Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

June 2018 Sound Design Fest - Volt

Comments

• Ok yes got it working same way as above on PC just copy them all to the icloud drive folder :)

• Where can I find the download? I didn't see a link in this thread.

• @Masanga said:
    Big thanks to everyone for these! Tremendous stuff from all contribs. So much lovely slidey aftertouchy MPE goodness; can't keep my fingers off @Matt_Fletcher_2000's Strings Delux pair, and whoever did Mozart's Ghost and In Dreams has caused my entire living room to honk of coconut oil.

Glad you’re enjoying!

All my presets are designed to work with MPE pressure and slide (as well as velocity and glide).

[FYI on a device with 3D Touch like an iPhone 6s or up - all good. But I’ve noticed on my iPad Air 2 (which doesn’t have 3D Touch) you can’t use ‘pressure’ so a couple of patches like Cave Pad and Cave Piano don’t really sound because you can’t increase pressure which on those patches increases volume. You should be able to fix this by changing the pressure setting to 0 in the synth settings which disables the pressure stuff. (Then you might need to turn up the VCO levels)]

• A little help here, so I copied the presets to icloud drive folder using my mac. I see them on my ipad ( running latest ios version ) in the icloud drive folder, now what. How do I get them into volt. Thanks anyone.

Oh and Happy 4th of July to everyone.

• Is it possible for non Mac OS user to access it with iCloud.com? Maybe you can upload and store files there too??

• @david_2017 said:
    Is it possible for non Mac OS user to access it with iCloud.com? Maybe you can upload and store files there too??

Okay David sounds possible I'll give it a go in a bit. I'll let you know once I finish my honey do list.

• I'm using a PC, and I had no problem copying the new presets to my iPad.

After downloading the recent Volt update to my iPad, I ran Volt, and it asked if I wanted to use iCloud to store the presets. I agreed. The app then created a top-level Volt folder on my iCloud drive. I copied the new presets from my PC into that folder.

Volt should see the new presets there and automagically install them. You may need to restart Volt for that to happen.

When you browse the presets in Volt, don't expect to see the new presets isolated within a separate User category. The factory and user presets will be mixed together within each of the existing categories. The factory ones will be at the top of each category, so you'll need to scroll down to see your newly installed user presets.

Hope that helps.

• Sadly the iCloud Drive option isn't working for me - the Volt folder shows up in iCloud Drive on my iPad, but it won't sync to my PC or to iCloud on the web, no idea why but a Google search tells me this is a fairly common problem with iCloud Drive not always syncing properly.

Ideally we should be able to do this all on the iPad without resorting to a PC or Mac anyway, I just wish the dev would show some interest in the issue and chime in, because he did actually say he was going to make the importing and exporting of presets functional.

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2018

I managed to install the presets using only the iPad - it wasn’t easy to find a work-around.

Here is what i did

• In Volt enabled iCloud drive. This creates a specific Volt folder on the drive containing a Presets folder with all current presets.
    • Quit Volt

• I unzipped the AB user inside a AudioShare/Volt folder. This created another ‚volt’ subfolder containg the AB user presets. Rename this ‚volt’ folder to ‚Presets‘

• Using the Files App, rename the icloud drive/Volt/Presets Folder to ‚Presets Org‘

• Using the Files App i selected ‚all files‘ in the ‚Presets Org‘ folder and used ‚move‘ to copy them into the AudioShare/Volt/Preset folder - it now contains both current and AB presets.
    • Using the Files App, i navigated to AudioShare/Volt and long pressed on the ‚Presets‘ folder and then selected copy. This just marks the folder to be copied.
    • Using the Files App, i navigated to iCloud Drive/Volt and long pressed some empty space inside the folder until the popup with ‚Insert / New Folder / Info‘ appeared and selected ‚insert‘

• When starting the Volt app again, current and the new AB presets are present.

BTW i did a backup copy of all ‚current presets‘ into another folder just to be shure if something went wrong...

It seems that the permissions for the Volt icloud folder or its Preset folder are to restrictive - or its a general IOS right management problem.
    It was not possible to copy/move files into the original Preset folder, or even move files from a sub-folder of icloud drive/volt/Presets ‚up‘ one folder - i only managed to rename & copy & paste the full folders replacing the original one with a folder containing both current and AB user presets
  • @_ki yes I think it might even just be a simple case of the dev allowing write permissions into the folder on iCloud Drive. I know I can copy stuff into the Auria file system for example, but it's not possible to copy files into the Volt Presets folder.

• @richardyot said:
    Sadly the iCloud Drive option isn't working for me - the Volt folder shows up in iCloud Drive on my iPad, but it won't sync to my PC or to iCloud on the web, no idea why but a Google search tells me this is a fairly common problem with iCloud Drive not always syncing properly.

I've run into this a few times with other apps. I've found that switching off the iCloud Drive via Settings, and then switching it back on to force a re-read of the iCloud Drive, can help apps sync with the newly copied content on the drive. It does take maybe 15 minutes or so for everything to sync up. You can use the Files app to watch the various files reappear as they become available again.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@richardyot said:
    Sadly the iCloud Drive option isn't working for me - the Volt folder shows up in iCloud Drive on my iPad, but it won't sync to my PC or to iCloud on the web, no idea why but a Google search tells me this is a fairly common problem with iCloud Drive not always syncing properly.

I've run into this a few times with other apps. I've found that switching off the iCloud Drive via Settings, and then switching it back on to force a re-read of the iCloud Drive, can help apps sync with the newly copied content on the drive. It does take maybe 15 minutes or so for everything to sync up. You can use the Files app to watch the various files reappear as they become available again.

Is there any risk of losing stuff in this process? I have about 50 GarageBand projects in iCloud and losing them would upset me a bit :)

• @richardyot said:
    Is there any risk of losing stuff in this process? I have about 50 GarageBand projects in iCloud and losing them would upset me a bit :)

Well, I haven't lost anything... or I think I haven't lost anything... maybe I should check... :)

• @richardyot, Is there a download link for the presets? I have not seen one in this thread.

• @sch said:
    @richardyot, Is there a download link for the presets? I have not seen one in this thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0622vz70afmvn7/volt.zip?dl=0

On the second page ;)

• Thanks, mate!

• It worked very well, thanks for the import procedure...and thanks to all the producers for your great presets

• Thanks for all of your hard work in creating these sweeet presets everyone! Sorry if this has been already asked. What is the process to get these into VOLT? I tried Audioshare and unzipped it only to get blank files. I tried saving them to iCloud via Dropbox. How is everyone importing these over? I just can’t figure it out. Thanks again!

• @Masanga said:
    and whoever did Mozart's Ghost and In Dreams has caused my entire living room to honk of coconut oil.

Oh yeah, those were two of mine, sorry about the living room :)

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Thanks for all of your hard work in creating these sweeet presets everyone! Sorry if this has been already asked. What is the process to get these into VOLT? I tried Audioshare and unzipped it only to get blank files. I tried saving them to iCloud via Dropbox. How is everyone importing these over? I just can’t figure it out. Thanks again!

iCloud Drive via computer, or scroll up higher in the page to see instructions from ki. Basically the import procedure sucks.

• Thanks Richard. OMG this truly sucks! The process alas is way to complex for this noob. Thanks anyways. No wonder I couldn’t figure it out...VOLT Dev if your on this forum please give us an update to the app to address this very poor & unnecessary complex way of sharing some presets....there HAS to be a better way, PLEASE help us ASAP! Happy 4th all! Cheers, Elektrik D.

• FWIW, I was having no luck getting Volt to see the new presets after moving them into its folder until I "threw it away" (double-tap the home button to show recently visited apps and swipe up) and relaunched it. I think it only scans the folder at its initial launch and doesn't re-scan when you press the Browse button.

• edited August 2018

@richardyot - hi Richard. Am reviving this thread because there’s been an update to Volt.

I wonder if this now fixes the problem and makes the Volt iCloud folder write enabled so that we can load in presets.

@ka010 can you enlighten us?

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    @richardyot - hi Richard. Am reviving this thread because there’s been an update to Volt.

I wonder if this now fixes the problem and makes the Volt iCloud folder write enabled so that we can load in presets.

@ka010 can you enlighten us?

None. Doesn’t seem to have fixed it.

@ka010 please can you make the Volt iCloud Drive write enabled so that presets can be added? Right now they can’t.

• This whole debacle really killed my vibe with volt. :'(

• @DCJ said:
    This whole debacle really killed my vibe with volt. :'(

Ditto. Really badly handled by the dev IMO.

• I will live in eternal hope! @ka010 - please make people be able to load my presets!!! :) :)

• @richardyot said:
    OK I've collected the presets from @Matt_Fletcher_2000 @david_2017 @DCJ @gusgranite and myself and they can be downloaded here:

Link doesn’t seem to work anymore, would you mind reposting it? Thanks!

• @ohwell said:

@richardyot said:
    OK I've collected the presets from @Matt_Fletcher_2000 @david_2017 @DCJ @gusgranite and myself and they can be downloaded here:

Link doesn’t seem to work anymore, would you mind reposting it? Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8197d93ribt7jn9/volt.zip?dl=0

It's a faff to import though, see further up the thread.

• Oooch I see! The files permissions do prevent copying the presets, and deleting the original volt folder + replacing with one with all of the presets doesn’t seem to work atm - result seems to be that a new factory presets file gets generated. Yep..