Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unique Sugarbytes don’t receive Rozeta LFO

I’ve an issue with Unique.

He receives Rozeta Cells without issue, but with LFO and parameters assignment in AUM, that don’t works knobs don’t move and become not movable by fingers too. No issues with other audio units like Zeeon or Model D.

It even makes after a while audio session crash, with no audio in AUM. Have to exit and reload.

It’s on iPhone 7 Plus, last iOS. Am I missing something? Can anybody confirm that bug I will report to Sugarbytes.

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2018

Ok I’ve found a workaround. Seems that Unique parameters controls don’t works the usual way, AUM midi controls will not works at all, I’ve used TouchOSC to troubleshoot that. Unique has its own midi learn feature and you need to use that.

1- choose Rozeta LFO as a midi source for Unique (Unique AUM midi input panel, not midi control panel as usual with Rozeta):

2- set active only Rozeta LFO you want, press AUM’s transport:

3- do a long press on the Unique knob of your choice, a menu appears then click « learn », it will read active Rozeta LFO:

Seems to be the way Unique manage midi control.
    Hope this helps!!

• This is similar to the Syntronik workflow. It also only has Midi learn for parameter control.

The main PITA for me is sometimes isolating just the controller you want “learnt”. This is workable, but being able to just assign/edit mappings is so much easier.

• edited May 2018

Yes this is needed to stop everything else which sends CC’s, in some other cases even midi notes.

Strange things is that all Unique parameters appears in AUM’s midi control page. AUM see them but they’re not usable, so it’s a bit confusing. I prefer too doing things in AUM, you also know what is already assigned more easily.

• Drop them a note - they responded quickly to me:
    info at sugar-bytes.de

• edited May 2018

Yes I will report them, they’ve been quick on iPhone version resizing issue. I’ve sent them mail too, they were very responsive for sure.

• Mail sent!!

• edited June 2018

Latest Unique update fixed AUM’s midi data receiving issue!! You can now do your midi assignments in AUM, that works perfectly.
    It was a range issue. Nice work Sugarbytes!!

• great job at getting SB to notice and fix the issue, Janosax!