Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS thinks external mic is an output

I'm not sure when, but at some point something changed and now my phone thinks that my Tascam iM2 microphone is an output. Hence, I get no output from the 3.5 headphones, and no input from the microphone. I assume this is because iOS wants everyone to use lightning port headphones, and so it assumes that an lightning port connected microphone is an output (or, should have headphones connected along with it.) Does anyone know of a way to force the iPhone to use the 3.5 jack as headphone output, and the lightning port as a microphone input?

At the moment, the "studio in my phone" that I spent, what, a year building? The portable studio that I use for practice, recording, creating...is useless. Because of an undocumented change with no manual setting to switch it back? Sorry for the venting, but it just seems like I spend half my life figuring out why technology that worked yesterday no longer works. (Like, my e-mail accounts, which the phone has somehow linked so that I can no longer send e-mail on one account, because the other account throws an error on the password...for the first account. WTF?)

Anyway, back on point, does anyone know how to set up the audio on an iPhone 6 running iOS 11.3.1 so that I can listening on headphones and input through an external (lightning port) microphone?

-Kokomodo

Comments

• Well...it may have to do with releasing wifi audio. Not sure. At some point the phone did figure out how to use the headphones and the microphone. Still had problems with apps shutting down (launch one app, another would close. Launch that one, the first one would close etc.) But, it did seem to work itself out. I will keep diagnosing and see if I can replicate the problem. Apologies for the whining. Just hate losing a creative moment to fix technology.