Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fugue Machine, KQ Dixie, Digitakt, Yamaha DX7-IID

edited May 2018 in Creations

Thanks to some help from members of the forum I was finally able to send patches to my DX7.
This was the result.
Step 1. Send patches from KQ Dixie to Yamaha via bluetooth using the Quicco Sound MI.1
Step 2. Sent 4 Fugue Machine tracks to the Yamaha.
Step 3. Recorded 2 patches and 4 tracks to Digitakt
Step 4. Added a drum loop
Step 5. Sampled scene from (youtube) movie on ipad to Digitakt
Step 6. Added guitar sample.

Recorded the outs of Digitakt after rough sequencing to Ableton Live and did some rearranging and mixing in there.
Would appreciate any feedback as I am traditionally not an electronic musician and feel that I still don't have the timing of electronic music figured out yet.

Thanks.

Comments

• I love this. Impressed at how you've gathered all these disparate elements. And how are you feeding the digitakt into Live? Just as two channels of audio in?

And is that "Sling Blade"??

Aces.

• edited May 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I love this. Impressed at how you've gathered all these disparate elements. And how are you feeding the digitakt into Live? Just as two channels of audio in?

And is that "Sling Blade"??

Aces.

Yeah, I am syncing Digitakt from Live and then recording them in a channel at a time. It doesn't take long as I just need to grab the loops, not the full song. I am still so impressed with Fugue Machine after a few years with it. So many apps live on my ipad for a month or two, but Fugue Machine has never left. Up there with Patterning, Samplr, Rozeta, Elastic Drums for me.

As for the sample... Mmm Hmmn.