Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM crackling

2»

Comments

• @CracklePot said:

@Korakios said:
    I think it’s iOS issue (11.3) , changing to another app cause glitches on my Air2.
    It happens on AUM, AB3 and BM3

I think this is a likely culprit as well. There was someone comparing how Gadget runs on their new iPad compared to their old iPad2. The iPad 2 is glitch-free and doesn’t get hot or suffer from unusually fast battery drain, while the newer iPad stinks.

So I think it likely that iOS upgrades are causing some havoc, but I also think there may be too much power crammed into an iPad Pro, causing instability and heat dispersion related problems.

Yes that was me.
    It’s not just different iOS versions. As you wrote, device model seems to play a big roll too, where newer and ‘Pro’ is not a guarantee for a better audio experience.

• Any updates on this? Just started using AUM with an iPhone 8 using the 3.5 lightning dongle. Getting a lot of crackling even with high buffer sizes. Tried on 44.1 and 48khz. Very annoying, can’t really use iPhone for music any more!

• FYI This was also happening in Animoog standalone, no other apps open. In AUM getting really strange beep-beep glitches in Zeeon (AU within AUM).

• @handed are you on iOS 11? On my Air2 iOS 11 was a mess but on 12.x everything is working as supposed to ....