Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU drum machines

What are all the AUv3 drum machines. I have Axon2, Ruismaker, RuismakerFM, MV08. Why such a shortage?

Comments

• Beats me ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Drambo... Soooon!

Does Drambo have an eta?

• @realdawei said:
    Beats me ;)

haha...saw what you did there...again :D

• @Mr_Beak said:
    What are all the AUv3 drum machines. I have Axon2, Ruismaker, RuismakerFM, MV08. Why such a shortage?

Don't forget the Rozeta suite ... just the sequencing side..but still some drum machines (and more)

• Vatanator is AU too. Haven’t got it yet but it looks great.

• @Keenan said:
    Vatanator is AU too. Haven’t got it yet but it looks great.

It’s not great.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

Oh, that’s a bummer. What’s not to like?

• First, no metronome!

To be fair, its not that bad. It’s just that I would rather use almost any other drum machine. It’s really rudimentary, and the “benefit” of being AU doesn’t change anything.

• @Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

My main issue with it has been timing instability as an AU. There’s audible jitter in the audio engine.

• I’ve used Vatanator (driven by Rosetta xox/rythm midi) in several AUM jams. It also support midi velocity. The AU freezing problems i had in Cubasis, AuriaPro and BM3 were fixed with the last Vatanator update.

As a work-around i recorded all used drum sounds into a single wave file with silence between them and imported this wav into Reslice AU that could then be triggered via midi. Kind of self-made drum sample player. But unfortunatly Reslice does not support midi key velocity so the accents were not played and all hits got the same volume.

• @_ki said:
    I’ve used Vatanator (driven by Rosetta xox/rythm midi) in several AUM jams. It also support midi velocity. The AU freezing problems i had in Cubasis, AuriaPro and BM3 were fixed with the last Vatanator update.

As a work-around i recorded all used drum sounds into a single wave file with silence between them and imported this wav into Reslice AU that could then be triggered via midi. Kind of self-made drum sample player. But unfortunatly Reslice does not support midi key velocity so the accents were not played and all hits got the same volume.

Interesting idea

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@_ki said:
    I’ve used Vatanator (driven by Rosetta xox/rythm midi) in several AUM jams. It also support midi velocity. The AU freezing problems i had in Cubasis, AuriaPro and BM3 were fixed with the last Vatanator update.

Interesting idea

I wonder if multiple instances of Reslice triggered velocity layers within a suitable host app would work well? Maybe AudioBus would work?

• @realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

My main issue with it has been timing instability as an AU. There’s audible jitter in the audio engine.

Would this still be a problem in a host like GarageBand once the midi has been recorded? And are the samples at least good.. I’ve been looking for some nice 80s drums.

• edited May 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@_ki said:

Interesting idea

I wonder if multiple instances of Reslice triggered velocity layers within a suitable host app would work well? Maybe AudioBus would work?

What is the opposite of Occam's Razor!?
    :o

@realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

Would this still be a problem in a host like GarageBand once the midi has been recorded? And are the samples at least good.. I’ve been looking for some nice 80s drums.

MV08 is excellent, though it loses it's clever parameter-locking as an AU.

• edited May 2018

@Keenan said:

@realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

That’s precisely where I had the issue. In GarageBand as an AU. After recording. Even when quantized. I duplicated the track with Ruismaker to make sure. Ruisy is on time but Vatanator is sloppy.

And yeah 80’s Drums is a big hole right now

• edited May 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@_ki said:

Interesting idea

@realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

Hickams Dictum: I will have as many layers as I want lol (I may have poor spelling here)

• @realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

That’s precisely where I had the issue. In GarageBand as an AU. After recording. Even when quantized. I duplicated the track with Ruismaker to make sure. Ruisy is on time but Vatanator is sloppy.

And yeah 80’s Drums is a big hole right now

I just built my own 80's kits in Beathawk. You can get samples of most of the classic drum machines from the 80's here: http://samples.kb6.de/downloads_snare_drum.php

They don't have the Roland stuff (copyright issues I suspect) but they have sample sets for the Linn LM-1, the Oberheim DMX, the Sequential Circuits Drumtraks and Sequential Circuits TOM, the Alesis SR-16 & Alesis HR-16.... anything you would need to accomplish this and then some.

Hell, if I could figure out a way to share my kits in BH I'd just sent 'em to you....

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@_ki said:

Interesting idea

@realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

Hickams Dictum: I will have as many layers as I want lol (I may have poor spelling here)

ha!
    Reminds me of this excellent Jack Handey deep thought:

Instead of raising your hand to ask a question in class, how about individual pushbuttons on each desk? That way, when you want to ask a question, you just push the button and it lights up a corresponding number on a tote board at the front of the class. Then all the professor has to do is check the lighted number against a master sheet of names to see who is asking the question.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@_ki said:

Interesting idea

@realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

ha!

Instead of raising your hand to ask a question in class, how about individual pushbuttons on each desk? That way, when you want to ask a question, you just push the button and it lights up a corresponding number on a tote board at the front of the class. Then all the professor has to do is check the lighted number against a master sheet of names to see who is asking the question.

And how fun that would be. Yes, it may not be the most elegant or logical solution, but if you made all the different lights of matching colours to hats on each person and they got a matching coloured lollipop - imagine the fun!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@_ki said:

Interesting idea

@realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

ha!

And how fun that would be. Yes, it may not be the most elegant or logical solution, but if you made all the different lights of matching colours to hats on each person and they got a matching coloured lollipop - imagine the fun!

Nonononono.... the student's hat is the thing that lights up when the button is pressed. Problem solved.

• @Daveypoo said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@_ki said:

Interesting idea

@realdawei said:

@Keenan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Keenan said:

It’s not great.

ha!

Nonononono.... the student's hat is the thing that lights up when the button is pressed. Problem solved.

I’ve found my new night fishing cap! Thanks

• _ki_ki
    edited May 2018

@realdawei said:
    My main issue with Vatantor has been timing instability as an AU. There’s audible jitter in the audio engine.

I just tested Vatanator vs Ruismaker timings in Cubasis and for my short 4 bar loop both were in sync when playing from midi and when frozen - maybe your bug was fixed in the last Vatanator update.

• @Dawdles said:
    Drambo... Soooon!

Hi I keep seeing this Drambo being mentioned in the forum but cant get any info via google Do you have any links?
    Thanks in advance

• edited May 2018

Hi has anyone got a link to the Drambo app thats being mentioned a lot in the forum?
    Or name of the Dev etc?

• @Dawdles said:

@stormbeats said:

@Dawdles said:
    Drambo... Soooon!

Hi I keep seeing this Drambo being mentioned in the forum but cant get any info via google Do you have any links?
    Thanks in advance

Really excited for this one. Feels like the dev's fully on point with the kind of thing I've been hoping would appear.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/493403#Comment_493403

Ok cheers i asked twice as the forum was slow to update my original question

• The dev is Beepstreet but the app is not available yet. There is a link to discussion right before your post.

• @stormbeats said:
    Hi has anyone got a link to the Drambo app thats being mentioned a lot in the forum?
    Or name of the Dev etc?

Beepstreet. Same dev as Zeeon and Sunrizer.