Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording midi from AUM

13»

Comments

• @j_liljedahl said:
    That's a good idea, even for a built-in MIDI recorder in AUM. Even though it does require one extra MIDI route. Perhaps makes sense to combine with another idea I have, MIDI proxies (or busses) to simplify (re)connection and switching of external controllers. So instead of connecting a controller directly to some destinations, you can connect the proxy to those destinations. Then you can connect any controller to the proxy, and replace it without having to redo all the connections. Such a proxy could have some kind of rec/play functionality.

Yes please :)

• @faktoid said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    The key part about routing for midi from AUM is to assign the sequencers own midi channels (on their GUI in the case of the Rozeta stuff) to the particular tracks in Cubasis, not just the routing internal to AUM. And in Cubasis you chose Virtual midi in, and assign channel #s for each track, matching each of the sequencers own assignments.
    This is without Audiobus, just AUM to Cubasis. One can use the Audiobus for added features and convenience I’m sure, but I tested without it.

sounds like a plan. thank you..
    But :)
    How would you sync those two.... AUM and Cubasis.. As cubasis, correct me if I am wrong, does not support link and has to be the master and can send midi ... Should I set AUM - I have not checked that - as a midi slave?
    Is that possible? I am not critzising you but it is not very elegant and straight forward, which leads me again to the whish for a simple and more integrated solution... Come on Bram Bros... make it happen :)

Didn’t feel criticized, I tested the described method as proof of concept really. I generally don’t spin as many plates at once on iOS, for what I do. Im thinking running the whole thing through AB would solve the sync issue you mention, but there’s another spinning plate.

• Any news ? :-)

• edited November 2019

Not an exhaustive list:

These AUs can record MIDI within AUM:

• Atom
    • BeatHawk (also standalone)
    • Thesys (also standalone)

These standalone apps can record MIDI from AUM:

• Cubasis
    • Gadget
    • Xequence2
  • Xequence 2 - not only does it do what you want, it has a fantastic introduction tutorial that walks you through the process. And if you forget you can reset all of the hints and reminders

• @j_liljedahl said:

@wim said:
    While I'd love to see it in AUM, I'd even more love to see a simple midi recorder AU plugin that could be placed anywhere and would record any midi it sees as it passes it transparently through. Ideally it would be able to replay what it records as well.

It would be up to the user to decide where it would go. In AUM you would place it on a track like you do Rozeta now. Then you would route some midi to it, then route it's midi to the app you want to play. Arm it to record, press play, do your fantastic performance and/or automation magic, and it all gets recorded. Now you can play it back, or save it and play it back in another AU midi capable host. Of course, if it's an AU then you can use multiple recorders if needed, and even then channel them into one. The possibilities are endless, and finally automation and midi would be cleanly portable.

That's a good idea, even for a built-in MIDI recorder in AUM. Even though it does require one extra MIDI route. Perhaps makes sense to combine with another idea I have, MIDI proxies (or busses) to simplify (re)connection and switching of external controllers. So instead of connecting a controller directly to some destinations, you can connect the proxy to those destinations. Then you can connect any controller to the proxy, and replace it without having to redo all the connections. Such a proxy could have some kind of rec/play functionality.

PS. For everyone hoping to see all this in the near future, don't stay up and wait! It will take a long time since it's part of a larger remake of MIDI stuff in general in AUM. Hopefully before the end of 2018 :)

Hi there, would it be possible to sign up for a AUM beta?