Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Axon 2

13»

Comments

• @david_2017 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    +3 for random. And +1 for state saving - I get fed up with the horrible init patch every time I load.

This!
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

@david_2017 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    +3 for random. And +1 for state saving - I get fed up with the horrible init patch every time I load.

This!
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

That ! ^^^

It’s a very nifty app but not very intuitive, for me at least. Bit of an arduous & fiddly ( esp as a shrunken AU ) process to get viable original sounds or patterns. Never quite fully grasped its ‘neural network’ aspect in terms of the ‘nodes’ thresholds etc. Far easier, arguably far lazier, to manipulate something of your own out of one of the excellent presets, so I’m all for a bit of random factor weaving its way. All that said, I’m pretty rubbish with manuals & the reading thereof. Was hoping Axon would replace that lost stochastic drum app from yesteryear ( can’t recall the actual name, was it just ‘Stochastic’ ? ), which did a very nice line in random riddims. Not meaning to denigrate Axon as it’s got a lot going for it, I can near endlessly fiddle with the presets thru a bit of verb & delay :) but it does feel like it could do with an extra featurette or two.

• Random would be the most amazing feature of all in this app.
    I am unable to get some cool sounds out of it, but sequencing other synths is quite fun.
    And Programming the sequencer is not that intuitive, but I cant help I somehow love axon :)

• Yeah I think random connections on the neural network would be useful and a full scaled up view of the network without the audio parts would be great too as I find it a bit fiddly in use. Definitely much better now though :)

• @Jumpercollins said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

@MonzoPro said:

@_ki said:
    I justed tested Axon 2 Midi to Ruismaker in AUM.

• Setup Ruismaker to receive from Axon 2 select a drumset with destinct sounds
    • Then in Axon 2 i choose a busy preset firing all nodes (Isometric Cube Beat)
    • Bring down the main mixer so that you can hear Ruismaker
    • Now for each node, select a ‚black #‘ pitch from C2# to F3# by swipeing the pitch knob
    • For better control you can temporary set the active Axon channel you want to tune to Solo in the Axon2 mixer - then you only hear the current node beeing played.

I got all 7 nodes to send notes, but i would not use node 0 as it is firing all 16 without rythm.
    Saving/Reloading this AUM session worked without problems.

Axon still seems to have a bug in its internal preset system - sometimes i get crashes as soon as i press the save button in the user peset folder - probably should file a bug report.

Thanks for the explanation, but I still can't get this to work, I just get one drum triggered in RM, and that pitch dial is a nightmare.

I think I'll leave this until they come up with a template or summat.

I bet you’re down in the C#-2 notes rather than the C#2 notes a few octaves up?

But yes, it is fiddly so save an init preset once you’ve got it setup.

I’m on a lunch break so here’s the AUM preset. Axon INIT preset mapped to Ruis and Ruis FM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gkz38mdqo2355s/INIT AXON RUISMAKER.aumproj?dl=0

@gusgranite Thanks for the preset tried it still no sound in AUM on hitting the play button.

I tried the AB3 presets loaded and the both work so still thinking it could be AUM update at fault on my iPad 9.7

It’s an initialized patch so there is no sound until you create some connections and start to build up your own patch.

• edited September 2019

I just got Axon on sale today and it's friggin' great. However, when I make a preset in the standalone and then open it in AUM, it sounds different. Especially the kick. Anyone experience anything like this? I reloaded AUM and the patch and it was all good, but this is a bit concerning given it's the first time I've used it.

• YEaH I have never figured this app out. I friggin love it and muck with the thing but there is a big key I know im missing. Hails to cyber tech robocop drums.

• I have not tried in AUM beielive it or not. Its so complex and I just want one screen to comprehend with the bottom 2 xy pads.

• Awesome. The more multi out the merrier.