Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

1101113151644

Comments

  • @gusgranite said:
    Top tip: create your new presets in the IAA standalone as the UI is so much bigger and easier to use. Then load them up via AU for sequencing.

    Yeah, there is a drawback just now with SM-One, that the AUv3 in AUM or Beatmaker 3 is so fiddly and tiny...
    A full screen AU of SM-One in all hostes would be nice...
    But, there seems to be a problem there, Apples fault, or what?

  • @gusgranite said:
    Top tip: create your new presets in the IAA standalone as the UI is so much bigger and easier to use. Then load them up via AU for sequencing.

    While working on tracks I have been hosting the iaa in bm3 along with the AUs as it is handy to have a sketch pad outside you can quickly jump into.

  • Speaking of the Save button missing issue, how about also including save menu items under the preset menu that pops up when you press the name of the preset ?

  • or as an alternative I am going to replace the Arp/Seq button with Save button.

  • @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Speaking of the Save button missing issue, how about also including save menu items under the preset menu that pops up when you press the name of the preset ?

    Would work, but make sure there is a gap between the load or Init buttons, as I can see me hitting those and loosing my sound before a save!

  • Is it possible to create new banks, and import/export entire banks of presets? If this synth is going to be an option for a future AB forum sound fest that's essential.

  • @richardyot said:
    Is it possible to create new banks, and import/export entire banks of presets? If this synth is going to be an option for a future AB forum sound fest that's essential.

    Yes that will be possible. That functionality exists already in the desktop version and it saves the custom waveforms/wavetables as well while saving the bank. Let's figure out the best workflow for this.

  • @kv331audio_bulent said:

    @richardyot said:
    Is it possible to create new banks, and import/export entire banks of presets? If this synth is going to be an option for a future AB forum sound fest that's essential.

    Yes that will be possible. That functionality exists already in the desktop version and it saves the custom waveforms/wavetables as well while saving the bank. Let's figure out the best workflow for this.

    This would be a great place to start IMO.....

  • OK finally figured out how to show fullscreen AU ui inside hosts like AUM, BM3 when host resizes the AU window:


  • nice! :smile:

  • Great :)
    This should work the same in apeMatrix and AB3 if it works in AUM.

    I've been getting the AU crashing when running only a couple of instances in apeMatrix on a pro ipad 2017, is this happening in other hosts?

    Btw I found a free bank of patches online, what's the best way to import them?
    If I put the folder in Synthmaster icloud or "on my ipad" folder or in the itunes folder it doesn't seem to work.

  • @Carnbot said:

    Great :)
    This should work the same in apeMatrix and AB3 if it works in AUM.

    I've been getting the AU crashing when running only a couple of instances in apeMatrix on a pro ipad 2017, is this happening in other hosts?

    Btw I found a free bank of patches online, what's the best way to import them?
    If I put the folder in Synthmaster icloud or "on my ipad" folder or in the itunes folder it doesn't seem to work.

    I’ve been getting the odd stuck sounds in ApeMatrix, but it’s only the sounds I’ve made and when playing like a harp. Not had any issues with the preset sounds. Maybe I’ve twiddled something I shouldn’t lol.

    Got to say, this synth is really growing on me :)

  • Quick question: I wanna test inserting SynthMaster One iOS as an effect into an audio track. Which DAW app would you guys recommend for this? Auria unfortunately doesnt' work yet with SM1.

  • @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Quick question: I wanna test inserting SynthMaster One iOS as an effect into an audio track. Which DAW app would you guys recommend for this? Auria unfortunately doesnt' work yet with SM1.

    I'd go with Cubasis, AUM or the newly released apeMatrix.
    The last 2 are not DAWs by definition but are used by many iOS musicians.

  • @Samu said:

    @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Quick question: I wanna test inserting SynthMaster One iOS as an effect into an audio track. Which DAW app would you guys recommend for this? Auria unfortunately doesnt' work yet with SM1.

    I'd go with Cubasis, AUM or the newly released apeMatrix.
    The last 2 are not DAWs by definition but are used by many iOS musicians.

    These plus BM3 should please at least 80% of iOS users

  • I’ve been getting stuck notes using the arp GarageBand. Is there a panic button anywhere? I can’t seem to find one to cut the sounds

  • @Samu said:

    @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Quick question: I wanna test inserting SynthMaster One iOS as an effect into an audio track. Which DAW app would you guys recommend for this? Auria unfortunately doesnt' work yet with SM1.

    I'd go with Cubasis, AUM or the newly released apeMatrix.
    The last 2 are not DAWs by definition but are used by many iOS musicians.

    ApeMatrix is used by many ios musicians? That was fast!

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    ApeMatrix is used by many ios musicians? That was fast!

    In due time...
    ...was mostly referring to the first two (Cubasis and AUM) with the 'many' :)

    Personally I got apeMatrix yesterday and it's still a bit MEH but growing on me.
    Just wishing that kind of 'routing' was de-facto standard in Cubasis...

  • Blimey, somehow I missed this thread, and synth release.

    @AudioGus said:
    Thanks @DCJ ! Heres another. On the creepier side this time...

    That sounds amazing, good work.

  • @kv331audio_bulent said:
    OK finally figured out how to show fullscreen AU ui inside hosts like AUM, BM3 when host resizes the AU window:


    How did you do that? What did I miss??

  • @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Quick question: I wanna test inserting SynthMaster One iOS as an effect into an audio track. Which DAW app would you guys recommend for this? Auria unfortunately doesnt' work yet with SM1.

    How does this work? Should it also show up as an AU effect? I have never actually seen an app be both instrument and FX plugin but I would love to have these availablein BM3. Virsyn actaully released a seperate AU of just their fx. I could totaly see that working with these.

  • @Chaztrip said:

    @kv331audio_bulent said:
    OK finally figured out how to show fullscreen AU ui inside hosts like AUM, BM3 when host resizes the AU window:


    How did you do that? What did I miss??

    Years of learning coding I imagine! ;)

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Blimey, somehow I missed this thread, and synth release.

    ‘Game changer’ gets thrown around a lot these days but this synth truly deserves a sincere use of the phrase.

  • @AudioGus said:

    @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Quick question: I wanna test inserting SynthMaster One iOS as an effect into an audio track. Which DAW app would you guys recommend for this? Auria unfortunately doesnt' work yet with SM1.

    How does this work? Should it also show up as an AU effect? I have never actually seen an app be both instrument and FX plugin but I would love to have these availablein BM3. Virsyn actaully released a seperate AU of just their fx. I could totaly see that working with these.

    I managed to create an "FX" version of it, yes:

    HOWEVER! How the hell does Cubase, or any other DAW send out MIDI to this audio track? Now that's the question :)

  • SynthMaster One NEEDS MIDI input to trigger it's voices:

  • You should probably test this in AUM/apeMatrix where you'll be able to route midi to an AU effect

  • @Carnbot said:

    You should probably test this in AUM/apeMatrix where you'll be able to route midi to an AU effect

    Great, thanks! <3

  • Yeah I guess this is under the category "AUv3: music effect" an audio effect which has midi input.
    Apematrix has a section for these, but they work in AUM also, not sure about Cubasis.

  • edited June 2018

    @AudioGus said:

    @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Quick question: I wanna test inserting SynthMaster One iOS as an effect into an audio track. Which DAW app would you guys recommend for this? Auria unfortunately doesnt' work yet with SM1.

    How does this work? Should it also show up as an AU effect? I have never actually seen an app be both instrument and FX plugin but I would love to have these availablein BM3. Virsyn actaully released a seperate AU of just their fx. I could totaly see that working with these.

    Ape Filter, iDensity, iVCS3 (ENV and VCF), Voice Synth, and DerVoco all have AU options for being musical effects where you can send MIDI to control them. You need an AU host that supports this functionality (e.g. AUM, Ape Matrix, and I believe Beatmaker 3 too).

  • @InfoCheck said:
    Ape Filter, iDensity, iVCS3 (ENV and VCF), Voice Synth, and DerVoco all have AU options for being musical effects where you can send MIDI to control them. You need an AU host that supports this functionality (e.g. AUM, Ape Matrix, and I believe Beatmaker 3 too).

    I don't think BM3's MFX works with MIDI. Have been trying to test with Der Voco on an audio track and no dice.

Sign In or Register to comment.