Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

help id'ing some chords...

i know this is the AB forum, but thought somebody could help me out here... wondering if someone can tell me what chords or types of chords these are at the beginning of this song by Monster Magnet (the strings) ... they're very Eastern sounding - I was trying to figure out similar chords last night but got nowhere. maybe i'm overthinking and they're just some basic minor chords? any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Sounds more like single notes of a Ab chord to me.

• thanks! I was thinking it was some uncommon eastern chord or something - overthinking it like i though.

• It could also be the relative c minor chord.

• Definitely C sharp minor or enharmonic D flat minor. Same note. If you use the flat spelling the notes are D flat A flat and E (F flat). This chord is the relative minor of E major - the rock guitarist's fave chord. If you say it is A flat then it is an A flat sus 6 chord. For simplicity, the chord is a minor tonality and I'll call it C sharp minor. Hope this helps :-)

• I'm tuned to standard tuning so it falls on C sharp. Maybe Morris is tuned a step down.

• edited November 2013

I tested on my midi guitar. Might have been transposed down, but where did I get the Ab. Back to the theory thread. Lol.

• Morris - that's cool. I like the texture of this song and it is the first time I've heard it. MIDI guitar? You are talking my language. Which one do you have?

• I have the YouRockGuitar.

• YRG? Googled it and SoundonSound magazine reviews it as an amazing midi guitar controller. How's the tracking? It is not always easy to play cleanly on midi guitars but you learn quickly with help from the midi editor. What interface do you use to hook it up with your iPad? I use the Alesis IO Dock.

I've always been interested in midi guitars. I had the Roland GR33 and now I have the Roland VG99 and it is my pride and joy. I use a Line 6 Variax Guitar with a GK3 pick up to trigger the midi sounds. So I end up blending guitar and midi tones and as you know that is a lot of fun.

• The tracking is very good. I use the Akai EIE for a audio interface, but you can go straight in with cck also. I have the YRG 1st Gen, but the 2nd Gen is available with updated internal sounds. I don't use the internal sounds so couldn't justify upgrading. You can get 1st Gen dirt cheap now.

• edited November 2013

I make it C#m . . . B C#m7/E . . | C#m . . . B C#m . . |
    Mellotron strings are just playing within a C# pentatonic scale.