Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Radio - new album from Doug Woods and Colin Powell (plus special guests!)

Radio is the new album from Doug Woods and Colin Powell.

This album is a little different to our usual offerings (and not just because it has a shorter title!).

Not only does it feature a more varied selection of musical styles but it also features fellow musician Dave Lionelli (aka DaveyPoo) and Doug's wife, Jo on some tracks.

It celebrates the wonderful world of Radio, from the very early days to the 22nd Century and beyond!

This was a fun album to make and shows that we try not to take ourselves too seriously.

We hope you like it and spread the word! :)

https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/album/radio

Comments

• 22nd century and beyond - that's my line! :dizzy:

Can't wait to spin the finished product later tonight.

• edited May 2018

I’ve wanted you guys to include some vocal/ spoken content for ages. And with Davey adding his contribution, it’s like the band coming together!

An early favourite is the soaring menace of Transmission, giving way to a more uplifting second half, with that clever Witcheta Lineman-esq, bit.

The adverts and jingles bring to mind the exhuberant fun of The Who, when they did something along those lines, way back in the distant day. A Word From Our Sponsors was so funny. And Now The News....Mrs Enid Coli. :D

Love Hurtz and Superhet zoooooom. Doug doing his thing with cut glass precision, and great FX.

London Calling is worthy of laterday Floyd or Alan Parsons.

But by far my favourite is the fantastic Blue Dial. Tony Joe White would be proud of that lead guitar, and the bass line bubbles along like secret sauce. :)

• Wow! Thank you Mr @Zen210507 😀

• @Daveypoo said:
    22nd century and beyond - that's my line! :dizzy:

Can't wait to spin the finished product later tonight.

😄

• edited May 2018

Has mustism struck the forum? Nearly one hundred and fifty views, and only me bothering to comment on this terrific work.

• Maybe everyone except you has been struck speechless @Zen210507 😉

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Maybe everyone except you has been struck speechless @Zen210507 😉

>

All playing catch-up, more like. :)

• I'm still working my way through it - 3 more tracks to go!

• @Daveypoo guess who’s going mad next😉

• edited May 2018

B)

• Very nice!

• Ok - I've finally given the full thing a couple of solid listens. In spite of my contributions I think this is the best stuff you guys have put out. I particularly like Transmission, Superhet, and The Final Broadcast. Jo was cracking me up "If you want to take advantage of Sally's deals..." I kept expecting the news report to go "...and now over to Brian with the weather... "

Great stuff gentlemen! I appreciate being invited to add my meager bits to your masterpiece. Can't wait for the next one!

• This thread fascinates me. So far, there are nearly 250 views, yet only two people not directly involved have commented. I just don’t get it.

• @Zen210507 said:
    This thread fascinates me. So far, there are nearly 250 views, yet only two people not directly involved have commented. I just don’t get it.

They're all too enraptured in binaural ecstasy to reply.

• @Daveypoo said:
    They're all too enraptured in binaural ecstasy to reply.

>

Isn’t that illegal, under Patriot Act II. :D

• edited May 2018

I really like the musical bandwidth of this album. Any track is listenable, love the jingles too!
    It reminds me on the Spliff Radioshow. The German Band Spliff released that in the 80s. A great album like yours!

As a guitarist and iPad musician I love this fusion of nice playing guitar and electronic!
    @AlterEgo_UK May i can ask you is this a completely an iPad production as you done at previous albums?

Thanks a lot for sharing your music with us. I enjoyed listening your music! 👍

• @chandroji said:
    I really like the musical bandwidth of this album. Any track is listenable, love the jingles too!
    It reminds me on the Spliff Radioshow. The German Band Spliff released that in the 80s. A great album like yours!

As a guitarist and iPad musician I love this fusion of nice playing guitar and electronic!
    @AlterEgo_UK May i can ask you is this a completely an iPad production as you done at previous albums?

Thanks a lot for sharing your music with us. I enjoyed listening your music! 👍

Thank you @chandroji :smiley:
    All my contributions are certainly via iPad (various synths, drums mainly from Cubasis with bass and guitar through Jamup and Tonestack and some Tonebridge).
    All is mixed in Cubasis but mastered by Doug in T-Racks and Doug also uses Reason for recording some of his stuff as well as iPad.

• edited May 2018

@AlterEgo_UK
    Thank you Colin for mentioning it. I love the idea that my iPad can be my main device for electronic music and recording. When I see what you and Doug can produce with it I can imagine that I don’t need my big desktop system with all that expensive equipment connected to make beautiful music.

Nice work you have done with Doug! Congratulations! 😎🎶👍

• @chandroji said:
    @AlterEgo_UK
    Thank you Colin for mentioning it. I love the idea that my iPad can be my main device for electronic music and recording. When I see what you and Doug can produce with it I can imagine that I don’t need my big desktop system with all that expensive equipment connected to make beautiful music.

Nice work you have done with Doug! Congratulations! 😎🎶👍

Yes, I love using the iPad and I never use my PC for recording music nowadays. Hoping Apple will do musicians a favour with a new iPad Pro later this year :smile:

• Colin - what iPad are you currently working with?

• Now almost three and a half hundred views, and just three people commenting who aren’t on the recordings. All those people, missing out on their FREE copies for an honest review....

.... only joking. :D

• @Daveypoo said:
    Colin - what iPad are you currently working with?

I use an iPad Air 2 128Gb so not desperate yet but interested to see what is to come 😀

• edited May 2018

I love this! Of course I love all of Doug and Colin’s stuff but this is even mo’ better for some reason...I guess because it’s a full concept and y’all went all-in...well, and I love radio. Jo’s voice, all the instruments, everything fits perfectly together.

All involved should be proud of their efforts on this one.

• Thanks @TozBourne . Glad you liked the variety on the album :smile:

• I haven’t even listened to it yet and you’ve already tickled me pink with just the title “Love Hertz”. Hahaha, you guys!!! :D