Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HARMONIZR AUv3 - Testing With Vocals - Guitar & Synth

Here is my demo for the new Harmonizr AUv3, I think my favourite bit is when I play the guitar, its like instant Brian May

You can get Harmonizr here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/harmonizr/id1348742174?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Damn you Doug Woods! and thank you. Was being good but you seemed to have nudged me off the fence a few times recently.

Like Kronecker this one is universal too. Will investigate and probably purchase later, after the workday has ended.

• This is even more fun when using the midi/keyboard to re-pitch the incoming audio!

@LFS Cubasis really needs a way to route midi from a midi-track (for example select an AUV3 plug-in as a Midi Output for a midi-track) to an AUv3 plug-in that is loaded on to an audio-track :)

• Sold, looks like instafun.

I’ll be getting my Brian May on later when it won’t get me kicked out of the house.

Saw him play in London post Queen with Cozy Powell, good gig ...

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Saw him play in London post Queen with Cozy Powell, good gig ...

>

Cozy Powell. Saw him with Rainbow, eons ago. Graham Bonnet was the vocalist. Brilliant.

As for this app, it’s another one to sort away into a folder, and deploy strategically.

• I’m glad Doug is getting some referral links from the devs of apps he reviews but damn, some of these devs should cut Doug in because his demos routinely influence whether I hit buy or shine an app on.

I was interested in Harmonizr but pitch plugs are very sketchy, some are one trick ponies and others just put an extreme chorusing lather on everything. Doug’s demo showed how clean & effective the app is so I picked it up and couldn’t be more pleased. Thanks Doug for testing the waters for the community...be cool.

• @JRSIV said:
    I’m glad Doug is getting some referral links from the devs of apps he reviews but damn, some of these devs should cut Doug in because his demos routinely influence whether I hit buy or shine an app on.

I was interested in Harmonizr but pitch plugs are very sketchy, some are one trick ponies and others just put an extreme chorusing lather on everything. Doug’s demo showed how clean & effective the app is so I picked it up and couldn’t be more pleased. Thanks Doug for testing the waters for the community...be cool.

Multi agree.....

• @JRSIV said:
    I’m glad Doug is getting some referral links from the devs of apps he reviews but damn, some of these devs should cut Doug in because his demos routinely influence whether I hit buy or shine an app on.

Thirded. Saw this the other day and was mildly amused, now I'm getting the itch.

Since i just bought a TON of apps I've hardly used, gotta force myself to hold off in the short term. I know my weak will, though. I'm sure I'll own it by days end.

I know, I know.....

• Love this app and thanks Doug for putting it through some of its pacers,however it didn’t show up as an effect AU in GarageBand,have I missed something here?

• @Samu said:
    This is even more fun when using the midi/keyboard to re-pitch the incoming audio!

I'm particularly interested in this. How does it work with midi, like a vocoder?

• @JRSIV said:

Exactly. Doug and Jakob (and, lately, Dean Daughters of electronisounds) often nudge me off the fence, and I always buy using their links. It’s a good habit to get into if we want this community to thrive. I’ve been playing with Harmonizr using my new ikeys io with the gooseneck mic and it's great. Follows my chords beautifully. And so cheap!

• @iansainsbury said:

@JRSIV said:

Exactly. Doug and Jakob (and, lately, Dean Daughters of electronisounds) often nudge me off the fence, and I always buy using their links. It’s a good habit to get into if we want this community to thrive. I’ve been playing with Harmonizr using my new ikeys io with the gooseneck mic and it's great. Follows my chords beautifully. And so cheap!

For years my go to for any harmony effect & lush choruses was my old Digitech Studio Quad V2 :

Being mid 90's tech the harmony had a grainy, metallic side to it but in a mix & used sparingly it worked well. The Harmonizr is so much cleaner & truer sounding than my old classic unit, and it's well under $10?! Damn, seriously, with the AutoTune function & ability to set your own scales and 2, 3 or 4 part complex harmony blocks this app should be a must buy for iOS Producer.

I know we all sometimes get overblown & hyperbolic with our praise of certain apps but this thing is straight badass. It's UI looks a bit plain and that's the ONLY negative it carries, and that really isn't a negative anyway. I just know how sometimes an apps GUI will influence our decision to buy & even just investigate, as the quick snap judgement of "oh, that looks like a cheap app" or "that looks like a toy" can enter into the process of getting it or not. For what this does, the UI is fine.

• @Greenie said:
    Love this app and thanks Doug for putting it through some of its pacers,however it didn’t show up as an effect AU in GarageBand,have I missed something here?

Just tried the same thing; no dice. Pity.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Greenie said:
    Love this app and thanks Doug for putting it through some of its pacers,however it didn’t show up as an effect AU in GarageBand,have I missed something here?

Just an uninformed guess but perhaps the dev hasn't registered the app with Audiobus? @Michael, seem plausible?

• @nothumanatall said:

@Samu said:
    This is even more fun when using the midi/keyboard to re-pitch the incoming audio!

I'm particularly interested in this. How does it work with midi, like a vocoder?

It’s more like transposing the audio to the keys you hold down on the keyboard. The developers own video ahws this.

• Load up a Solo Trombone in Heavy Brass on a channel in AUM.

Add the Harmonizr AU with the Bass preset.

Add @brambos Kosmonaut AU delay with a nice rolling heavy feedback setting.

Turn monitors or headphones up...play G4...just one note.

Check for loose fillings.

This sumbitch is incredible on octave based stuff like this! Or messing with close harmonies, Harmonizr didn’t make the additional higher voicings sound reedy or chipmunk at all.

Wow, the more I mess with this thing the more blown away I get...between Bram, @FredAntonCorvest, @benkamen, this guy who made Harmonizr, AudioDamage, man, there’s too many to remember...point is I think the future of iOS music production is very bright and these AU’s keep getting better & better.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Greenie said:

Anyone know how to contact the developer so this can be reported?

• @JohnnyGoodyear @realdawei I have just emailed the dev and told about this, I also mentioned coming over and joining in

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear @realdawei I have just emailed the dev and told about this, I also mentioned coming over and joining in

+1 Sir Doug...

• how many presets in this app?

• Not enough 😋

• Sorry - couldn't resist. There's maybe 6 or so... I only played with it for a second this afternoon. I get the feeling that this is straightforward enough that it doesn't need a lot.

• cool thanks Dave

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Greenie said:

Just an uninformed guess but perhaps the dev hasn't registered the app with Audiobus? @Michael, seem plausible?

It wouldn't affect GarageBand, so it ain't us!