Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yet another Auria basic use question: record thru AB

Greets! I am just an “audio-dabbler” and am fascinated by all the synths and sound makers on iOS.

Wondering. If you can stick any synth as AB IN, then have Auria as OUT. Then I would just go noodle around on the synth and have it recorded in Auria. I can never get this to work, so obviously missing something here!

Can this be done or is some othe method needed to record “live” sounds?

Comments

• Maybe check that Background Audio is enabled for the synth app in its Settings or Options.
    Have you tried with any AU synths? AU versions don’t need all the extra setup, so I would try one to see if you get a recording going. If you still get nothing, then something is up, and an Auria user would definitely know more about it than me.

• If all you want is to record audio...

For simplicity sake, the way we do this for our Repulse the Monkey tracks, is to set any synth as input within AudioBus 3 and AudioShare as output. Making sure that monitor recording is on for AudioShare.

This way, you end up with recordings in AudioShare which you can then copy to Auria, Cubasis, open within AUM, etc, etc. Nothing complex. You know from your initial settings what tempo and key you have used.

If, on the other hand you want to record in midi, then hang about and one of the Auria experts will arrive shortly. :)

• Thanks - have checked all play-in-background settings. I’m beginning to think Auria is just too heavy-duty for such casual use.

• Well I haven't really used AudioBus for recording for a very long time, but yes this definitely used to work pretty well. I'll see if I can test it later.

However have you tried recording your synth as an AU or IAA in Auria? That definitely works - I do it all the time. There's not really much reason to use Audiobus for this kind of thing these days.

• Absolutely. Just make sure when you go back to Auria that you set the track with the AudioBus input to “Record Enabled” status, meaning it is blinking red at the top. Only then you can go back to the Synth and record to your hearts content. Enjoy! No question is too silly so ask away. There are many great friends here always willing to help. But if you get a chance check out the tons of YouTube Auria Videos, that’s where I learned the most basic stuff to get me going in Auria.

@seachord said:
    Greets! I am just an “audio-dabbler” and am fascinated by all the synths and sound makers on iOS.

Wondering. If you can stick any synth as AB IN, then have Auria as OUT. Then I would just go noodle around on the synth and have it recorded in Auria. I can never get this to work, so obviously missing something here!

Can this be done or is some othe method needed to record “live” sounds?