Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad as camera/reface cp ambient jam

I mounted my iPad Pro above my keyboard to use as my camera. My reface cp is going to a scarlet interface, which is connected to my iPad Pro 10.5 via usb hub and a cck. The audio is straight from the scarlet with no processing.

Comments

• That’s beautiful! All sounds from the Reface?

• Cool stuff :) I've been resisting the urge for a reface for quite a while, this does nothing towards helping me to keep resisting :D

• @Hmtx said:
    That’s beautiful! All sounds from the Reface?

Thanks! Yes, all straight from reface. Using delay and reverb heavily.

@AndyPlankton said:
    Cool stuff :) I've been resisting the urge for a reface for quite a while, this does nothing towards helping me to keep resisting :D

Yeah, I wanted one for a long time. It’s great for noodling/couch practicing. The effects are wonderful to have built in.
    Now I have it bad for the op-1 and perhaps the op-z too.

• I’ve been resisting the urge to get rid of my Reface CP, but the temptation is now too strong. I just have to quit being lazy and figure out how much it’s going to cost to ship, so I can get it on eBay. It sounds amazing, I just can’t do mini-keys.

• DAMN, that was nice! I have all the refaces and was maybe considering selling the DX and the CP but maybe I gotta rethink that plan.

• Nicely done, have you tried the hidden acoustic piano mode?

• @zeroeseight said:
    Nicely done, have you tried the hidden acoustic piano mode?

Yes! I didn’t believe it till I tried it! I just wish they’d make it a regular option instead of the toy piano.

• @ion677 said:

@zeroeseight said:

Yes! I didn’t believe it till I tried it! I just wish they’d make it a regular option instead of the toy piano.

I saw one on eBay that claimed it was modified to replace the toy piano selector with the secret piano patch. Not sure how to do that. I’m still selling mine.

• @DMan said:

@ion677 said:

@zeroeseight said:

I saw one on eBay that claimed it was modified to replace the toy piano selector with the secret piano patch. Not sure how to do that. I’m still selling mine.

how much are you selling yours for?.... I'm contemplating removing the keys from mine, so it's basically just a reface stick...keeping the speakers. Same thing I had done on this microkorg.

• @kobamoto I’m going to try to get $250-280 USD for it somewhere around there. Seems a bit steep, but if I’m patient I’ve seen them sell for that. I do have the silly keytar conversion kit. I might even just wait until they discontinue them to sell it as it doesn’t take up that much space. Good job on the micro-Korg. Those are the worst keys I’ve felt in my life. It’s actually useful now! I wish I were good with electronics, but I’ve at least cleaned my share of keyboard contacts to fix bad keys. I’d love to do the same key removal to my Bass Station 2 (I need more than 25 keys so they just get in the way). Too bad the func+keys do some of the extra functions though. There is a guy called Marcus Fuller on YouTube that breaks down a couple reface models if you want to take a look inside before opening it. .

• edited June 2018

oh I didn't do it I would have messed it all up lol, I had somebody who knows what they're doing do it.
    I still have the keys and the wheels too and they still work if I take off one of the sides and connect them.

usually used refaces goes for more than you're asking on reverb, I ocassionally put mine up for sale but only here, had it up for 200 once.. it's crazy how good it sounds though. I'm currently running it through 6 pedals and you can make it sound like anything

• Sounds really great. Without the video, I would have thought I was listening to some ambient guitar. And I love ambient guitar.

• The Refaces are really nice and above all playable. I will buy the YC for its sounds and playability:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YbDywIyOYb8

• @bert said:
    The Refaces are really nice and above all playable. I will buy the YC for its sounds and playability:

The YC is, IMO, the best Reface of the series. Fantastic sounds and hours of tweakable fun. I even like taking out all the drawbars and just selecting the percussion tab with some drive and reverb, maybe some vibrato — sounds very synth-y! Check out the Dr Mix demos on YouTube for more examples!

• @zeroeseight said:

How do you find it then?

• edited June 2018

Position the mode selector between pianos so that none are selected and then switch it on and it boots with the acoustic.

I find it easier to move the switch when it is switched on and judge how much to move it before it switches to the next mode. Then switch off and back on.

• edited June 2018

@aquasloth said:

@bert said:
    The Refaces are really nice and above all playable. I will buy the YC for its sounds and playability:

The YC is, IMO, the best Reface of the series. Fantastic sounds and hours of tweakable fun. I even like taking out all the drawbars and just selecting the percussion tab with some drive and reverb, maybe some vibrato — sounds very synth-y! Check out the Dr Mix demos on YouTube for more examples!

The YC is the one I keep drooling over :D