Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AU vintage vocoder effects app DerVoco by Beepstreet.

2»

Comments

• @realdawei said:

@universe said:
    Thanks @denx @giku_beepstreet
    Seems like a lot of fun.

Will be interesting to see if Voice synth changes the game in any other way when their Plugin becomes AU.

Have they said they will do this?

Hope so it’s a top synth and could be even better if they iron out the bugs has crashed on me a few times.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@realdawei said:

@universe said:
    Thanks @denx @giku_beepstreet
    Seems like a lot of fun.

Will be interesting to see if Voice synth changes the game in any other way when their Plugin becomes AU.

Have they said they will do this?

Hope so it’s a top synth and could be even better if they iron out the bugs has crashed on me a few times.

Voice synth as an AU will be incredible. I can’t even imagine. It’s definitely coming

• Wow this is awesome in BM3

• @AudioGus said:
    Wow this is awesome in BM3

Isn’t it 😁!

• Instant download for me. I’m telling you this thing is so much fun. Totally reignited my creative juice! Woooo Hooooo!

• @denx said:

@AudioGus said:

Isn’t it 😁!

Just put Turnado and Perforator on top... :love:

• @AudioGus said:

@denx said:

@AudioGus said:

Isn’t it 😁!

Are you using it as a true vocoder or as an effect on samples?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@denx said:

@AudioGus said:

Isn’t it 😁!

Are you using it as a true vocoder or as an effect on samples?

I am using it like this...

Animoog hard right...

Zeeon hard left...

Each one playing a sequence...

Recorded it while I twiddled/played with the ‘dry/wet’, ‘amp’, ‘smooth’, ‘q’

• I am thoroughly in love with Dervoco (and all of your apps, tbh).

Two humble requests:

1. user presets selectable via program change
    2. a bypass switch, or better yet true bypass when wet/dry is set to dry (as it is, there is still a noticeable smearing effect)

I've set up a workaround in aum with an extra "dry channel" but it would be helpful to have it built in to the vocoder.

• Poison-202 works really well for using DerVoco with vocals for vocoder effects and ChordMaps 2 as a MIDI source to trigger Poison-202. Check out Doug’s video on how to set up DerVoco if you’re not sure.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2018

Thanks @Jumpercollins for sharing my tutorial. I just published another one showing folks how to set up for use in Cubasis. I don't know if this is the ONLY way to do it to be honest maybe it can be done without AUM in the mix (just Audiobus and Cubasis?) I'm not sure I would have to dive deeper to learn how but I'm thinking no. Please correct me if I'm wrong!! Anyway I think this new tutorial makes a good pair with my first DerVoco tutorial. I hope it helps!!

"Mix bus routing in Cubasis? Unheard of well atleast in the current version of Cubasis it's a no go but hopefully in the future. In the meantime you can use this method if you have AUM and Audiobus. I'm not sure if this is the ONLY way to do this but I think it might be. Maybe it can all be done in Audiobus 3 without AUM. I would have to dig deeper to learn that. The following video shows you how to set up an external carrier in Beepstreet DerVoco. You can use MIDI Files in Cubasis, send them over to AUM which in turn goes to Audiobus and then back to Cubasis as an audio bus. Heh hey Audiobus , makes sense."

Get DerVoco https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dervoco/id1391057304?mt=8&at=10laUK

Get AUM https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aum-audio-mixer/id1055636344?mt=8&at=10laUK

Get Audiobus 3 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiobus-3/id1129130361?mt=8&at=10laUK

Thanks for watching!!

• @giku_beepstreet just picked this up yesterday and loving all the weird combinations and new percussion combinations I’m able to get out of it

Are there any plans to expose more AU parameters? It’d be awesome to be able to send some LFO automation to it in apeMatrix :)

• This really makes a great destroyer in input mode! Put percussion panned left and a synth panned right. It makes some cool sounds!

• @motmeister said:
    This really makes a great destroyer in input mode! Put percussion panned left and a synth panned right. It makes some cool sounds!

I tried the MV08 drum AU panned left, and driven by Rozeta XOX, and another instance of MV08 panned right with it's own Rozeta MVO8, sent to a third channel with an mFX of DerVoco on input mode, with yet a 3rd instance of Rozeta XOX driving DerVoco. Totally new sound from MV08 and some beautifully complex patterns.

This one is a real gem. :)

• @skiphunt said:

@motmeister said:
    This really makes a great destroyer in input mode! Put percussion panned left and a synth panned right. It makes some cool sounds!

I tried the MV08 drum AU panned left, and driven by Rozeta XOX, and another instance of MV08 panned right with it's own Rozeta MVO8, sent to a third channel with an mFX of DerVoco on input mode, with yet a 3rd instance of Rozeta XOX driving DerVoco. Totally new sound from MV08 and some beautifully complex patterns.

You are SO DARING! [grin]. The greater the mashup, the more interesting the sound!

• edited July 2018

@motmeister said:

@skiphunt said:

@motmeister said:

You are SO DARING! [grin]. The greater the mashup, the more interesting the sound!

Well, I'd mostly disregarded this one because I'm not really all that keen on vocoders in general. But, this one looked like it was very different and offered some really cool options for experimentation outside of the usual vocoder realm.

So, I haven't really been paying attention to any posts about it and am just discovering how cool it really is and all the interesting combinations that are capable with it. :)

• edited November 2018

I want to use DerVoco as MFx in Cubasis. I created an audio track and inserted the MFx version of DerVoco . So far so good. Unfortunately I have no idea how to control the internal carrier oscillator. I know there is an on-screen keyboard, but I want to control the carrier via an MIDI track. If I add an MIDI track for the carrier notes, how do I set DerVoco as MIDI target? I can't discover any virtual port or something similar to select DerVoco as MIDI destination.

The tutorial video only describes the procedure with external carrier signals. This is not what I want. The manual mentions the internal synth mode, but doesn't describe from where the MIDI events come. Any ideas what I can do? Thanks!

• Anyone here who can help me? Maybe @giku_beepstreet ?

• So, can I make some dark vox with this thing? I’ve read you can run any synth through this so I’m curious how crazy I can get with this.

• edited May 2020

@iOSTRAKON oh man you need this plug, midi vocoder classic way or as a dist mangler (got nasty gain) audio fx/eq/synth/noise
    its beepstreet class

• That’s what I’m talking about. All I’ve seen so far is people using it for typical vocoder sounds. I need to see the extreme side of it.

@noob said:
    @iOSTRAKON oh man you need this plug, midi vocoder classic way or as a dist mangler (got nasty gain) audio fx
    its beepstreet class

• yaman

• Hook me up with a demo to see what I’m getting myself into it

@noob said:
    yaman

• My first testing with it // this might take some practice

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    My first testing with it // this might take some practice

Video or it dint happen. 😃

I am curious about the vocoder. O you have a sound clip ?

• I’m working on it ;) as you can see I’m getting some crazy clipping

@ecou said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I’m working on it ;) as you can see I’m getting some crazy clipping

@ecou said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

I tried to use Caustic vocoder and it is no easy. I imagine this one is no better.

• edited May 2020

Haven’t tried that yet. I’ve seen the Matrix vocoder and others. I have some other apps but just can’t get the FX I’m looking for just yet.

@ecou said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I’m working on it ;) as you can see I’m getting some crazy clipping

@ecou said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

I tried to use Caustic vocoder and it is no easy. I imagine this one is no better.