Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Add randomization to AUM?

Hey @j_liljedahl - rather than me requesting ‘random please!’ each time a new app comes out, is there a way such a function could be added to AUM? I’m thinking under MIDI CTRL, you could browse to the Channel and then to the specific AU app, and then hit the Random button to scramble the parameters? I’m not sure if the AU host has that kind of parameter connectivity built in or if each one would have to be MIDI learned?

I have been trying to design a layout for the Layr synth that might do this in MIDI Designer but I can’t work out how...

Just an idea :smile:

Comments

• Just drive the parameter with a Rozeta LFO. Use S+H as the wave type. Adjust rate, mod, min and max to get the right amount of randomization.

• @CracklePot said:
    Just drive the parameter with a Rozeta LFO. Use S+H as the wave type. Adjust rate, mod, min and max to get the right amount of randomization.

I mean scrambling all parameters to a static position.

• Interesting idea!
    I am excited what Jonatan will say to this!
    From me a +1 (if it’s possible :))

• @CracklePot said:
    Just drive the parameter with a Rozeta LFO. Use S+H as the wave type. Adjust rate, mod, min and max to get the right amount of randomization.

Great idea, thanks!

• Ah, got it.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@CracklePot said:

Great idea, thanks!

Cool. My misunderstanding wasn’t for naught after all. B)

• @CracklePot said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@CracklePot said:

Great idea, thanks!

Cool. My misunderstanding wasn’t for naught after all. B)

Now I just have to think of something to randomize.

• @gusgranite said:
    Hey @j_liljedahl - rather than me requesting ‘random please!’ each time a new app comes out, is there a way such a function could be added to AUM? I’m thinking under MIDI CTRL, you could browse to the Channel and then to the specific AU app, and then hit the Random button to scramble the parameters? I’m not sure if the AU host has that kind of parameter connectivity built in or if each one would have to be MIDI learned?

I have been trying to design a layout for the Layr synth that might do this in MIDI Designer but I can’t work out how...

Just an idea :smile:

That should indeed be possible and quite simple to achieve :) I'll try to look into it for a future update.

• Oh wow! Exciting :smile:

• @gusgranite said:
    Oh wow! Exciting :smile:

Great idea dude!

• woah ;) cool. I like where this is going.

"quite simple to achieve" says the coding magician - future is bright