Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Workflow on Ipad....What I need?

Hi everyone,

I need help....and not, isn´t for GAS, because I just understand that I love spend money in Apps.

My biggest issue right now about jamming on Ipad is start to sequence or jamming. Let me explain.

My ideal work would be one app where I put several chords progressions or melodies in live, some of this chords go through arpeggiator and then, start tweaking the different synths. I love Rozetta, for example.

Actually, I can't do this. For example, I imagine play some chords in Arturia Keystep in Midi channel 1, put Zeeon in this channel, and then, start tweaking Zeeon, where there are some chords play in the same time in Midi channel 2 on Model 15. I change it on the fly. Overdubbing notes in the loop and start or stop synths (muting it is algo valid)

After some investigation, maybe I only thing that I need would be Modstep? Or hardware like Keystep?

Do you know any some app's or workflow to achieve this? For me, it's all about inspirational workflow, I love tweaking synths inside a chord / arpeggiator progression

Thank you!!

Comments

• you just may have to set the synths to each receive on it's own midi channel.
    Most are set to 'omni mode' as their default way of midi receive, which means the channel information is ignored and whatever channel comes in is played.
    If you want more control about where midi flows a midi routing app applies.
    Such apps can filter and/or duplicate midi data on different pathways.
    I'm using MidiBridge for that purpose, but there are more.

• @Telefunky said:
    you just may have to set the synths to each receive on it's own midi channel.
    Most are set to 'omni mode' as their default way of midi receive, which means the channel information is ignored and whatever channel comes in is played.
    If you want more control about where midi flows a midi routing app applies.
    Such apps can filter and/or duplicate midi data on different pathways.
    I'm using MidiBridge for that purpose, but there are more.

But I need one app where play or sequence chords and notes.

What app do you use to play when you start a jam, for example?

I'm thinking in Modstep because I believe that fits in this workflow

Play something and record midi -> loop midi -> start tweaking synth.

• sorry, looks like I misunderstood the 'I change it on the fly' as you didn't want to receive the same notes on the other instrument. But obviously you just want it that way.
    If I use midi sequencing it's mostly about sequences recorded one after the other and I export/arrange the audio in a DAW later, so I can't provide much practical advice.
    You may check some videos about Beatmaker, the iMPC and similiar apps that all do midi sequencing and start with something you find appealing.
    The topic 'start jamming' is a bit too wide - it would be helpful to provide some background about what musical direction you're going. Ambient, Minimal Electro, Noise, Dubstep, Experimental, Eighties, Berlin School, etc.

• You could look at infinite looper

• I saw a lot of Quantum videos on Youtube and I don't feel it so "musical". I jamming a little with another iPad sending chords from Chordsmap2 to Zeeon and Model 15 on AUM. So, it would be perfect make some arrangements in this chords. I still thinking that Modestep is the best option.

I don't like Infinite looper...and I dont'know why.

• Looks like you already answered your own question then.

• @OnfraySin said:
    Hi everyone,

I need help....and not, isn´t for GAS, because I just understand that I love spend money in Apps.

My biggest issue right now about jamming on Ipad is start to sequence or jamming. Let me explain.

My ideal work would be one app where I put several chords progressions or melodies in live, some of this chords go through arpeggiator and then, start tweaking the different synths. I love Rozetta, for example.

Actually, I can't do this. For example, I imagine play some chords in Arturia Keystep in Midi channel 1, put Zeeon in this channel, and then, start tweaking Zeeon, where there are some chords play in the same time in Midi channel 2 on Model 15. I change it on the fly. Overdubbing notes in the loop and start or stop synths (muting it is algo valid)

After some investigation, maybe I only thing that I need would be Modstep? Or hardware like Keystep?

Do you know any some app's or workflow to achieve this? For me, it's all about inspirational workflow, I love tweaking synths inside a chord / arpeggiator progression

Thank you!!

As long as you do not need to undo any action Modstep is quite nice.

• @dermichl said:

As long as you do not need to undo any action Modstep is quite nice.

I start playing with Modstep. It's very complex and has a steep curve learn, but I think that it's what I need.

But yeah, not undo it's a shame.

Anyway, I want something like "Keystep Pro" but seems that doesn't exist in the market even in hardware.