Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shout out to the devs and you

Just want to give thanks to all the devs , especially the ones who hang here and other places and listen to our end user feedback 🙂
Some really good work going into a lot of these synths and the community is great.
Another shout out to those who give honest feedback and opinions to keep improving and supporting the devs and apps being made.
I've switched almost entirely to iOS thanks to apps like ab3 , loopy, AUM, Layr, volt, tardigrain, zeeon, groovebox, audio share, patterning and many others.
Everyone keep up the great work and keep making music !
And to all the presets and help coming from this forum, it really keeps me inspired !

Comments

• Agreed, and expressing gratitude never goes out of style.

• +1 shout out to all of ya for spreading the musical knowledge and love.
    Plugged my first midi in last week and without you guys wouldn’t have gotten any further.
    Expect a thousand stupid questions coming your way :#

You’re all awesome xx

• I seem to continually say it but we do live in a golden age for mobile music making.

Sure, the tech has it’s quirks and teething issues but the number of prolific devs pitching in and helping the community is a wonder. It’s great to be a small part of it.

It very much reminds me of the Shareware days of the gaming scene back in the 80s/90s.

• I’m an 80s/90s kid and today’s tech and access to info is beyond childhood dreams.

I can sit and watch endless tutorials on how to auto gen countless versions of my favourite music and ask an unlimited number of experienced people direct questions in real time how to do something it’d take pros months to produce back then, and I still know nothing about what I’m doing.
    Oh and all on one tiny thing a few millimetres thick!...that can sit in my (big) back pocket!! Wtf is this dark magic of the future!!??

Seriously though, anyone young atm please take alllllll the advantage you can of the stuff available.

Even if there’s only you dancing, you bang that head

• +1

Did the same for live performance and ditched my laptop and hardware now use controllers with iPad. Still use PC, vsti's and hardware synth for recording. Recording in iOS still somewhat cumbersum.

• @EDB said:
    I’m an 80s/90s kid and today’s tech and access to info is beyond childhood dreams.

I can sit and watch endless tutorials on how to auto gen countless versions of my favourite music and ask an unlimited number of experienced people direct questions in real time how to do something it’d take pros months to produce back then, and I still know nothing about what I’m doing.
    Oh and all on one tiny thing a few millimetres thick!...that can sit in my (big) back pocket!! Wtf is this dark magic of the future!!??

Seriously though, anyone young atm please take alllllll the advantage you can of the stuff available.

Haha same here man, was born in 1980 and this stuff was inconceivable back then, remember when we thought CDs were as advanced as portable music would ever get 😂😂
    It's insane how fast you can learn and grab new tech these days, and as soon as you learn it, it starts over with some thing newer and you're outdated again LOL, so I just stick to what I know and can do, which isn't much, but I keep that dark future magic with me ready to go at all times

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I seem to continually say it but we do live in a golden age for mobile music making.

Sure, the tech has it’s quirks and teething issues but the number of prolific devs pitching in and helping the community is a wonder. It’s great to be a small part of it.

It very much reminds me of the Shareware days of the gaming scene back in the 80s/90s.

Def is the golden age of mobile music, soon enough iPad's will be a thing of tha past and something even crazier will be supporting Ab3 😁

• @EDB said:
    I’m an 80s/90s kid and today’s tech and access to info is beyond childhood dreams.

Hear, hear. I wish I could place 18-year-old me in front of today's musicking technology. We don't even realize how lucky we are to have these capabilities in our pocket.

• @reasOne @lukesleepwalker I’m putting together a tardis if you want in. Go back bill & ted style

• Yeah, I talked to a friend yesterday about that too. Youtube is an incredible tool for absolute everything. I can honestly say, that these ideas/dreams don't even came to our mind.

I remember sitting infront of Rebirth back then, this was pretty sick. Boy, I need to get more music created...

This forum is great, much help offered and a great place to be :)

• I actually thought the minidisc was it!
    I remember when tablets wer just an idea and remember how my friends would laugh them out like who would walk around with a tablet with no mouse and keyboard! Ha ha ha.... look now!

Thanks to all the awesome Devs that visit us here, listen to our rants about making their apps better and wow, to actually see them implement our suggestions, and we’ll, I honestly feel really blessed to be alive in such a time as this.

@reasOne said:

@EDB said:

Haha same here man, was born in 1980 and this stuff was inconceivable back then, remember when we thought CDs were as advanced as portable music would ever get 😂😂
    It's insane how fast you can learn and grab new tech these days, and as soon as you learn it, it starts over with some thing newer and you're outdated again LOL, so I just stick to what I know and can do, which isn't much, but I keep that dark future magic with me ready to go at all times

• Big, big thank you to the developers. Thank you to the great ones that are driving us into the future. Thank you to the new ones that are doing it out of love, since profits and gratitude are hard to come by. Thank you for the endless free updates to your amazing creations. And especially, thank you for staying committed to this iOS music scene, despite having to deal with Apple, iOS and a bunch of entitled babies. Without all of you developers, this party is over.