Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is anyone able to connect MPE\Seaboard Block to Volt standalone?

I can connect my CME Xkey via Bluetooth fine, it says my Seaboard block is connected, but it’s not doing anything. GeoShred is also not doing anything as an MPE controller. Where do we find the MIDI channel settings? I have no problem using anything in AUv3 mode in AUM, but I want to make some patches and don’t care for making patches in the tiny AUv3 window that doesn’t scale when resized. I hope it’s something I’m missing as this is advertised as an “Expressive MIDI Synthesizer” and not supporting MPE in standalone wouldn’t make sense. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Volt works fine with my Seabord Block and also with the Roli Lightpads via Bluetooth. Sound is coming when I touch them. 🎶
    I did not change any midi settings. It works out of the box.

• @chandroji Thanks for letting me know. I realized there is now an update just released, so I installed that and it still wasn’t working. I uninstalled and reinstalled Volt it and now it is working :)

• @dman, i cannot make any midi play the Volt Synth; even after updating it and deleting the app; then reinstalling. This includes my Roli Seaboard RISE 49; and the Yamaha MD-BT01.

• @bsantoro said:
    @dman, i cannot make any midi play the Volt Synth; even after updating it and deleting the app; then reinstalling. This includes my Roli Seaboard RISE 49; and the Yamaha MD-BT01.

Did you make sure there is a check mark next to your MIDI source like in this picture. It took me a minute to figure that out. You tap on MIDI input and it’s here. Even after you connect bluetooth MIDI you still have to turn it on in these settings. I was trying to send a screenshot but for some reason screenshots on an iPad of Volt are extremely large. Like 12mb and it won’t post.

• edited June 2018

@DMan

I was trying to send a screenshot but for some reason screenshots on an iPad of Volt are extremely large...

It think you mean this...

• Thanks @dman and @chandroji, that worked.