Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2

Comments

• All the comments seem to be saying the same thing, making the same request.. and it’s good.
    Dear Olympia noise:
    See a patterning here?

• The forum has turned into a buncha band wagon jumping AU hippies.

• edited May 2018

Don’t like AU (yet) , bad for the unoptimized iOS , hype, costs more .

So, are there any teaser videos showing the new features?
    Is there any bundle pricing discount for old users ?
    AB3 midi,remote,state saving?

• I thought the AU debate was settled long ago. I gesh not.

• @AudioGus said:
    The forum has turned into a buncha band wagon jumping AU hippies.

Pretty soon everyone will be smoking weed and shit.

• @benkamen said:
    Or you only rano> @robosardine said:

I am also wondering to myself here- will the mute settings be able to be set in a pattern- so that when you change patterns the mute settings will change to those previously identified for that pattern?
    Is there anything else new with the mute settings in general?

Mute settings are stored with a drum kit. But you can associate different drum kits with different patterns. So you could have two nearly identical drum kits, with different mute settings, and have them attached to different patterns.

That’s a bit disappointing. I already do this in Patterning- it really does make your drum kit page look quite abnormal and untidy- having maybe five or six of the same kit several times over- particularly if you like to have a lot of cloud kits. It seems like more of a workaround than an actual feature to me- which compromises a smooth workflow. I don’t understand why you would want to have it that you require a different kit in order to control mute settings in a classy and sophisticated Drum Machine. Was this something that was done by design?

• @robosardine It's not implemented that way. You don't need to save the kits in the library to have them in your song. See the picture, there are three different versions of the "same" kit, but each one could really be entirely different samples/mute/MIDI settings.

• @benkamen said:
    @robosardine It's not implemented that way. You don't need to save the kits in the library to have them in your song. See the picture, there are three different versions of the "same" kit, but each one could really be entirely different samples/mute/MIDI settings.

Thanks for that I am almost there- Can you now select a Pattern (with your mutes contained in it within the kit) to follow on from the one you are currently playing in a live situation- so that it will begin to play after the current pattern ends?

• Different quantum, but what is Links new quantum feature that P2 will be compatible with anyway?

• @AudioGus said:
    Hmmmm... more I think about it... seems like Patterning should become a full on groove-box and just host AUs and AU FX... what a twist! Don’t just be the nail... be the hammer! ;)

Yep for sure. Mark me down as one nore for AU synth & fx hosting.

• edited May 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It's an instrument, not just a collection of sounds. In its own way, it's like GR-16. (Real chame nobody dived into that app since it wasn't AU....)

In this case the dev did say early that AU was forthcoming...of course it never did.

• @AudioGus said:
    The forum has turned into a buncha band wagon jumping AU hippies.

You say (type, whatever) that like it’s a bad thing ...

• What about AU?
    just kidding 🙃.

• @Philippe ha ha ha ha ha!

• Cool news but Only thing keeping me away from Patterning is it's lack of AU. Will have to pass if it's IAA only. Everything will eventually go AUV3 and that's pretty clear, why wait?

• Unlimited CC automation layers for controlling your MIDI devices.

I'd pay the asking price for this alone. This is epic.

@benkamen Have you tried looping a CC track back into another P2 track? Thinking that you could use a pattern of different length than the target pattern to polymetricly modulate parameters. So a basic 8th note hi-hat pattern could have, say, its pitch modulated by a 19 step pattern of CCs. Not even sure how long that would take to "repeat"!

• @kobamoto said:

@Dawdles said:

AU means no leaving the sequencer app UI...Waaaaaaaay better workflow imho. And convenience with stuff like automation and setting up Beatmaker macros and the road map modulation expansions. Also, yeah sometimes I'd maybe wanna use more than one instance. Either for different song sections or different layers or trying stuff out like having different Rozeta instances and configs feeding multiple replicas and jam combining/flipping between the different instances... Lots of possibilities start to appear when you can have more than one instance...

using multiple simultaneous patterns has been requested for patterning as well and is of high priority, not only that but when we get it it won't come with a convoluted workflow and will be the Patterning workflow through and through

The good news about it being a brand new app: we'll be able to run two instances. :)

• @syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:

@Dawdles said:

AU means no leaving the sequencer app UI...Waaaaaaaay better workflow imho. And convenience with stuff like automation and setting up Beatmaker macros and the road map modulation expansions. Also, yeah sometimes I'd maybe wanna use more than one instance. Either for different song sections or different layers or trying stuff out like having different Rozeta instances and configs feeding multiple replicas and jam combining/flipping between the different instances... Lots of possibilities start to appear when you can have more than one instance...

using multiple simultaneous patterns has been requested for patterning as well and is of high priority, not only that but when we get it it won't come with a convoluted workflow and will be the Patterning workflow through and through

The good news about it being a brand new app: we'll be able to run two instances. :)

Ayy you don’t say?

• @kobamoto said:
    yeah he said you can randomize almost everything..... and you can now have different mixer/fx setups for each pattern like impc pro. .. (syrup :# )

Hopefully P2 is a little different in that the mixer-per-pattern is optional. If not, mixer and fx screen copy and paste would be really handy for those like me that make a mix tweak in one pattern and want the same tweak on all patterns. Especially useful in that scenario would be mixer channel copy and paste.

• I'm totally fine without AU. I own and love stand-alone hardware drum machines. This looks like it will be the best one of the bunch. By like 10,000 miles.

• @AudioGus said:

@syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:

@Dawdles said:

Ayy you don’t say?

Well I haven't actually tried this, obviously, but if it's a separate app it should be able to run just fine right along side the original version.

• @syrupcore said:
    I'm totally fine without AU. I own and love stand-alone hardware drum machines. This looks like it will be the best one of the bunch. By like 10,000 miles.

I totally agree. When i got a new hardware drum machine in days gone by, i have never thought " I wish i had two of these". It's never happened. I have a Korg Electibe ER-1 which i still use, sitting next to my iPad. I've had it for nearly eighteen years. In all that time, i have never wished i had two of them. Not once. This whole AU thing is a complete red herring when it comes to ios Drum Machine type apps......P2 is going to be bloody amazing......wise up folks...........(or not......id be happy to keep it as a secret only shared by a select few ;) )

• edited May 2018

@syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:

@Dawdles said:

This will also be great.......... :)

Ha! Yes i realise i have sort of contradicted myself.....but you all know what I'm getting at B)

• @syrupcore said:

Unlimited CC automation layers for controlling your MIDI devices.

I'd pay the asking price for this alone. This is epic.

@benkamen Have you tried looping a CC track back into another P2 track? Thinking that you could use a pattern of different length than the target pattern to polymetricly modulate parameters. So a basic 8th note hi-hat pattern could have, say, its pitch modulated by a 19 step pattern of CCs. Not even sure how long that would take to "repeat"!

Good thinking. Hope this gets confirmed. :)

• No ifs or ands for me. Just looking forward to more work from a guy whose work has been so good.

• While I'm pretty firmly planted on the AU bandwagon, I have to say that I'd be fine if P2 remains standalone. There's just too much to try to fit into a floating window and I think some apps just make more sense as standalone. I'd love some sort of Auv3 control window that speaks to the standalone to switch between patterns, fx, drumkits, etc. But I think full AU is an extremely tall order for such a massively powerful machine.

• @syrupcore said:
    I'm totally fine without AU. I own and love stand-alone hardware drum machines. This looks like it will be the best one of the bunch. By like 10,000 miles.

!!!

• @Iso said:

@syrupcore said:

I totally agree. When i got a new hardware drum machine in days gone by, i have never thought " I wish i had two of these". It's never happened. I have a Korg Electibe ER-1 which i still use, sitting next to my iPad. I've had it for nearly eighteen years. In all that time, i have never wished i had two of them. Not once. This whole AU thing is a complete red herring when it comes to ios Drum Machine type apps......P2 is going to be bloody amazing......wise up folks...........(or not......id be happy to keep it as a secret only shared by a select few ;) )

I think parameter recall within a host may be what people are more after with AU in this case as opposed to multiple instances.

• Let’s not forget that many apps are IAA and AU. They are not mutually exclusive.