Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Orbital on the box in UK tonight

Head's up for anyone who is interested....In the UK it is Radio1's Biggest weekend festival....tonight Orbital are playing live, it will be shown in the UK on BBC4....
I wonder if those iPad's seen in the recent videos will be present ?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's also going to be streamed here https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/efj3v2
    21:00 BST

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Head's up for anyone who is interested....In the UK it is Radio1's Biggest weekend festival....tonight Orbital are playing live, it will be shown in the UK on BBC4....
    I wonder if those iPad's seen in the recent videos will be present ?

I doubt it .. that session was about 6 years ago.
    Thanks for the heads up Andy.

• Orbital from Belfast Titanic Slipway tonight, tomorrow night is Underworld live from Belfast. All on BBC4. Brilliant

• edited May 2018

It's actually running for 4 days.....Beck, Selecter, UB40 even Billy Ocean is there for those that way inclined ;)
    Full list of artists and when they are playing can be found here
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/efj3v2/artists/by/a-z

• @gsm909 said:
    Orbital from Belfast Titanic Slipway tonight, tomorrow night is Underworld live from Belfast. All on BBC4. Brilliant

Yeah, looking forward to Underworld too :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    It's actually running for 4 days.....Beck, Selecter, UB40 even Billy Ocean is there for those that way inclined ;)
    Full list of artists and when they are playing can be found here
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/efj3v2/artists/by/a-z

Awesome! Thanks for this.

Hopefully Villa will win playoffs on Saturday, BBC dish the pop by showing the CHVRCHES set https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/efj3v2/acts/a88gmb , the Champions League final delivers goals and then catch the Headliners on BBC4.

That’ll be my perfect Saturday. Fingers crossed!

• edited May 2018

Poster...

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Poster...

Good find......Rooting for the Reds on Saturday night !

• Recorded it last night on the new Humax Freesat box, watching it now for late breakfast. Very very good camera work and vision mixing, I must say.

• Cheers for the heads up. Recording all of it and will hopefully get to watch it soon!

• edited May 2018

I like Orbital, but I found the gig a bit meh. I think I’ve made more interesting beats sitting in my armchair, playing about on my iPad in an AUM jam. As for what you can do in Reaktor and Reason these days....

Bit too basic for my kidneys.

Unpopular view I know, but my electronic ears have been seduced by the likes of Shpongle and FSOL.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I like Orbital, but I found the gig a bit meh. I think I’ve made more interesting beats sitting in my armchair, playing about on my iPad in an AUM jam. As for what you can do in Reaktor and Reason these days....

ooh, i can't resist...
    new stuff isn't as good. even the best dry up eventually. but if you're knocking out a chime or a halcyon every eve on whatever, i'm sure people would like to hear those :wink:

• Wasn’t that impressed with Beck

Underworld will be super as usual tonight

• @mrcanister said:

@MonzoPro said:

ooh, i can't resist...
    new stuff isn't as good. even the best dry up eventually. but if you're knocking out a chime or a halcyon every eve on whatever, i'm sure people would like to hear those :wink:

Oh yeah, it’s good to see they’re still at it.

• seeing Orbital in December with some friends, but am prepared not to be blown away, but should still be fun :)

• encenc
    edited May 2018

Guess its a testament to the brilliance of Orbitals catalogue when they can OPEN their set with Lush.. jeez ! this track would be a closing anthem for most bands gigs B) sadly, for me it was all downhill after this .. boring camera work and mediocre visuals.. Paul Hartnoll looked board out of his mind :|

• edited May 2018

Is there a video of this performance anywhere?
    Never mind - some of it on YouTube

• I found Orbital quite tame too, They were obviously having problems with the sound on the BassStation....I was watching the sound guy trying to sort it more than the performance at the time :D Wonder how much was missing from the tracks because of that ? With it being top centre I would expect it to feature quite heavily....
    It was kinda cool seeing the TB303 alongside the Peak too....
    As yet I've not managed to catch up with any of the other performances.

• edited May 2018

The BBC site has clips and full sets of the acts, I had to use a VPN to view them from Canada.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/efj3v2

haha their player volume goes up to 11.

edit: Im having hit or miss access even with the VPN.

• Underworld sounded pretty awesome....BUT...It did look like they just had a big mixing console on stage, no synths etc...were they just playing tracks back in a DAW ?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Underworld sounded pretty awesome....BUT...It did look like they just had a big mixing console on stage, no synths etc...were they just playing tracks back in a DAW ?

One of my pet hates with electronic bands is when they do this. Watching a couple of blokes standing behind a desk is dull enough, without knowing they’re effectively playing a backing track. I didn’t see the Underworld gig so not commenting on that one, but seen lots of band gigs where they do this.