Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Touchable iOS app (Ableton Live controller), thoughts?

Anyone using it out there? I have a push 2, but thought this might be useful on the move. Its expensive, is it worth it?

Comments

• Totally worth it in my opinion. If you are looking for an iOS app with the Push2 functionality it is the best option by far. But as you already have Push2 just think if you really need it and how much times are you going really to use it...
    I end up taking the Push2 with me most of the times...

• Hard to say without knowing what you expect. If you're looking for a more mobile Push 2 alternative then Touchable is certainly the best option.
    I personally prefer the much cheaper LK from imaginando (plus the "Matrix" IAP) because it does the only two things that I need, clip recording / launching and piano roll editing, very well.
    For all other tasks I've found myself leaning over the laptop preferably.

• When I was focused on Live I used Touchable.

Seems like a quality app (I can’t remember a crash either) well worth the outlay if you will get the use out of it.

• I find Touchable the best solution as a Push 2 alternative.

• It's a great combination with push!!!

• Thanks all, I might commit!

• I have to say, I used TouchAble for big shows last year and it never crashed ! I say big shows (200 000 peoples) not for showing me off but I mean, I would never use it if it wasn't as reliable as this app is.

• edited May 2018

@mhc0 said:
    I have to say, I used TouchAble for big shows last year and it never crashed ! I say big shows (200 000 peoples) not for showing me off but I mean, I would never use it if it wasn't as reliable as this app is.

200 000 people, Bud?

Edit... Ok... 'many' shows.. My bad..

• So I went for it! thoughts so far — not a fan of the graphics / UI, confusing iconography and looks a bit like a school project :D but the functionality is pretty awesome, the XY pads with recorded automation are incredible and being able to fold the piano roll to a particular scale is something I've been wishing for in AL itself, all in all a good purchase!

• Just picked it up myself too. You’re right, that’s an awesome feature that should be native to Live. Looking forward to checking it out over the next few days. Did you get the IAP too @Artefact2001 ?

• Congrats. Be sure to watch the overview videos from the Touchable site. They help to get you around the workflow of the app.

• @RajahP said:

@mhc0 said:
    I have to say, I used TouchAble for big shows last year and it never crashed ! I say big shows (200 000 peoples) not for showing me off but I mean, I would never use it if it wasn't as reliable as this app is.

200 000 people, Bud?

Edit... Ok... 'many' shows.. My bad..

Nope, 200 000 each show ! ;)

• Touchable by AppBC are currently looking for beta testers drop them a line at
    [email protected]. The new version cross ports to Android and Windows. The windows size looks very appealing for a second monitor!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Touchable by AppBC are currently looking for beta testers drop them a line at
    [email protected]. The new version cross ports to Android and Windows. The windows size looks very appealing for a second monitor!

Looking nice... wish they would implement ‘snapshots’.. I just might give up my Maschine Jam and go Ableton Exclusively... But it Capture and Insert sucks..

• Ok, here we go... Touchable Pro...

• Yep...this is great news...love using this app with Live.

• looks good, especially for Windows touchscreen which is in need of a good control surface for Live.

• The beta just dropped into my mailbox have to fire it up later.

• edited August 2018

A bit disappointed because just over three months ago I bought the existing app and “everything” IAP at full price, hardly used it so far (wanted to but life got in the way), and now it looks like this will be a completely new version.

• @handed said:
    A bit disappointed because just over three months ago I bought the existing app and “everything” IAP at full price, hardly used it so far (wanted to but life got in the way), and now it looks like this will be a completely new version.

I know I read somewhere that there will be an ‘upgrade offer’ for older versions...

• @RajahP said:

@handed said:

I know I read somewhere that there will be an ‘upgrade offer’ for older versions...

Good to know, thanks

• edited August 2018

Just spent 2 hours getting my head around the Pro version. It’s seems a lot smoother in operation. Been a while since I used version 3 so just learning where everything is again. First impressions love it Ableton Live will get a lot more use now as this suits my work flow.

Haven’t really scratched the surface yet and tried building any third party templates. I hope they do offer a money off upgrade path for existing users. I didn’t have to download any new servers etc works straight out the box for me at least with the last server I downloaded for version 3.

Hopefully once this is out Modstep 2 and Studiomux who are made by the same dev team will get some love. Would love to see Studiomux combined within TouchAble Pro as a built in container that would be cool.

• Is the Windows version available to test yet, or just iOS?

• @Carnbot just got the iOS version for now via TestFlight not sure about Windows yet.

• I got the invite for Windows and will investigate today.