Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Michael Jackson's Thriller

Roland Juputer-8, MinoMoog, LinnDrum, synths and real instruments...

Comments

• With that room of equipment I’d re-create anything anybody wanted. I couldn’t be stopped.

• the dude got a helluva groove, enjoyed his video about 'The Linn Drum in Action', too B)

• Skills to thrill.

Don't understand why so many thumbs down ?

• I love that. Good stuff.

• @enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

No zombies?

• He also has follow up videos showing breakdown of sounds used in this song and their design .

• @Telefunky said:
    the dude got a helluva groove, enjoyed his video about 'The Linn Drum in Action', too B)

Totally. If there’s one thing I’ll never get tired of, it’s a Linn.

• @enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

I’ll never understand people’s need to thumbs down videos unless there’s way too much talking on a demo video or if the sound quality is absolutely atrocious. Either you love it and you thumbs up, or it’s not your thing and you move on.

Totally love the video; if you haven’t already, check out Doug’s SoundTestRoom video on making the Thriller bass patch in Model D!

• @enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

I’ll never understand people’s need to thumbs down videos unless there’s way too much talking on a demo video or if the sound quality is absolutely atrocious. Either you love it and you thumbs up, or it’s not your thing and you move on.

Totally love the video; if you haven’t already, check out Doug’s SoundTestRoom video on making the Thriller bass patc

• @enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

Totally love the video; if you haven’t already, check out Doug’s SoundTestRoom video on making the Thriller bass patch in Model D!

• @enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

Totally love the video; if you haven’t already, check out Doug’s SoundTestRoom video on making the Thriller bass patc

• ok ok... :D

• edited May 2018

Why thumbs down a video when you can just comment it to death. :lol:

I will :+1: that Moog sounds all day long

• edited May 2018

@enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

Only 186 down and 11000 ups... that’s a dam good ratio. I would have thought more downs from people wanting to learn how to play it.

• @enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

Perhaps because there's nothing remotely original or creative on display?

• encenc
    edited May 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

i dunno ?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

A very good point. So he figured out how to sound close to the original. So what? And he picked a best-selling tune that was hopefully going to garner a lot of hits on his channel. Now, at least if he covered something a bit more of a challenge, say Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein", then we may forgive.

(sigh) I must be getting old. :open_mouth: And btw get off my lawn as well! :D

• @MarkR said:

@enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

A very good point. So he figured out how to sound close to the original. So what? And he picked a best-selling tune that was hopefully going to garner a lot of hits on his channel. Now, at least if he covered something a bit more of a challenge, say Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein", then we may forgive.

(sigh) I must be getting old. :open_mouth: And btw get off my lawn as well! :D

+1 your old....but right

• Finally gave Frankenstein a listen after hearing about it over the years. Apararenlty someone I knew once knew Edgar Winter. Anyway, did not disapoint!

• @AudioGus said:
    Finally gave Frankenstein a listen after hearing about it over the years. Apararenlty someone I knew once knew Edgar Winter. Anyway, did not disapoint!

THAT’S what that song is called! Been searching for a title and artist for it for years!

• Winter and his band even pull it off live! He moves from synths to sax, then percussion.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=P8f-Qb-bwlU

• @MarkR said:
    Winter and his band even pull it off live! He moves from synths to sax, then percussion.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=P8f-Qb-bwlU

That was frickin awesome! Even got some knob twiddlin in too.

• @MarkR said:

@enc said:
    Skills to thrill.

A very good point. So he figured out how to sound close to the original. So what? And he picked a best-selling tune that was hopefully going to garner a lot of hits on his channel.

He's collecting hits beause he's a good performer, entertaining narrator and breaks down current production techniques for those interested in exactly that. ;)
    These MJ tracks are of quite simple ingredients, yet achieve a remarkable result after arrangement and final mix.

• Recreating famous works of art for the purpose of learning should not be dismissed as “un-creative”. There is always some value in that.

If this YouTuber’s goal is to make a cover of a famous song to get more followers and interest in his music... that’s a different story. This has been done countless times and ways and it takes a very creative approach to get viewers’ attention. This post doesn’t really have that catchy, surprising element, no vocals, and no “personal influence” on the original track. So as a YouTube cover, it’s just... OK, if you ask me, not great.

But nobody asked me, and the feedback on YouTube is more than 98% positive for this video. This is fantastic approval rating for a YouTube cover. It’s safe to say his viewers love it.