Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2

1101112131416»

Comments

• Perhaps @benkamen can check this out?

• @wim said:
    Hat likes to show on my iPad Air 2, iOS 12.4.2.

Same here, iPad Pro 9,7”, last iPadOS

• Tagging @benkamen. 👍

• edited October 2019

From Benkamen at the Olympia Noise Forum:

https://forum.olympianoiseco.com/t/database-import-export-missing-how-to-backup/298

Yes, this was removed because it’s no longer a viable way to backup the database.

This isn’t properly documented. But…
    If you need to backup the database : Download the mac application iExplorer. Navigate to your iPad > Apps > Patterning > Library > Application Support

Copy these three folders :
    data
    samples
    images

(everything else is not important to back up)

Verify that everything is backup up correctly on your computer.

Then, if you want to restore the database, copy those files to the same place on another iPad. You will need to first install and run Patterning once to create the Application Support directory.

I know this isn’t ideal, but the other way was not reliable and I couldn’t allow people to use it anymore.

• Thanks for posting this @musikeer. I need to update the manual.

• edited October 2019

Possible bug in latest version of patterning...
    Using patterning in AUM slot, the app itself has a dead zone at the very bottom where the AUM control strip (?) is located. For example, as noted below, anything in that zone is not responsive—in this case “apply to all”...can still use the other controls above (REC, etc) if tapped above the strip zone.

EDIT: the AUM strip itself is not responsive.

• Database thingy missing here too.. iPad 2018, 13.1.2. Latest Patterning 2.

• @royor said:
    Database thingy missing here too.. iPad 2018, 13.1.2. Latest Patterning 2.

See above. The database u.i. was removed from the app by design.

• @espiegel123 said:

@royor said:
    Database thingy missing here too.. iPad 2018, 13.1.2. Latest Patterning 2.

See above. The database u.i. was removed from the app by design.

Whoops.. didn't see the last page before I posted..

• So an Auv3 IAP update is possible... This will play nice in AU... 😇

• @RajahP said:
    So an Auv3 IAP update is possible... This will play nice in AU... 😇

Man, would go from the best iOS drum machine to the absolute best iOS drum machine

• Please help... I’m trying to use Patterning in Beatmaker 3 but it sucks because it’s not AU3. Am I wasting my time? I want patterning to provide my beats while I play with scenes.

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Please help... I’m trying to use Patterning in Beatmaker 3 but it sucks because it’s not AU3. Am I wasting my time? I want patterning to provide my beats while I play with scenes.

Real talk the best way to work with external apps in bm3 is to treat it like an mpc or something and just sample the loops then unload the plugin, plus save regularly. Just sync both to midi clock/link, load the output plugin to a pad and arm the sampler

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Please help... I’m trying to use Patterning in Beatmaker 3 but it sucks because it’s not AU3. Am I wasting my time? I want patterning to provide my beats while I play with scenes.

Specifically, what problems are you having? How do you have things set up? What sync options did you set in the two?

• AudioUnit will be great! This allows to save state in project and sync the tempo with host. Most hosts have full screen AU option

• edited July 2020

Couldn't help but be struck by the uncanny resemblance between this crop circle diagram (2nd pic) and Patterning!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jul/13/michael-glickman-obituary?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Notepad

• I’m sad that you can’t save (nor reset) the mixer state in Patterning. But, I still love it.

• @Gavinski said:
    Couldn't help but be struck by the uncanny resemblance between this crop circle diagram (2nd pic) and Patterning!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jul/13/michael-glickman-obituary?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Notepad

Heh... just now noticed that it’s the π up to 9 digits... :)

• edited February 2022

Maths
    3.141592653 <= 9 digits
    3.1415926535 <= 10 digits

The Graphic
    3.141592654 <= WHY did they round up instead of just letting the rest of the sequence be implied ???

• @audiblevideo said:
    Maths
    3.141592653 <= 9 digits

The Graphic
    3.141592654 <= WHY did they round up instead of just letting the rest of the sequence be implied ???

Because it‘s the 10th digit, with 10 options each?

• @Max_Free said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Maths
    3.141592653 <= 9 digits

The Graphic

Because it‘s the 10th digit, with 10 options each?

Lol

• edited January 19

Hi, I've seen some screenshots where the values of e.g. delay send , reverb,pan ... would be mapped to midi cc values
    It's true that it's practical not to add other layers of cc.

I can't find it in p2 ... :(

Do you have any info on this?

Thanks!

Get info on discord : not possible, only on P1