Rozeta Scaler (new Rozeta module)

I was tinkering with scale quantization and decided to make a Rozeta plugin out of it. Nothing spectacular, but perhaps useful to some. I'll add it to the Rozeta Suite soon'ish.

:)

«134

Comments

  • Yes, sure I would get some use out of that :)

  • It all adds to the secret sauce. ;)

  • very nice :smile:

  • I will deffo get some good use out of this for generating chord progressions from single chord patterns and riffs...
    I assume, because it is you @brambos that the input transpose is mappable ? And that you can map multiple instances to the same transpose source ? The way I imagine wanting to set this up is a row of 8 pads each representing the 8 scale positions, and then being able to select the scale position I want from the pads and have all instances react to it.

  • Rozeta is absolutely brilliant!

    and getting better yet!! :))

  • @AndyPlankton said:
    I will deffo get some good use out of this for generating chord progressions from single chord patterns and riffs...
    I assume, because it is you @brambos that the input transpose is mappable ? And that you can map multiple instances to the same transpose source ? The way I imagine wanting to set this up is a row of 8 pads each representing the 8 scale positions, and then being able to select the scale position I want from the pads and have all instances react to it.

    If I understand your setup-idea correctly, I think that's a YES on both things ;)

  • @brambos said:

    @AndyPlankton said:
    I will deffo get some good use out of this for generating chord progressions from single chord patterns and riffs...
    I assume, because it is you @brambos that the input transpose is mappable ? And that you can map multiple instances to the same transpose source ? The way I imagine wanting to set this up is a row of 8 pads each representing the 8 scale positions, and then being able to select the scale position I want from the pads and have all instances react to it.

    If I understand your setup-idea correctly, I think that's a YES on both things ;)

    OK...Can I have it NOW :D

  • @AndyPlankton said:

    @brambos said:

    @AndyPlankton said:
    I will deffo get some good use out of this for generating chord progressions from single chord patterns and riffs...
    I assume, because it is you @brambos that the input transpose is mappable ? And that you can map multiple instances to the same transpose source ? The way I imagine wanting to set this up is a row of 8 pads each representing the 8 scale positions, and then being able to select the scale position I want from the pads and have all instances react to it.

    If I understand your setup-idea correctly, I think that's a YES on both things ;)

    OK...Can I have it NOW :D

    Patience >:)

  • Here's a quick example of the Input Transpose being controlled by a Rozeta LFO:

  • Happy days!
    Can’t wait!
    :smiley:

  • @brambos said:
    Here's a quick example of the Input Transpose being controlled by a Rozeta LFO:

    Can the transpose be controlled via note as well as CC ? If it used in a 'Distance from C' type mapping on notes you could easily transpose using a keyboard ?

  • @AndyPlankton said:

    @brambos said:
    Here's a quick example of the Input Transpose being controlled by a Rozeta LFO:

    Can the transpose be controlled via note as well as CC ? If it used in a 'Distance from C' type mapping on notes you could easily transpose using a keyboard ?

    Control is only via AU Parameters. All incoming MIDI is considered MIDI fodder to be processed or passed through.

  • edited June 2018

    Looks good.

    Can it transpose another Rozeta element? So for example if I have a Mood sequence going, triggered by Rozeta Bassline, could this transpose the Bassline sequence?

    That would be very handy,

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Looks good.

    Can it transpose another Rozeta element? So for example if I have a Mood sequence going, triggered by Rozeta Bassline, could this transpose the Bassline sequence?

    That would be very handy,

    Sure, it will transpose/scale anything you send through it.

  • A neat bonus, I thought the suite was done, good man.

  • edited June 2018

    Another great use is for ear training.

  • @brambos said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Looks good.

    Can it transpose another Rozeta element? So for example if I have a Mood sequence going, triggered by Rozeta Bassline, could this transpose the Bassline sequence?

    That would be very handy,

    Sure, it will transpose/scale anything you send through it.

    Brilliant, thank you.

  • Wonderful news!

    Will I be able to automate key and scale too? I know that is a bit more of an unusual thing to do but I have been playing about with these kinds of things in Reason and it's a lot of fun.

  • The whole Rozetta bunch took me quite some time - and I am not entirely there, yet,
    But if one gets them...man...They are really of some use.

    First I „impulse bought“ the suite.... I could not imagine the usefulness that grows over time and with every new „try/idea“ you take.

    It definitely delivered. At least for me.

    I use this to say „thanks for all that ideas and tinkering“ @brambos . So here goes my hat 🎩 in your direction.

    Kind regards.

  • edited June 2018

    @brambos

    This will be useful, thanks!

    On the subject of Rozeta, where is the best place to contact you for feature requests?

    I was using Cells last night and was trying to copy/paste the cells without luck but then figured this was just for the pattern numbers?

    Are there any plans to add this functionality to cells? The ability to copy, swipe and move those cells would be super useful.

    Sometimes when using the AUM keyboard to input random notes you get great results, but there’s no way to replicate a ‘happy accident’. Those ‘recorded’ notes are not displayed on the keyboard or anywhere where that particular input can be duplicated.

    Also the ability to insert ‘rest’ cells between previously recorded cells would be awesome.

    Apologies for the slightly OT post. The Rozeta suite is amongst one of the best value purchases, recommend it to those on the fence. :)

  • Yay! Can certainly make use of this!
    It gets fairly close to the scale lock in @sonosaurus ThumbJam, which really helped me make the best use of one of my wind controllers, at the time. Will probably use this AU in the same way (with another tricky controller).
    The option to reject out-of-scale input will allow me to split things up. You play C Major with one instrument and the complementary pentatonic scale (the “black keys”) on another. Did that with a MIDI Rotator effect on the desktop and it was quite fun.
    (In fact, it’d be really nice to have a chord rotator AU MIDI effect on iOS…)

    Will you at least make this into an IAP, please?

    Thank you.

  • Looks like an awesome tool! Thanks mate. :smiley:

  • Great, very useful :)

  • I've been hoping for something like this for ages. I really love the ability to change key in Xynthesizr, and this brings that ability to basically every app.
    Bram, well done.

  • @brambos I officially approve of this decision. You may proceed.

    :smiley:

    Can't wait, Bram - I love that you're still adding madness to Rozeta. If you have watched any of my videos, you'll see how integral it's become to my process.

  • More Brambos awesomeness!!!!

    This is great. No more virtual midi spaghetti routing back and forth between AUM and Audiobus/Midiflow. :)

  • Will you be able to use it like Plugin Boutique's "Scaler" or MixedinKeys "Captain Chords" Vst, on other apps, Mr @brambos? ;)

  • The best keeps getting better...

    Between this and StepPolyArp as an AUv3, what else could you need?

Sign In or Register to comment.