Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Icegear’s new synth: Kronecker!

Comments

• They also changed their name to Iceworks?

• On the appstore it was always Iceworks, as I recall
    Or maybe i'm from the future :lol:

• Like their stuff but it all kind of sounds the same? How is this different than Mersenne? And yet I haven’t spent money on an app in ever so long....
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kronecker-synthesizer/id1371863334?mt=8

• @senhorlampada said:
    On the appstore it was always Iceworks, as I recall
    Or maybe i'm from the future :lol:

You are right.

• Wait. Are all those sounds from the app?

• (my) Resistance. Is. Futile.

• It’s really nice. Like all their synths, worth the price.

• Going to need a better video on this one, looks like it has a unique synthesis model but I can't really tell whats going on and we only hear one preset. Has potential if its more than a one trick pony.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Wait. Are all those sounds from the app?

Not sure about the bass drum but the rest is all the synth. It’s really a pleasant sound with potential. Sound wonderful with AltiSpace

• Reminds me of a U2 intro.....(not the odd little squelchy drum).....

• This is cool. Lots of very complex sounds in this.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Like their stuff but it all kind of sounds the same? How is this different than Mersenne? And yet I haven’t spent money on an app in ever so long....

I thought that, but seems to have a rhythmic thing going on too.

I’ll wait for Sir Doug’s vid.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Like their stuff but it all kind of sounds the same? How is this different than Mersenne? And yet I haven’t spent money on an app in ever so long....

Me too, even though I’m sure I will get it at some time.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Their other synths are really great. Good price, light on CPU, universal, AU (lol) as well as standalone...can’t see me missing this one.

Very interesting bunch of controls on this, and I like the rhythmic element.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Their other synths are really great. Good price, light on CPU, universal, AU (lol) as well as standalone...can’t see me missing this one.

Been putting lots of rhythmic elements in sounds with Brams new app

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Been putting lots of rhythmic elements in sounds with Brams new app

Yeah me too. I can imagine this one fitting nicely into a Brambos chain.

• Looks good, definitely need a demo vid

• This looksa genuinely original take on FM. Not sure im gonna get it though.

• edited May 2018

If like me you love Lorentz and Mersenne, you won’t be disappointed with this one. Original, fully equipped, universal...what else?

• edited May 2018

@MonzoPro said:

>

It has got a rhythm thing, which we need to hear on more than on preset. Right up Doug’s street. :)

Nobody here needs another synth, but if the devs have done something different, and it’s AU, a lot of potential customers could tap that buy button!

BTW, anyone worked out if this also has midi out?

• Thanks to Dougs demo I bought it.

This is great!

• It's an AU.
    It's from IceGear.
    Bought.

• Looks and sounds interesting but might be a challenge to get my head around it to program sounds.

• edited May 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

I have four of their synths and I have to agree with you... they are high quality, extremely usable instruments , but they all seem to have very similar FM type tone/timbre to me, without a whole lot of differientation from one synth to the next. I suppose each has its own strengths though - some better for plucks, others geared more for pads and so on..

I would have personally preferred it if they had made a single epic synth and just released IAP sound packs to cover all the same bases. Admittedly, I haven’t invested much time programming my own presets in them yet, so perhaps I’ll appreciate the strengths that set them apart when I focus more energy on them.

• edited May 2018

I disagree that these synths all sound the same. Yes, they have a certain similar overall tonality to them, after all, they share similar synthsis components. Each one however leans towards a differing type of sound, again due to the components and structure used.

Yes, all these could strictly be made into one complex mega app, yet this would lose some of the charm and simplicity of use that these apps are well known for. The developers did make one more complex app and that indeed suffered from over complexity when programming (imo).

Yes, you could program some of the sounds of one in another, but this is also true of many brands of hardware synths. These synths are designed to be specific without being wholly unique from one another. In my opinion, they compliment as a group, rather then feeling just ‘the same’.

One major benefit too is the ability to use loads of instances as they have such low overheads.

Just my opinion and not designed to be argumentative :)

• edited May 2018

My brief and incomplete thoughts on the Ice Synths:

LaPlace - this one is very much about the resonator and exciter. Noise also takes a larger role than in many synths. This synth does stringed and wind instruments well, but mechanical keys work well too.

Lorentz - this imo has more analog subtractive leanings with a twist. The resonator can help towards a more organic sound than the traditional digital emulations of analog this synth leans towards.

Redshrike - this one is all about screaming lead sounds imo. Enough said - it just screams well!

Mersenne - bells, plucks and percussion sort of sums up this one. Makes great oriental sound layers that merge well with synth or wind layers from their other synths.

Kronecker - the most sound making layers of any of these synths and really aimed towards poly rhythmic layers of clicks and more. Yes I can understand the clockwork connection with this one.

Yeah I really do get the idea that these all sound digital and have a certain shared signature. However, they really are specific in what they aim for and compliment each other alone and as layers of sound.

Just to add, I don’t always make presets with these synths as they work really well as instruments you just alter the sound and play, finding something slightly new each time.

• Try using single layers by switching off the other layers. The layer to the preset sound above can make some cool Japan Ghosts style sounds when you manipulate the particle depth and ratio knobs (either by hand or by Rozeta LFO)

• Nice synth. I feel a bit like it's Mersenne 2 but definitely has a wider range than that one. Good that the AU scales but wish it had a similar two stage scaling to Dixie FM. Full screen is a bit too big for the dials on a 12.9 plus the gui gets a bit blurry, should be able to get the full screen gui in this mode. But for letterbox mode the ui works well.