Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta Scaler (new Rozeta module)

Comments

• edited June 2018

@brambos might want to get @Junebug from Electronisounds to run that through the gate plugin for maximum earcandy effect...

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    The best keeps getting better...

Between this and StepPolyArp as an AUv3, what else could you need?

A better iPad! :p

• @brambos I'm not yet into the suite, but can it change notes to chords?

This is, what I currently do with ChordPolyPad...

And it sounds like it could be done by Rosetta too :)
    Or possibly be added ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    The best keeps getting better...

Between this and StepPolyArp as an AUv3, what else could you need?

Got my own internal list. :D

High on the list is an AU MIDI to do rotating chords à la Robbie Kilgore (for his work with Michael Brecker).
    My focus this week has been on loopers (got the MIDI Expression iO adapter for pedals so looping became easier). Kinda surprising that we don’t have a plethora of AUv3 loopers. Quantiloop hosts AUv3 but can’t run as AUv3. Would really help in AUM/AB3.
    Somewhat related, people have been wondering if Bram could add a kind of MIDI recording feature to the Rozeta suite.

• @brambos thanks for adding more. I won’t be using Scaler most likely, but I’m sure plenty of people want exactly this. Can you please look into filling in selectable steps 16-24 on Bassline? I’m not sure how difficult that would be, but it would make a huge difference for me. I mostly just want 18 steps without chaining 9 step patterns. The other Rozeta components can do this. Really, I’d prefer 36 steps, but Bassline is the only one that doesn’t go to 18, so I think it’s a more reasonable request if you can manage.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @brambos

This will be useful, thanks!

On the subject of Rozeta, where is the best place to contact you for feature requests?

I was using Cells last night and was trying to copy/paste the cells without luck but then figured this was just for the pattern numbers?

Are there any plans to add this functionality to cells? The ability to copy, swipe and move those cells would be super useful.

Sometimes when using the AUM keyboard to input random notes you get great results, but there’s no way to replicate a ‘happy accident’. Those ‘recorded’ notes are not displayed on the keyboard or anywhere where that particular input can be duplicated.

Also the ability to insert ‘rest’ cells between previously recorded cells would be awesome.

Apologies for the slightly OT post. The Rozeta suite is amongst one of the best value purchases, recommend it to those on the fence. :)

Would love to see this sorta stuff in Cells as well. For now, you can set up a second instance of Cells. Then, use the first instance to trigger cells and the second instance to record them into your new arrangement.

• @syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @brambos

On the subject of Rozeta, where is the best place to contact you for feature requests?

I was using Cells last night and was trying to copy/paste the cells without luck but then figured this was just for the pattern numbers?

Are there any plans to add this functionality to cells? The ability to copy, swipe and move those cells would be super useful.

Sometimes when using the AUM keyboard to input random notes you get great results, but there’s no way to replicate a ‘happy accident’. Those ‘recorded’ notes are not displayed on the keyboard or anywhere where that particular input can be duplicated.

Also the ability to insert ‘rest’ cells between previously recorded cells would be awesome.

Apologies for the slightly OT post. The Rozeta suite is amongst one of the best value purchases, recommend it to those on the fence. :)

Would love to see this sorta stuff in Cells as well. For now, you can set up a second instance of Cells. Then, use the first instance to trigger cells and the second instance to record them into your new arrangement.

Thanks for the tip. Will check this out shortly.

• @Enkerli said:
    Somewhat related, people have been wondering if Bram could add a kind of MIDI recording feature to the Rozeta suite.

First of all, Rozeta Scaler looks like something I certainly will use, and it’s very generous of @brambos to keep adding to the wonderful and absolutely essential Rozeta Suite.

An AU MIDI recorder, however, is something I am sorely missing in my current iOS setup. An AU app that I could load in AUM, and use to record MIDI from my external keyboard, would be a godsend. Something with a simple piano roll to edit, say, 8 bars or so of my shoddy keyboard tomfoolery would be something I would use in every iOS session.

• @Cliffy said:

@Enkerli said:

First of all, Rozeta Scaler looks like something I certainly will use, and it’s very generous of @brambos to keep adding to the wonderful and absolutely essential Rozeta Suite.

An AU MIDI recorder, however, is something I am sorely missing in my current iOS setup. An AU app that I could load in AUM, and use to record MIDI from my external keyboard, would be a godsend. Something with a simple piano roll to edit, say, 8 bars or so of my shoddy keyboard tomfoolery would be something I would use in every iOS session.

A simple AU Midi recorder - I could see that being very useful!

• @Cliffy said:

Would use something simple like this a dozen times a day. Especially if it could have ‘open in’ or files export.

• @syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @brambos

Thanks for the workaround. Fairly straightforward when you know how. :)

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2018

@Cliffy said:

I use BeatHawk AU for this purpose.

Read the spoiler for more info, i don’t want to spam the Rosetta Scaler thread

This is advertised as groove-module in MPC style but if a ‚silence‘ sample is assigned to a pad, one can use this pads pattern midi to drive AUM synths.

• You get 16 scenes (called pattern) with 1-16 beats length for each of the 16 tracks/channels.
    • There is a piano roll editor to edit the notes&CC data and a song mode to arrange the patterns.
    • Everything is synced to AUM tempo/start/stop.
    • Can export/import the midi data.
    • Used as sampler, you can very easily import complete folders of own samples.
    • There is files app support.
    • Everything is saved in the AUM session.
    • I often use pad 1-8 as drum sampler and pad 9-16 for AUM midi sequencing.
    Works quite well, but there are (of course) several drawbacks/bugs for instance:
    • Records pitchbend, but does not play it (but exports it in the midi)
    • Records and plays modwheel, but does not seem to export any CC data in the midi.
    • Editor is missing some features, like it has group move with selection, but no group copy
    • Does not sync to AUM start if LINK is enabled
    • One needs to disable the metronome, or you get constant buzzing (may be related to using link)
  • @Cliffy said:

@Enkerli said:

+Lots

• @TheVimFuego said:

@Cliffy said:

@Enkerli said:

+Lots

• me as well.
  • edited June 2018

@Cliffy said:
    Something with a simple piano roll to edit,

I hear you. Having said that: making a usable piano roll is anything but simple. It's one of the hardest UI patterns to get right on a touchscreen. ;)

• edited June 2018

@brambos said:
    making a usable piano roll is anything but simple. It's one of the hardest UI patterns to get right on a touchscreen. ;)

Sooooo :smiley: Experienced based on...first Rozeta:AU-Recorder Unit tests? :wink:

• @MrBlaschke said:

@brambos said:
    making a usable piano roll is anything but simple. It's one of the hardest UI patterns to get right on a touchscreen. ;)

Sooooo :smiley: Experienced based on...first Rozeta:AU-Recorder Unit tests? :wink:

Heh. No, based on:

• making one in Tunafish a decade ago and pondering how to translate that to touch
    • seeing the endless squabbles around here about which iOS piano roll is best

:D

• All we need is AUM to be able to record multitrack midi
    Export and edit elsewhere.

• @brambos said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@brambos said:

Heh. No, based on:

• making one in Tunafish a decade ago and pondering how to translate that to touch

The second one is easy to resolve, it’s the one that you’re just about to make. :D

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Cliffy said:

Would use something simple like this a dozen times a day. Especially if it could have ‘open in’ or files export.

+1

• Just got the update. Thanks! Gift that keeps on giving.

• Nice! :)
    Not only a great new scaler plugin, but now each ui scales too, so double scaling goodness ;)

• Love the new addition, and really appreciate the GUI resizing work too! Thank you for the continued work on Rozeta.

• @brambos said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@brambos said:

Heh. No, based on:

Easy. Just have to think like me: NanoStudio. Any other opinions are wrong. Yes, opinions, wrong. :)

Please, don't let a piano roll UI (or any sort of editing, really) stand in the way of your AU MIDI recorder/looper.

• @brambos wicked update! Thank you 🙏

• Scaler minor request. When playing live it is hard to land in the right transpose number you are after and it sounds bad when you have to juggle the slider up and down to hit the scale you want. Would it be possible for it to change only when you take your finger off so you could get it right without the mistakes being audible?

Also, thank you for the extra drum templates!! iSpark is sounding good. I think you need to check the Vatanator mapping’s though as they don’t seem to be correct.

Thanks again for yet another awesome update to this suite of apps.

• Just to make sure I have this right: I’m sequencing Phase Maker with Rozeta Bassline. If Bass Line receives midi from Scaler, will Scaler make sure that everything will be in scale? Or is that backwards? @brambos

• @raindro said:
    Just to make sure I have this right: I’m sequencing Phase Maker with Rozeta Bassline. If Bass Line receives midi from Scaler, will Scaler make sure that everything will be in scale? Or is that backwards? @brambos

No, Scaler has to be between the MIDI source (e.g. Bassline, your MIDI keyboard, a random note generator, ... ) amd the destination (typically a synth). It checks and corrects any note that passes through.

[MIDI source] -> [Scaler] -> [Synth]

Does that make sense?

• I'm loving this scaler, starting to reach the point that Aum is completely replacing a daw for me.

@brambos any chance we could get a sequencer that sends very specific cc values per step that we can type using the keyboard ? Would make doing stuff like automating pattern changes extremely easy.

• This is great. I’m very bad (impatient) at harmonizing things together and finding the right chords to stay in scale. If an app doesn’t provide a scaler, then I’m a bit lost and won’t use it a lot. Now with Rozeta scaler, l don’t have to worry anymore about this. I simply play chords “approximately” close to what I want and Rozeta will correct the wrong notes...For example the great Chordflow app (that is amazing - no critics here) has find now the perfect companion