Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free trials on apps in the near future?

Interesting article about a small union of developers asking Apple to consider offering free trials on apps (already a feature of many subscription apps but not for standard apps).

I think this is a great idea that Apple should have implemented years ago. There’s been at least a few apps I’ve purchased over the years that immediately became apparent they were not going to work for me (I’m looking at you, XDrummer). Sure, there’s the refund process but I’m not in the interest of jumping through hoops and making a regular habit of requesting refunds.

Seems especially beneficial for apps with premium prices that might dissuade potential customers who are interested but not quite convinced enough to spend a little more.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/05/18/app-store-developers-form-union-ahead-of-wwdc/

Comments

• This would be very good news imo. It might mean the end of 'app store pricing' though. Not a terrible thing.

• Personally I’m quite happy to keep AppStore pricing and buy the occasional dud.

Luckily I’ve never heard of any of the Union founders so I don’t suppose I would notice much if they went on ‘strike’

• edited May 2018

@BiancaNeve said:
    Personally I’m quite happy to keep AppStore pricing and buy the occasional dud.

Me, too.

On the rare occasion I’ve bought something truly not fit for purpose, there has been no problem getting a refund.

Trying a subscription app would not encourage me in the slightest. I do not rent software.

• I think It's going to be important to allow free trials on apps as it becomes a more pro platform. It's going be key in convincing bigger players with deeper apps to invest in iOS otherwise it will always mainly be more suitable and profitable for indie devs. Especially if people don't want subscription software (I don't)

• I would probably buy more apps if I could trial them for a fortnight first.

Not sure why it means the pricing would change.