Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

STREEMUR - Very Cool For Experimental Sound Scaping...Video Demo

Here is a new app developed by one of my Patreon supporters, this is cool for experimentation and is quite unique I think.

And cheap.

You can get Streemur here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/streemur/id1307609511?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Just grabbed this via your link. Very interesting. Would love AU3 to be added. Also hope to use this on track fir next album, once we’ve mulled over copyright. :)

• First, many thanks to Doug Woods for demoing this App. I feel extremely fortunate and privileged that he took the time to review my App and produce a video for it .

Should you decide this App is something you may be interested in, please use Doug’s Apple affiliate link as it will help him directly! :

Streemur is an Inter-App Audio enabled App that has performance pads that can stream audio over the Internet.

Not an app for everyone! But it may be of interest to some here on the AB Forums…
    The app is Universal and will run on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.

Pricing :
    Intro price for first two days of release: $1.99
    Price afterwards will start at $2.99.

Caveats:

-The ‘pads’ are dynamic links to audio streams that may change over time.
    -Streaming is inherently unpredictable, and pads that work one day may not work the next! I plan to ‘curate’ the pads as best I can..
    -Streaming can also have an impact on your data plan if you are subject to a cap. ( If you go to Settings -> Streemur -> and turn off Cellular Data, this may help if there is a concern ).
    -Users can add presets, and there are many different ways to do this.. Here is just one way using some audio in the public domain:

https://bit.ly/2L5EUwO

-With regret it is not an AUv3; I tried but could not make it happen. Also sadly no Audiobus support as I just couldn’t get it to work.
    -If using Streemur as an IAA node, be sure to launch the IAA host first! Otherwise Streemur will be silent; I am not sure I can fix this.

Pete

CIT Audio

Thanks for considering and feel free to contact me with any questions at the address below: !

[email protected]

• Ström by Erik Stigh is the only other radio app I know that does this but has less slots it’s only IAA aswell so must be hard to make for AU and Audiobus. You could run both apps together to get 2 incidences of 2 radio channels.

I enjoy using Radio by Plugin Boutique as a VST on my laptop. That has a sample chop feature and has a great list of all the web radio urls which is pretty cool so would like to see that feature maybe come into Streemur at a later date.

• This looks great......i couldn't figure out how to paste URL's into Ström.....(probably user error)......but this looks really great.........just what I've been waiting for, many thanks for this.......buying via Doug now......... :)

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Ström by Erik Stigh is the only other radio app I know that does this but has less slots it’s only IAA aswell so must be hard to make for AU and Audiobus. You could run both apps together to get 2 incidences of 2 radio channels.

I enjoy using Radio by Plugin Boutique as a VST on my laptop. That has a sample chop feature and has a great list of all the web radio urls which is pretty cool so would like to see that feature maybe come into Streemur at a later date.

Big fan of Ström here, I’ll pick this up for the “multiple instances” thing and to support a Patron of Doug.

I’m not sure I’d need more than two radio sources but if this could be an AU (I know, the current hot potato issue) it would shift a lot more.

Ta for the Radio recommendation, looks interesting. What with VCV Rack going ballistic I’m using the laptop more these days.

• Playing with this now......it's great. :)

• Some BBC URLs from my Ström thread post:

suppertime.co.uk/blogmywiki/2015/04/updated-list-of-bbc-network-radio-urls/

Listening to Steve Wright on Radio 2 right now, serious nostalgia to a Pom that’s been living in Oz for 13 years. Still don’t want to live there tho. :D

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Some BBC URLs from my Ström thread post:

Listening to Steve Wright on Radio 2 right now, serious nostalgia to a Pom that’s been living in Oz for 13 years. Still don’t want to live there tho. :D

If you were living here, i doubt very much you would want to listen to Steve Wright! In this case, distance really does make the heart grow fonder ;)

• @Iso said:

@TheVimFuego said:

If you were living here, i doubt very much you would want to listen to Steve Wright! In this case, distance really does make the heart grow fonder ;)

I suspect you are (W)right, I am prone to distinctly rosy tinted glasses on the cusp of a weekend.

It IS odd dibbing into UK radio occasionally though, a kind of instant teleportation effect.

• edited June 2018

@TheVimFuego said:

@Iso said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I suspect you are (W)right, I am prone to distinctly rosy tinted glasses on the cusp of a weekend.

It IS odd dibbing into UK radio occasionally though, a kind of instant teleportation effect.

I see what you did there! :D Weirdly i was listening to Australian radio the other day on this world radio tuner I've got on PC. A sort of nostalgia for something I've never actually experienced........ Australian radio sounds really exotic from over in the U.K!
    Here's the link....it's well worth checking out, it's a very cool bit software........
    http://radio.garden/live/

• @CIT_Audio said:

First, many thanks to Doug Woods for demoing this App. I feel extremely fortunate and privileged that he took the time to review my App and produce a video for it .

Should you decide this App is something you may be interested in, please use Doug’s Apple affiliate link as it will help him directly! :

Streemur is an Inter-App Audio enabled App that has performance pads that can stream audio over the Internet.

Not an app for everyone! But it may be of interest to some here on the AB Forums…

Pricing :

Caveats:

-Streaming is inherently unpredictable, and pads that work one day may not work the next! I plan to ‘curate’ the pads as best I can..
    -Streaming can also have an impact on your data plan if you are subject to a cap. ( If you go to Settings -> Streemur -> and turn off Cellular Data, this may help if there is a concern ).
    -Users can add presets, and there are many different ways to do this.. Here is just one way using some audio in the public domain:

-With regret it is not an AUv3; I tried but could not make it happen. Also sadly no Audiobus support as I just couldn’t get it to work.
    -If using Streemur as an IAA node, be sure to launch the IAA host first! Otherwise Streemur will be silent; I am not sure I can fix this.

Pete

CIT Audio

Thanks for considering and feel free to contact me with any questions at the address below: !

[email protected]

This is a very cool idea, and refreshing to see something new released that isn’t a synthesizer. After spending some time playing around with it here are a couple thoughts:

It would be helpful if the currently active pad remained highlighted in some way—a visual indicator as to where the current audio is coming from.

Also, creatively it would be nice if there was a toggle mode for the pad behavior. The first mode is how things are setup now where the pad remains active after it is tapped. And a second mode wherein the pad only remains active while it is pressed down.

Please consider these revisions. And thanks for building this playground for us.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Just grabbed this via your link. Very interesting. Would love AU3 to be added. Also hope to use this on track fir next album, once we’ve mulled over copyright. :)

@Zen210507

Thanks! I It'd be great to hear how you use it !

AUv3 was my starting point -- but I just couldn't make it happen. Scrapped that idea and started over with pure IAA. Struck out on AB3 too; would like to make that happen as well, but not sure I can work that in either to be honest.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Ström by Erik Stigh is the only other radio app I know that does this but has less slots it’s only IAA aswell so must be hard to make for AU and Audiobus. You could run both apps together to get 2 incidences of 2 radio channels.

@Jumpercollins

Wish I had known about that plugin and it's list! Will have to check it out. I found most of the streams currently in the pads 'virtually dumpster diving' I guess you could call it!

• @Iso said:
    Playing with this now......it's great. :)

@Iso

Thanks! Glad you are liking it :)

• @TheVimFuego said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Big fan of Ström here, I’ll pick this up for the “multiple instances” thing and to support a Patron of Doug.

I’m not sure I’d need more than two radio sources but if this could be an AU (I know, the current hot potato issue) it would shift a lot more.

Ta for the Radio recommendation, looks interesting. What with VCV Rack going ballistic I’m using the laptop more these days.

@TheVimFuego

Thanks for supporting it, and Doug!

Yes ... probably won''t ever be an AUv3 ... but as you allude to, more than one instance of this might be over board anyway!

• edited June 2018

@CIT_Audio said:
    Thanks! I It'd be great to hear how you use it !

AUv3 was my starting point -- but I just couldn't make it happen. Scrapped that idea and started over with pure IAA. Struck out on AB3 too; would like to make that happen as well, but not sure I can work that in either to be honest.

>

We’re 5 tracks in to what will likely be a 15 track album, so plenty of room to manoeuvre.

If you can wrangle AU3 at some pint, that would be excellent. But the app is a treat as it stands. :)

PS - This has probably already occured to you, but a button to randomly run through stations, preferably with timer function, would be a good update.

• @brice said:

@CIT_Audio said:

First, many thanks to Doug Woods for demoing this App. I feel extremely fortunate and privileged that he took the time to review my App and produce a video for it .

Pricing :

Caveats:

Pete

CIT Audio

[email protected]

This is a very cool idea, and refreshing to see something new released that isn’t a synthesizer. After spending some time playing around with it here are a couple thoughts:

It would be helpful if the currently active pad remained highlighted in some way—a visual indicator as to where the current audio is coming from.

Also, creatively it would be nice if there was a toggle mode for the pad behavior. The first mode is how things are setup now where the pad remains active after it is tapped. And a second mode wherein the pad only remains active while it is pressed down.

Please consider these revisions. And thanks for building this playground for us.

@brice

Thanks very much!

That's a good point. I was at one stage looking at making it a bit more obvious which pad was actaully ''live".
    I penned myself in a bit though because in order to make this App simpler to port to all devices ( I tested on an old iPhone 5c up to a 10" iPad Pro) .. I didn't use any image files in the designing and building it.
    All the buttons are done programmatically ... The benefit is a really small footprint for the App ( the App on my phone is 893Kb ) .. but it makes it trickier to change the "visual state" of a button without an alternate image to use..

• edited June 2018

@CIT_Audio will likely pick this up. Looks fun. Curious though, if the streaming links go dead... can the user just customize and paste in their own streaming links to be randomly chosen from within the app?

• @skiphunt said:
    @CIT_Audio will likely pick this up. Looks fun. Curious though, if the streaming links go dead... can the user just customize and paste in their own streaming links to be randomly chosen from within the app?

@skiphunt

Thanks for the consideration Skip! Brings up a good point... I don't think I mentioned the price anywhere !
    It'll be $2.99 ... but is $1.99 for the weekend of June 8-10, 2018 ... ( The price will go back to $2.99 on Monday June 11 @ 12 AM EST ) . Will likely put in on sale for holidays and the like going forward, but wanted the AB forum members to have a crack at the sale price off the bat.

Good question about the streams... the 50 stations in the pads aren't "baked" into the App. When a pad is hit ..it actually calls out to server that tells it what URL to load. I set it up that way in case, as Doug mentioned , a station is no longer available -- I could set it to another one in the backend and everyone wouldn't be left with a useless pad until an App Store update fixes it .. The five user presets are the ones users can load at will!

• edited June 2018

@CIT_Audio said:

@skiphunt said:

@skiphunt

Thanks for the consideration Skip! Brings up a good point... I don't think I mentioned the price anywhere !
    It'll be $2.99 ... but is $1.99 for the weekend of June 8-10, 2018 ... ( The price will go back to $2.99 on Monday June 11 @ 12 AM EST ) . Will likely put in on sale for holidays and the like going forward, but wanted the AB forum members to have a crack at the sale price off the bat.

Good question about the streams... the 50 stations in the pads aren't "baked" into the App. When a pad is hit ..it actually calls out to server that tells it what URL to load. I set it up that way in case, as Doug mentioned , a station is no longer available -- I could set it to another one in the backend and everyone wouldn't be left with a useless pad until an App Store update fixes it .. The five user presets are the ones users can load at will!

Already bought it :)

Some of the pads seem to be dead. I'm sure that's due to a stream that likely isn't live at the moment, etc. Got it. So you're curating the stream selections for the pads. If one goes dead, you'll replace the link on the backend server. Got it.

So, back to my original question... I see that I can paste in one custom link per each of the 5 user presets, but those don't get added to the general pool chosen from within the pads? If I understand you correctly, there shouldn't be any dead pads? Never mind. I thought each pad was randomly selecting a stream. Each pad has it's own dedicated stream.

Also, each of the user buttons is rollover text that changes colors when you hover. It implies that's something clickable, but doesn't do anything. Can you clarify? Never mind. Those call up whatever user preset you've added.

• @skiphunt said:

@CIT_Audio said:

@skiphunt said:

@skiphunt

Already bought it :)

Some of the pads seem to be dead. I'm sure that's due to a stream that likely isn't live at the moment, etc. Got it. So you're curating the stream selections for the pads. If one goes dead, you'll replace the link on the backend server. Got it.

So, back to my original question... I see that I can paste in one custom link per each of the 5 user presets, but those don't get added to the general pool chosen from within the pads? If I understand you correctly, there shouldn't be any dead pads? Never mind. I thought each pad was randomly selecting a stream. Each pad has it's own dedicated stream.

Also, each of the user buttons is rollover text that changes colors when you hover. It implies that's something clickable, but doesn't do anything. Can you clarify? Never mind. Those call up whatever user preset you've added.

@skiphunt

Thanks!

And right all three !

• edited June 2018

So puzzling over this, wondering why would I get this one I already have ström. And then I hit me, I would much prefer to wander through 50 radio stations rather than four.

• edited June 2018

20 minutes of use, and it has completely paid for itself. Fantastic sample fodder. Thank you.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    So puzzling over this, wondering why would I get this one I already have ström. And then I hit me, I would much prefer to wander through 50 radio stations rather than four.

I wondered the same, but decided 50 are nice. I can add 5 of my own. The transition when switching stations is a bit smoother in Streemur. I can jump around at random in Streemur, where I have to cycle through stations in Ström. Lastly, having the pause button in Streemur is nice and useful. :)

• PAUSE BUTTON?

• edited June 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    PAUSE BUTTON?

Oops 😬 Sorry. I was mistaken. It doesn’t pause. It’s the typical pause symbol, but all it does is stop playback. Would be cooler if it paused though.

• Totally. But still pretty great.

• @CIT_Audio said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Jumpercollins

Wish I had known about that plugin and it's list! Will have to check it out. I found most of the streams currently in the pads 'virtually dumpster diving' I guess you could call it!

@CIT_Audio

Here’s a UT of Radio in action.

• edited June 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is a new app developed by one of my Patreon supporters, this is cool for experimentation and is quite unique I think.

And cheap.

You can get Streemur here at the App Store

I bought it because of your Supercool Video. It inspired me to setup this SoundCloud thing, make profile, and experiment myself :smile: My first try hehe... I used moodscaper

• Got it via the link.

@CIT_Audio

Is it possible to push the name of the station too along with the url so that it appears in the pad ?
    Also would like some options to suppress certain languages if possible or perhaps randomize them based on “mood” ?