Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bassalicious on sale

The in app unlock seems to be on sale for $5 instead of normal $19.99. Just got it and its awesome sounding. Highly recommend if you dont have. Its AU also

Comments

• Just picked it up also been waiting on this one to drop for a while nice discount.

• edited May 2018

Yeah lovely sound. I do find it is in need of an update. I’ve had the sound stick on 3 times now in as many days. Once in AUM, Cubasis and BM3. As I said, lovely sounds, but seems a tad unstable at this time. Hope it just needs some TLC :)

Will add it’s worth a fiver just for fun and sampling!

• edited May 2018

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    The in app unlock seems to be on sale for $5 instead of normal $19.99. Just got it and its awesome sounding. Highly recommend if you dont have. Its AU also

>

Thanks, RSL. Just grabbed this at bargain rate, :)

One thing to note, at least in UK App Store, is that the price for the IAP is still showing as $19 sonething or other, but tapping buy shows we are actually paying £4.99.

• edited May 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yeah lovely sound. I do find it is in need of an update. I’ve had the sound stick on 3 times now in as many days. Once in AUM, Cubasis and BM3. As I said, lovely sounds, but seems a tad unstable at this time. Hope it just needs some TLC :)

Will add it’s worth a fiver just for fun and sampling!

Agreed it’s just crashed on me twice inside AUM trying to use FAC ENVOLVER to drive the filter cutoff which is a shame.

• DCJDCJ
    edited May 2018

Yeah this baby sounds great, but you cannot do anything automated with the paramaters without it crashing. Haven’t touched it since model d came along but it’s a really good synth especially at this price.

• @Zen210507 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

>

One thing to note, at least in UK App Store, is that the price for the IAP is still showing as $19 sonething or other, but tapping buy shows we are actually paying £4.99.

Same thing in the US (pricing issue). Have only used as stand alone so no crashes yet. Am I missing it or is the current preset name not displayed anywhere?

• @Ben said:

@Zen210507 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

>

Same thing in the US (pricing issue). Have only used as stand alone so no crashes yet. Am I missing it or is the current preset name not displayed anywhere?

Yes I noticed that, doesn’t even highlight the preset name in the selection screen either

• Yes, nice sound this has can but confirm crashing on automation, anyone contacted the devs?

• edited May 2018

Just wasted 4.99 on the iap. Ipad 10.5 latest iOS and it crashes after selecting two or three presets in standalone mode. Deleted and reinstalled but no change. I have never refunded an app so am unsure if there is a way to refund an iap?

• @GospelMusicians. Care to weigh in on the crashes and absence of preset names?

• Hey guys....we've checked this out and unfortunately it works on our end. We hate these kind of bugs, but we will take care of it. Just to give you an insight: All AUv3 hosting platforms are not made alike. AUM does something different from AB, and from Beat Maker. There is not standard, so it makes it hard for the developers to narrow in on errors. I will say that the guys at Audiobus here and AUM are very responsive to developers though....

So as it stands you guys are having issues with:
    1. The preset name not showing
    2. Automation
    3. Crashing...

I can address some of the crashing...Apple limits AUv3 to a total of 350MB. So if you are trying to load several instances of high RAM plugins at the same time, you won't get a warning from Apple. You will get a crash. AUv3 penalizes apps like ours that use a bit more resources. So try to use the app without other stuff to see if it crashes.

Also there is a minimum device limit as well. If you are on an older device, then crashes are more prone. We are on an iPad Pro now and no crashes for us.

• @GospelMusicians Any change that your sales will last until wednesday evening? ;-)

• @GospelMusicians thanks so much for popping in! Does automation work for you in AUM? Do you happen to have any of the Rozeta AU midi plugins to test routing to BASSalicious in AUM? I have a feeling a lot of us are using them to adjust parameters. Either way, even if I try to map a parameter with an external controller, it crashes.

Also, while you’re here, is there any chance we’d be able to see the preset we’ve selected somewhere on the screen? Every time I’ve come back to a session and loved the preset I picked, I have no way of finding out what it is!

• edited May 2018

@GospelMusicians said:
    Hey guys....we've checked this out and unfortunately it works on our end. We hate these kind of bugs, but we will take care of it. Just to give you an insight: All AUv3 hosting platforms are not made alike. AUM does something different from AB, and from Beat Maker. There is not standard, so it makes it hard for the developers to narrow in on errors. I will say that the guys at Audiobus here and AUM are very responsive to developers though....

So as it stands you guys are having issues with:
    1. The preset name not showing
    2. Automation
    3. Crashing...

I can address some of the crashing...Apple limits AUv3 to a total of 350MB. So if you are trying to load several instances of high RAM plugins at the same time, you won't get a warning from Apple. You will get a crash. AUv3 penalizes apps like ours that use a bit more resources. So try to use the app without other stuff to see if it crashes.

Also there is a minimum device limit as well. If you are on an older device, then crashes are more prone. We are on an iPad Pro now and no crashes for us.

Hi, thanks for checking it out. It's crashing instantly for me if you automate the parameters via midi in AUM. e.g using Rozeta LFO. On it's own with no other apps running.

I've tested in another host too and it does the same thing.

I'm on iPad pro 2017 12.9 iOS 11.3.1

• I can't share a lot now, but we are in the final stages of finalizing our own GM synthesis architecture and BASSalicious V2 is in the works, so please hold tight a little while until it's released ;-)

In the meantime, please send use crash reports if possible. This will help out tremendously.

To obtain crash logs directly from your iOS device, see the following:

1. Open the Settings app
    2. Select Privacy
    3. Select Analytics
    4. Select Analytics Data
    5. Locate any logs that are named BASSalicious (listed in alphabetical order)
    6. Open the most recent crash log for the App and Copy all of the data
    7. E-mail us the Crash Log to [email protected].
  • @GospelMusicians said:
    I can't share a lot now, but we are in the final stages of finalizing our own GM synthesis architecture and BASSalicious V2 is in the works, so please hold tight a little while until it's released ;-)

In the meantime, please send use crash reports if possible. This will help out tremendously.

To obtain crash logs directly from your iOS device, see the following:

1. Open the Settings app
    2. Select Privacy
    3. Select Analytics
    4. Select Analytics Data
    5. Locate any logs that are named BASSalicious (listed in alphabetical order)
    6. Open the most recent crash log for the App and Copy all of the data
    7. E-mail us the Crash Log to [email protected].

Just sent 2 reports now, iPad Pro 9.7.both times crashed on automation inside AUM using FAC ENVOLVER to send CC to filter.

• I'm sharing crashes with developers automatically, so hopefully you're getting mine :)

• edited May 2018

@Keebo said:
    Just wasted 4.99 on the iap. Ipad 10.5 latest iOS and it crashes after selecting two or three presets in standalone mode. Deleted and reinstalled but no change. I have never refunded an app so am unsure if there is a way to refund an iap?

Yes, you can refund IAP at reportaproblem.apple.com

You might have to give it a day to show up, but it’s usually instant.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Keebo said:

Yes, you can refund IAP at reportaproblem.apple.com

You might have to give it a day to show up, but it’s usually instant.

Thank you for that information.

• Thanks for showing up @GospelMusicians. Glad to know that you’re on it. I am loving this app.

• @Ben said:
    Thanks for showing up @GospelMusicians. Glad to know that you’re on it. I am loving this app.

+1

• @GospelMusicians said:
    I can't share a lot now, but we are in the final stages of finalizing our own GM synthesis architecture and BASSalicious V2 is in the works, so please hold tight a little while until it's released ;-)

Is it going to be a free update or a paid new app?
    If the former, I might buy it now, if the latter, not ;-)

• This app is outstanding, sounds great.

• Got the crash reports! Thanks for the updates.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Got the crash reports! Thanks for the updates.

No problem hope you can fix the bugs as the app is great sounding.

• @GospelMusicians said:

Will this be a brand new new app or an 'update' to the existing app?

• @Samu Here is what we are thinking out-loud. Why not have one synth for everything. Our new architecture is sample, analog waveforms, and wavetable synthesis. In theory, the only thing with a synth that ever really changes is the GUI and the waveforms. What about one synth and you choose between the different waveforms, or synthesis that you want. The question is if people are really that nostalgic about having a different GUI?

With that being said, we are finishing our Pure Synth "system" architecture where a user can choose from the samples, synthesis, or sounds they want from one synth. So we would offer a very generous crossgrade for people who owned BASSalicious to the new system. You will be able to load and unload the samples or sounds you don't want using the Download Content architecture of iOS.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    The question is if people are really that nostalgic about having a different GUI?

For me personally keep the UI 'clean' without trying to mimic real hardware.
    Keep the relevant controllers for the selected synthesis method visible.
    Try to 'group' elements (LFOs, Envelope's etc.) and 'switch' between them.
    (For example if a 'model' has multiple LFO's show one at a time and 'tab/switch' on demand to the others).

Instead of cramming many small controllers to the screen keep the UI elements larger.
    It's easy to get tempted on cramming 'everything' on one screen but that sacrifices usability/visibility.

With that being said, we are finishing our Pure Synth "system" architecture where a user can choose from the samples, synthesis, or sounds they want from one synth.

Combining/Layering multiple synthesis methods would put it over the top :)

So we would offer a very generous crossgrade for people who owned BASSalicious to the new system. You will be able to load and unload the samples or sounds you don't want using the Download Content architecture of iOS.

+1 That's cool, starting with a clean slate so to speak :)

• @Samu You mean something Clean like this:

• @GospelMusicians said:
    @Samu You mean something Clean like this:

Looking good :)