Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a sequencer that will advance "steps" when it receives a configurable midi note...

2»

Comments

• @Drümünkey said:
    I need a step sequencer that will allow me to:

1. Enter a sequencer of notes
    2. Define a midi note that will advance the play step
    3. Loop when it reaches the end
    4. Essentially I need a sequencer like the SH101 on the iPad

MidiSteps is the closest... But the way he built it, you can't set/define the midi note that advances a sequence, and you can't define a separate note for each of the 4 sequences.

If MIDISteps could do those things it would be PERFECT. I'd throw money at Art if he would update to allow configuring the triggering midi note/ch per sequence.

Does anyone know of another sequencer that can do this? I've got pretty much every sequencer I think but have not discovered this ability.

I think I could build something in zMors, but I'd prefer a standalone AU.

Help?

Modstep if I understand your items correctly.

1. Yes, definitely
    2. Okay, I guess if your loops were short, is more geared toward advancing pattern/scene. Not 100% sure on notes, i use ccs to advance.
    3. yes
    4. Not too familiar with that unit.
  • @Drümünkey said:

MidiSteps is the closest... But the way he built it, you can't set/define the midi note that advances a sequence, and you can't define a separate note for each of the 4 sequences.

If MIDISteps could do those things it would be PERFECT. I'd throw money at Art if he would update to allow configuring the triggering midi note/ch per sequence.

Does anyone know of another sequencer that can do this? I've got pretty much every sequencer I think but have not discovered this ability.

Help?

Modstep maybe if I understand your items correctly.

1. Yes, definitely
    2. Okay, I guess if your loops were short, it more advances whole scenes/patterns.
    3. Yes,
    4. Haven't used one much.
  • @Drümünkey said:

Help?

Modstep maybe if I understand your items correctly.

1. Yes, definitely
    2. Okay, I guess if your loops were short, it more advances whole scenes/patterns.
    3. Yes,
    4. Haven't used one much.
  • sorry - just realised I'd updated the wrong video - here is one with voice over explaining the note in feature..

• @midiSequencer said:
    sorry - just realised I'd updated the wrong video - here is one with voice over explaining the note in feature..

Is there an ETA on when this may be out? Also, should I be able to change the skin to what i see in your vids, or is that not out yet either?

• Have you looked at MidiSteps? It is based on the SH101 apparently. It seems like it does what you are asking for. I want this feature, too. But I am holding out for Drambo and Quanta, so I can’t spend $10 on this one yet. Also waiting for Patterning 2!

Anyway....MidiSteps if you like

midiSTEPs - midi step sequencer toy by Arthur Kerns
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midisteps-midi-step-sequencer-toy/id1001532047?mt=8

• @CracklePot said:
    Have you looked at MidiSteps? It is based on the SH101 apparently. It seems like it does what you are asking for. I want this feature, too. But I am holding out for Drambo and Quanta, so I can’t spend $10 on this one yet. Also waiting for Patterning 2!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midisteps-midi-step-sequencer-toy/id1001532047?mt=8

I have MidiSteps, and actually the reason that it has the note advance was I begged him for it. :)

But I find that it's pretty unstable. I get it crashing or acting weird a lot. I've tried it as an AU host (which in theory is a great idea... sound generation and FX and sequencing all in one package...), as well as just sending midi into AUM... But I ALWAYS get a crash or a non-response situation sooner or later... :(

• @Drümünkey said:

@CracklePot said:
    Have you looked at MidiSteps? It is based on the SH101 apparently. It seems like it does what you are asking for. I want this feature, too. But I am holding out for Drambo and Quanta, so I can’t spend $10 on this one yet. Also waiting for Patterning 2!

I have MidiSteps, and actually the reason that it has the note advance was I begged him for it. :)

But I find that it's pretty unstable. I get it crashing or acting weird a lot. I've tried it as an AU host (which in theory is a great idea... sound generation and FX and sequencing all in one package...), as well as just sending midi into AUM... But I ALWAYS get a crash or a non-response situation sooner or later... :(

Shoot. That is a big bummer. :/

Good thing @midiSequencer is coming to save the day. <3 :) B)

• edited June 2018

@Drümünkey said:
    Is there an ETA on when this may be out? Also, should I be able to change the skin to what i see in your vids, or is that not out yet either?

This is the next update. There is an option in settings to pick the new flat black or keep the old retro style(you either love or hate).

So when? I should finish all the bug fixing this weekend and therefore be able to submit this to Apple early next week. Its a free update as well :)

Just been re-working the step trigger conditions - these Elektron style triggers allow you to create interesting rhythms - so will be updating the manual & posting some vids on how to get the best out of these as they are powerful additions to any sequence. You can do this with note in advance too (original topic of this post) - so it can effect your keyboard input too.