Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kronecker Clockwork Synthesizer │ iceWorks App Craft - haQ attaQ 285

Is it iceGear or is it iceWorks? Either way Satoshi ( developer ) has done it again with Kronecker, a Clockwork Synthesizer. As with all iceGear um iceWorks synths this one has a great sound to it and I find this one to be quite unique, thanks to the added Particle trigger sequencer thingy. The interface is full of knobs and can be a bit daunting at a first glance. However once every module and modulation source has been identified, its easy to get going creating patches from scratch. In this video we are popping up the hood on this clockwork synth, having a look at what makes Kronecker go tick tock (yes yes, my puns are lame)

haqattaq

Comments

• Great job as usual @jakoB_haQ . osewa ni natte orimasu

• Did you create an init patch? Like to share it? Seems like you have a nice stripped down init setup at around 8:10 into the video where you talk about FM capability... :)

• Fascinating. Bought.

• @jakoB_haQ your videos are top class!! Always learn from them and they are a pleasure to watch. Nice work.

• @jakoB_haQ that was one of your most entertaining videos yet i think. You have become a master at demoing, reviewing and entertaining all in a quick 5 mins or so.

Great work, hope you keep it up. High ten for you.

• edited May 2018

Excellent video. But I’m still thinking about this one. Because like Twitter, there are a lot of knobs. :) Or in phonetic Japanese, __wakarri masen_

However, I am weakening by the moment, ;) This is a synth with difference, and all the connectivity anyone could want. Plus, an attractive price.

• @Moderndaycompiler If you press the ‚new‘ icon in the preset manager, you‘ll get an init patch

• Sold it to me especially when it got more diverse from the bell-like stuff.

I like quirky and deep, the dev gets my $ happily, Apple’s cut less so.

I like the relatively new cutaways in the vids btw, breaks them up nicely.

Is it safe to approach your sound system yet?

• Buy button pushed. :*

• It’s quite nice to program :)

• @Zen210507 said:
    Buy button pushed. :*

I'm still hovering, but the delay/filter effect in that vid has got me a bit closer to the button...love the sound of that.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I'm still hovering, but the delay/filter effect in that vid has got me a bit closer to the button...love the sound of that.

>

Just faffing about with this shows me it has that extra something that made it worth adding. The delay is sensitive, versatile and great fun.

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Did you create an init patch? Like to share it? Seems like you have a nice stripped down init setup at around 8:10 into the video where you talk about FM capability... :)

Yes I’m using the built in init function in the preset manager. You can see it at 4:08 and forward.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

That’s what I love about Satoshi’s apps. So if you’re into that disto/delay then you might want to check out Laplace, Laurentz, Mersenne and Redshrike too (if you haven’t already). They all pack the same type of delay module.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Is it safe to approach your sound system yet?

Yes, you may approach ... slowly

• one of the most interesting synths released recently :)

• @u0421793 said:

oh dear, that movie ...

A friend tricked me into watching it when I was about 10 ... what was Stanley thinking?

• @gusgranite @Zen210507 @Redo1 @Moderndaycompiler Thank you all for the praise. I always try to better my content with every video. I’m happy that you enjoy the result so much! :blush:

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Just faffing about with this shows me it has that extra something that made it worth adding. The delay is sensitive, versatile and great fun.

I think the only thing putting me off is the plucked/bell type synth engine, which is why I didn't buy Mersenne. I tend to go for warmer sounding synths, but there's a lot to love about this one.

@jakoB_haQ said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

That’s what I love about Satoshi’s apps. So if you’re into that disto/delay then you might want to check out Laplace, Laurentz, Mersenne and Redshrike too (if you haven’t already). They all pack the same type of delay module.

Yeah I've got Laplace and Laurentz, and the delay is what I really like about Laurentz. One of my favourite iOS synths actually.

Kronecker looks like a little version of LayR with it's four synth pages, and seems capable of creating really good evolving patches.

I'm tending to go for smaller CPU AU synths these days, so this one ticks those boxes too. It's definitely on the list!

• @Carnbot said:
    one of the most interesting synths released recently :)

Easily the most enjoyable app I've purchased in a while. But I'm a sucker for unique stuff, especially tuned percussion that morphs into squelchy feedback sounds. I'm not big into programming synths but I spent two hours tinkering with this one last night. Jakob's video helped turn on a couple of light bulbs. Good one!

• Thanks for the “close encounter “
    Definitely looks and sounds spectacular

• Excellent demo! Gave me all the info I needed to make a buying decision, and explained all of the functions clearly so that I’ll be able to dive right in. Was hesitant about this one due to the amount of synths I already have, but your video helped me toward a buy.

This seems similar to LayR was with its arp/sequencer thingy, but with only 4 layers to work with, and a little more accessible. I’m happy to have both for LayR’s complexity and depth, but this one looks to be easier to dive into. I’ve also warmed ;) to this dev’s icy sound over the last couple years, especially as a source for more effects.

Will pick this up later today from your link and thanks for the great demo.

• It would be useful to be able to copy/paste "layers" from one preset to another.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    It would be useful to be able to copy/paste "layers" from one preset to another.

Yeah I second that. It would be a really useful function to have.

• @skiphunt said:
    Excellent demo! Gave me all the info I needed to make a buying decision, and explained all of the functions clearly so that I’ll be able to dive right in. Was hesitant about this one due to the amount of synths I already have, but your video helped me toward a buy.

This seems similar to LayR was with its arp/sequencer thingy, but with only 4 layers to work with, and a little more accessible. I’m happy to have both for LayR’s complexity and depth, but this one looks to be easier to dive into. I’ve also warmed ;) to this dev’s icy sound over the last couple years, especially as a source for more effects.

Will pick this up later today from your link and thanks for the great demo.

My pleasure! IM happy you found my video helpfull and Thank you so much for your support!

• @jakoB_haQ What does the preset "I dream about sock boy" sound like?

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@u0421793 said:

oh dear, that movie ...

A friend tricked me into watching it when I was about 10 ... what was Stanley thinking?

"A little classical music, kids"?

• @JeffChasteen said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@u0421793 said:

oh dear, that movie ...

"A little classical music, kids"?

Love this one :)

When you think of being so desensitized to “Ultaviolence” that it becomes entertainment to get hooked on... then think about the hype real, Uber-realistic video games of today... the film is prophetic.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @jakoB_haQ What does the preset "I dream about sock boy" sound like?

Ah, that preset is actually just a renamed duplicate and can actually be heard in the video 1:30. The name is a reference to an anima Ed short series by a guy named David Firth.

When I made that preset I ended up playing around with it for a while until I played something hat resembles the type of music that David usually puts into his videos. :smile: