Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

June 2018 Sound Design Fest - Volt

Comments

• Ok, I hadn’t run stand-alone first. That has fixed the crashing!
    However, when running the AU in AUM on the 8+ I do not get to see any presets in the preset browser. It is blank. They are there in standalone.

Ok, great that's good to know! When running the standalone, did you go through the welcome dialogue and did you migrate to iCloud or leave it at local storage?

@Mark B said:
    The randomiser is great but it was producing some out of range values in the relative mode (I set it to randomise everything). The ADSR attack slider totally disappeared and the LFO was minus -22 Hz.

Sorry about that, it's fixed in1.3.1 already. If nothing else comes up that will ship later today or tomorrow.

• @ka010 I set it to local storage as iCloud is full.

• @gusgranite said:
    @ka010 I set it to local storage as iCloud is full.

Alright, looks like something went wrong there, let me have a look.

• When using the randomizer and wearing headphones - stick a limiter on it folks! (I use NoLimits with a -6dB ceiling).

With great power comes great responsibility...

• edited June 2018

great update, thanks :)
    Randomiser is very useful. One of the most advanced synth randomisers I've seen.

I am finding sometimes the controls in the AU are tricky, you can scroll but not move the controls quickly afterwards. It's getting confused whether you want to scroll or touch a control, so you have to hold down for a short time to show you want to move a control. Which can be a little frustrating.

Hope there's a plan for full screen AU in the works which would help, currently the preset menu opens in full screen but not the rest of the synth.

edit: actually I think the unresponsiveness doesn't happen each time, when I reopen it it's better.

• @ka010 - thanks for the update. I’m enjoying the randomiser.

Is there a way to rename a patch? I can’t seem to find one.

Also it doesn’t seem like the ‘save’ (as opposed to ‘save as’) is working. It fails to update the patch.

Or should we still use the ‘update’ button on the patch (that seems to have stopped working too)?

Right now I seem to have to ‘save as’ a new patch and delete the old one if I want to edit a patch in any way.

Only other thing I spotted was that if the randomiser switches on parameters for slide and press, those parameters don’t display as being on (they don’t go orange).

All of the above on iPhone 6S Plus iOS11

• randomiser... volt... 15$... just dropped over $100 on amazon for a bloody bedside keyboard/mouse tray and new headphone pads... but... randomiser.. volt... au.

Somebody push me off the fence with a randomiser video or something and I will sell a kidney.

• @Carnbot said:
    great update, thanks :)
    Randomiser is very useful. One of the most advanced synth randomisers I've seen.

GROAN... must... musss..t

• How is everyone doing with their presets? I've created a few, but will try and make some more before the end of the month.

I don't think it's possible to create user banks in Volt yet, so the import/export process is going to be a challenge. Any chance of an update to facilitate this @ka010 ?

Here's what would be really cool from a user point of view:

Ability to create new banks
    Ability to import and export entire banks

• edited June 2018

@richardyot said:
    How is everyone doing with their presets? I've created a few, but will try and make some more before the end of the month.

I don't think it's possible to create user banks in Volt yet, so the import/export process is going to be a challenge. Any chance of an update to facilitate this @ka010 ?

Here's what would be really cool from a user point of view:

Ability to create new banks
    Ability to import and export entire banks

Hi Richard

I’ve got quite a lot I can donate. I’ve been making quite a few (mostly atmospheric MPE pads and some MPE arps).

Seems like the best way to get at them is to pull them out from iCloud (using files or using my Mac - assuming that can see the folder, which I’ll need to check).

Do I zip them up and send them to you?

Oh by the way, I’ve put ‘MF2K’ at the end of them. Hope that’s allowed!

• I’ve got mine ready. Probably more than necessary. Just let us know when it’s time for launch.

• Have pads. Will ship this weekend.

• Ok I’m having an issue that’s delaying me exporting my presets. I’m trying to adjust and rename them and am discovering that some do not change when I select them. For instance, I’ll select a patch, play it, then select another and play it, then the third will sound like the second. I’ll go to a factory preset and it will work, then select another user preset and it will sound like the last user preset I selected, not the one I currently selected. Confusing, I know. But basically it doesn’t always load the selected user preset, which is causing me A LOT of confusion. I thought I was saving them incorrectly. Any ideas @ka010? I remember seeing people not able to load presets at all, but is anyone else having this particular issue?

• Also, I cannot for the life of me delete a preset. They ALWAYS come back.

• Alright. This was a pain in the ass. Honestly I think the iCloud on this is broken. @ka010 I’ll send an email soon. After much stress, here is my contribution: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dv5qisxcrpcb673/AABU80B4UFwXP9rGliOdg65na?dl=0

• Just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions, I will be collecting everything together this week.

• @DCJ said:
    Also, I cannot for the life of me delete a preset. They ALWAYS come back.

Yep. I experienced both those issues.

• Deleted presets don’t get deleted. They seem to come back. I even went externally to the iCloud folder and deleted various user presets but when you relaunch Volt they reappear.

• I also got the thing where moving between user presets doesn’t always actually change the preset you’re hearing. I think this only happens when you’ve just tried to delete presets. So the two issues might be related.

• OK I've collected the presets from @Matt_Fletcher_2000 @david_2017 @DCJ @gusgranite and myself and they can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0622vz70afmvn7/volt.zip?dl=0

However whenever I try and import them into Volt the import says "Presets succesfully imported" but no new presets actually appear in the app. The process I'm using is to locate the Presets in Dropbox using the Files app, doing a "Select All", tapping "Share" and then "Open In" to send them to Volt.

If anyone else succeeds in importing them please let me know how, in the meantime maybe @ka010 can advise?

• Well, Ok, you can actually import them one-by-one, but there's no way I'm doing that with 133 presets.

• @richardyot said:
    Well, Ok, you can actually import them one-by-one, but there's no way I'm doing that with 133 presets.

I was worried about that. :(

• I've had equal problems trying to import, so will wait for a bugfix. Looking forward to checking them out :)

• I managed to load one preset it sounded good. Something about bells or something, but yeah I don’t want to manually load them all. I’ll probably select a few to mess with.

• Thanks for doing this! I look forward to checking them out and hopefully contributing to future efforts.

• If you have the Volt folder exposed on iCloud on your Mac then it’s very easy, I’m sure. Just move them all into that folder.

But you need a Mac for that.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    If you have the Volt folder exposed on iCloud on your Mac then it’s very easy, I’m sure. Just move them all into that folder.

But you need a Mac for that.

Well that's no good for those of us who don't have a Mac. :)

What I don't understand is why we can't just copy the presets into the Volt Folder using the Files app on the iPad - but it doesn't seem possible. Maybe it's just a case of the dev setting the right permissions for Files access? Because I can copy files into the Auria folder using Files with no issue for example.

Anyway I have to say that this has been a massive disappointment, but I'm hoping @ka010 will chime in with either an explanation of how to do this, or a fix for the issue.

• I was able to get them in with Filza, but had to copy them into the Factory Presets folder in the Volt app bundle rather than the Documents folder that houses the user presets; otherwise they wouldn't show up. (Filza needs a jailbreak, so this is no direct help to most people, but the behaviour may give a clue to what's going wrong.)

• This really is a big disappointment. Was so excited for this one.

• Big thanks to everyone for these! Tremendous stuff from all contribs. So much lovely slidey aftertouchy MPE goodness; can't keep my fingers off @Matt_Fletcher_2000's Strings Delux pair, and whoever did Mozart's Ghost and In Dreams has caused my entire living room to honk of coconut oil.