Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GarageBand MIDI export?

I'm sure I know the answer to this already, but just in case... is there any way to export or copy MIDI data that was created in GarageBand into another app like Cubasis?

Comments

• Since you asked if there is ANY way, the answer is yes.

Use Logic on a Mac to open the Garageband iOS project, and you can do whatever you like with the MIDI data from there.

• Oh... okay. Ha, that makes sense. Well... I don't have Logic. Does GB on OSX support this?

• edited November 2013

You would think it does, but it doesn't (officially).

However, there is a free plugin someone wrote that can export MIDI from a track in Garageband Mac, but it is in realtime (i.e. you would need something else to record the resulting MIDI stream); it's more meant for controlling external devices.