Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Model D & battery drain?

I notice my iPad Pro battery recently drains significantly in a couple of days or even overnight, even when I have no apps running. Looking at the battery usage in settings, it says the Moog Model D is responsible. For example, my battery has gone from 100% to 38% overnight, even though I didn’t even run Model D yesterday. (I think I had a tweak with Model 15.) It also shows 49 hours of Model D background usage over the last 7 days.

Maybe I am late to the party but I am assuming this means an app can still be running even if you have killed it. Is there some program I can get to manage what is and isn’t running? Or do I just have to shut down or reboot instead of letting my iPad go to sleep?

Comments

• Typical IAA zombie sighting. To completely rid yourself of them, do a soft reset. :)

• @MarkH said:
    I notice my iPad Pro battery recently drains significantly in a couple of days or even overnight, even when I have no apps running. Looking at the battery usage in settings, it says the Moog Model D is responsible. For example, my battery has gone from 100% to 38% overnight, even though I didn’t even run Model D yesterday. (I think I had a tweak with Model 15.) It also shows 49 hours of Model D background usage over the last 7 days.

Maybe I am late to the party but I am assuming this means an app can still be running even if you have killed it. Is there some program I can get to manage what is and isn’t running? Or do I just have to shut down or reboot instead of letting my iPad go to sleep?

Interesting, I havent Noticed battery drain since downloading Model D. I’m on a 2018 model iPad. Have you tried deleting it for a couple days to see for improvement in batt life?

• Have you tried deleting it for a couple days to see for improvement in batt life?

Well no, that seems a bit extreme. I am assuming it won't drain the battery unless it's running, installed or not. I am guessing the problem is just that it doesn't shut down properly.

• @brambos said:
    Typical IAA zombie sighting. To completely rid yourself of them, do a soft reset. :)

Does this mean it's a known IAA thing? That would make sense as I have been running Model in an Audiobus setup with some other stuff.

• @MarkH said:

@brambos said:
    Typical IAA zombie sighting. To completely rid yourself of them, do a soft reset. :)

Does this mean it's a known IAA thing? That would make sense as I have been running Model in an Audiobus setup with some other stuff.

Yes, it’s a well known thing. Sometimes you can still see the MIDI ports of the zombie app being active in spite of the app being completely invisible.

• @brambos said:

@MarkH said:

@brambos said:

Yes, it’s a well known thing. Sometimes you can still see the MIDI ports of the zombie app being active in spite of the app being completely invisible.

I have noticed the phantom midi ports a few times now with Model D. Maybe a soft reset every time you close it out would be a good practice. I am going to try that from now on.

• Yes, it’s a well known thing. Sometimes you can still see the MIDI ports of the zombie app being active in spite of the app being completely invisible.

Ah, okay. I will try the reboot option to see if it makes a difference.

• edited May 2018

@MarkH said:

If you're not familiar with "soft reboots", this will save you a lot of time: hold the power button until the "slide to shut down" window appears. Then press and hold the home button until the home screen reappears (takes about 3-4 seconds). This should clear the memory of anything that's running.

Good luck!

• @brambos said:

@MarkH said:

If you're not familiar with "soft reboots", this will save you a lot of time: hold the power button until the "slide to shut down" window appears. Then press and hold the home button until the home screen reappears (takes about 3-4 seconds). This should clear the memory of anything that's running.

Good luck!

Is the soft reboot iPad only? I have never been able to do it on my iPhone 8+.

• I've had Model D get my battery, but Navichord has been worse for me in that regard (love the app, but sometimes it doesn't seem to quit after closing it out with the task switcher).

• Just confirmed that the Model D battery drain issue still persists: the app does not show up with an icon as running in background but continues to drain battery (iPadOS 13.3).
    Transferred the AUM project that included Model D to iPhone and ran it there. Experienced pronounced battery drain (iOS 13.3).

Must remember perform a reset after using Model D (for iPhone only hard reset possible)!