Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KRONECKER CLOCKWORK SYNTHESIZER by iceWorks - Demo for the iPad

Here is my demo for the new iceWorks Kronecker Clockwork Synth running as 3 AUv3s in AUM with three different controllers...nice

You can get Kronecker clockwork synth here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kronecker-synthesizer/id1371863334?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Didn’t even get half way through before I was sold. Thanks Doug

• I am loving it.

Super cinematic abilities!

• edited May 2018

Like the resizing. Works well.
    Your rapping was interesting too :smile:
    Might be krone necker for people who like to drink a lot of lager tho

• Here i was just thinking how satisfied I am at the moment with my ios synths ... well done Doug. This sounds so interesting.

• @kinkujin said:
    Here i was just thinking how satisfied I am at the moment with my ios synths ... well done Doug. This sounds so interesting.

It is in between a flute, percussive, and noise bordering on a granular sound at times.

Really unique for iOS synths fo sho.

So, really neat.

Their use of resonators has the uncanny ability to widen the sonic lushness of the more analog sounding synths in a complimentary way.

• Nice video, Doug. What is not clear to me is how much of the polyrhythmic stuff is generated by the delay vs the "emitter"?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Nice video, Doug. What is not clear to me is how much of the polyrhythmic stuff is generated by the delay vs the "emitter"?

It’s less the delay than the emitter. The delay seems to widen it a bit and spread it out.

• @lukesleepwalker I found the delay made a huge difference

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:
    Here i was just thinking how satisfied I am at the moment with my ios synths ... well done Doug. This sounds so interesting.

It is in between a flute, percussive, and noise bordering on a granular sound at times.

Really unique for iOS synths fo sho.

So, really neat.

Their use of resonators has the uncanny ability to widen the sonic lushness of the more analog sounding synths in a complimentary way.

It’s a special one for sure. It will survive my app culls for a long time I think. I love it.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Nice video, Doug. What is not clear to me is how much of the polyrhythmic stuff is generated by the delay vs the "emitter"?

Both

The emitter on the bottom right is where that is.

It has both a time 1/16 1/8 ect. and LFO.

This is PER KEY STRIKE

Then you have the traditional sequencing as in all ice apps.

There is some odd feel or lack of response from some parameters.

I have spent like 2 hours with it now.

It is a niche sound but a good one for me

Mallets
    Soundcsape rhythmic
    Wood winds of a noisy variety
    Lots of percussion and rhythm stuff as well.

Got some neat timpani type things as well as resonating bass sounds.

Delay is tied in to an additional filter which adds the depth with the delay.

If not tweaked right that make delay seem weird .

• This might ('might') just have displaced Mersenne in my rig. Sounds similar with extra interesting rhythmic things. Anyone make any comparison between the two? I'm not going to buy immediately as I put down for Patterning 2 and Perforator yesterday.

• @mrcanister said:
    Your rapping was interesting too :smile:

His name be Doug.
    Crazy on d’ ball.
    Sortin’ apps.
    For one ‘n’ all.
    Buy from his link.
    To keep ‘im goin’
    It’s appreciation.
    We be showin’.

:) :D ;)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Both

The emitter on the bottom right is where that is.

It has both a time 1/16 1/8 ect. and LFO.

This is PER KEY STRIKE

Then you have the traditional sequencing as in all ice apps.

There is some odd feel or lack of response from some parameters.

I have spent like 2 hours with it now.

It is a niche sound but a good one for me

Mallets
    Soundcsape rhythmic
    Wood winds of a noisy variety
    Lots of percussion and rhythm stuff as well.

Got some neat timpani type things as well as resonating bass sounds.

Delay is tied in to an additional filter which adds the depth with the delay.

If not tweaked right that make delay seem weird .

For sound design it is perfect. In an hour I’ve made sounds I’ve never heard before.

• @Mr_Beak said:
    In an hour I’ve made sounds I’ve never heard before.

>

That happened to a mate of mine, when he ate too much curried salmon. :D

• It’s a time sink though. I’ve just spent 30 minutes making disturbed whale song :*

• @Fruitbat1919 You made a song about a disturbed whale 🐳?🤪

• Just bought it, because I knew I was going to anyway. This is so good it makes my head hurt. This feels the gap (if there is one) between Mersenne and iWavestation for me. The only thing that would throw this over the edge would be a randomization feature. It would be cool to do a preset sharing thing with this one once we get our heads around how to coax sounds out of it...

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Fruitbat1919 You made a song about a disturbed whale 🐳?🤪

That’s not a bad idea.....I must be bored lol

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Just bought it, because I knew I was going to anyway. This is so good it makes my head hurt. This feels the gap (if there is one) between Mersenne and iWavestation for me. The only thing that would throw this over the edge would be a randomization feature. It would be cool to do a preset sharing thing with this one once we get our heads around how to coax sounds out of it...

Even just making singles particle layer sounds can be cool with this one. I’m just trying to figure out if we can use particle layers that are switched off to modulate anything on the other layers? Either way, this is a monster (in a good way).

Definetly would like to see what we could all make from it!

• Awesome! There goes this month's app-budget. :smile:

• edited May 2018

+1 for randomization on this :)

• edited May 2018

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k9wx57rimt287u/File 21-05-2018, 15 24 17?dl=0

Here’s one (if the link works?)

Plays best with chords. Play with arp on and release between chords for a different sound

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Fruitbat1919 You made a song about a disturbed whale 🐳?🤪

If you had to get your living by killing and eating baby seal pups, you'd be pretty disturbed too.

• Nice one Doug. I’ve had a stinker of a day, so will enjoy watching this later with the relevant boozes.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Nice one Doug. I’ve had a stinker of a day, so will enjoy watching this later with the relevant boozes.

I only got to watch half Dougs video as was chomping at the bit to buy the app after Dougs first few sounds played lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Nice one Doug. I’ve had a stinker of a day, so will enjoy watching this later with the relevant boozes.

I only got to watch half Dougs video as was chomping at the bit to buy the app after Dougs first few sounds played lol

Sounds promising, I need a treat!

• Can you trigger the different emitters independently? I know you can have multiple instances with AU, but that would be nice, eg via midi channel selection.

• edited May 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Can you trigger the different emitters independently? I know you can have multiple instances with AU, but that would be nice, eg via midi channel selection.

I’m not sure you can, but you can switch on and off each emitter via midi

There’s quite a lot of midi destinations showing in AUM!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Didn’t even get half way through before I was sold. Thanks Doug

Hey I thought you were purging apps ......gather ye while ye may! Lol :)

• @MonzoPro said:
    Sounds promising, I need a treat!

>

Didn’t they stop making those in the early 80’s. ;)

As for this app, I’m holding back a little, anticipating a few birthday iTunes cards in the near future, and so will look forward to your report.