:

Hero and idols are best left un-met.

Fo sho. Nearly always a let down.

Only person who till this day impressed me the couple times I met him and he was more cool in life.

Iced T.

Real dude.

My story.....

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I’m not a “food” guy but I found his shows engaging and entertaining.

I can’t imagine the torment he was in if it led to taking his own life despite knowing his creative output was loved by many.

Mental health is a Fking bitch to manage sometimes.

R.I.P.

It is a battle.

Unless you fight, you can lose and this can happen.

Self medication and chemical dependency is the obvious consequence.

Agree

• @RUST( i )K said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

We all have them.

No doubt. We all certainly do. I also agree with everything that you wrote there.

• @CrazySynthMan said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

We all have them.

No doubt. We all certainly do. I also agree with everything that you wrote there.

I figured you would!

But I do hear you.

Ironically to your earlier comment, his season opener was a very sympathetic piece to West Virginia and all being basically Trump supporters.

I was actually impressed for him to have put himself in that position.

So, he is...was a legit dude.

I identified with his sardonic jaded nature, feels very familiar to me..........LOL

• Does anyone feel CNN should have maybe looked at the past he had and how they put him in places that mostly involved alcohol or drugs or is this just a workplace risk?

I don't know.

Hyper litigious days make me wonder how no one stepped in to help him.

He is ultimate responsibility for himself.

But, I could see he looked not well this season by his appearance.

Just another thought.

• Not familiar with his work, but my heart goes out to anyone that’s felt desperate enough to take their own life.

• edited June 2018

@RUST( i )K said:
    Does anyone feel CNN should have maybe looked at the past he had and how they put him in places that mostly involved alcohol or drugs or is this just a workplace risk?

I don't know.

Just another thought.

Not sure what you mean. He seems to have been clean, and this was not an overdose; he hanged himself. Or maybe you've read something else? But if you're in the program, you know: once an addict, always an addict, whether you use or not. And he definitely had demons.

• I don't usually care about celebrity deaths but this one is really shitty, he he seemed like such a genuine, empathetic soul in a world of phonies. First learned of him through reading his Kitchen Confidential book then was happy to see him find such success with his excellent TV shows, seemed like he was really living the life but it doesn't surprise me that he had inner demons.

• Moved to off topic

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Does anyone feel CNN should have maybe looked at the past he had and how they put him in places that mostly involved alcohol or drugs or is this just a workplace risk?

I don't know.

Just another thought.

Not sure what you mean. He seems to have been clean, and this was not an overdose; he hanged himself. Or maybe you've read something else? But if you're in the program, you know: once an addict, always an addict, whether you use or not. And he definitely had demons.

He was drinking.

One is too many thousand never enough.

• edited June 2018

Lonely in a hotel room... most of us has probably been there.

But I was never lonely when I carried my guitar around.
    It’s not so cozy to sleep with an iPad.
    Audiobus or not.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I don't know.

Just another thought.

He was drinking.

One is too many thousand never enough.

I was also surprised by his continued drinking. I assumed he had been clean from the junk and blow for a long time, but the drinking was quite prevalent on screen (and presumably off)