Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to save a modified file in Elastic FX

Still learning Elastic FX.
I've gotten to the point where I've imported an audio file into Elastic FX and I've modified it with some effects. But now I want to export the modified file to my Iphone music library and I do not see how I can do this in Elastic.

Can anyone help...

Thanks again...

Comments

• I just wrote this in your other thread, but will copy it here since it seems to fit the topic better.

You don’t actually need to load your audio files into EFX. Those audio files are just to preview FX, and there is no way to export the effected audio file.

Instead, use AudioShare to play your file, have it go through EFX, and record a new audio file in AudioShare. Select the file you want to effect in AudioShare. Be sure to check the loop box if you need looping on. Open the recording panel by hitting the mic button in the bottom left area. You can load the File Player in the AudioShare input instead of the mic. You put EFX in the first FX slot. You can then hit record and switch to EFX to do live tweaking while recording.

Here is a pic of what I mean.

• Thank you, I'll have to figure this one out.
    If I understand your post correctly, then there is no way to save the modified file at all?

If so, I do not see any benefit in these programs if the file with the new effects cannot be saved somewhere.

Don't understand why this has to be so complicated. All I wish to do is to add effects to a tune and simply save it to my Iphone.

• You can do that. Just use AudioShare to play your file, add the EFX you want, and use AudioShare to record the file with EFX applied.

So it is like what you are trying to do, but you have to use AudioShare to record the new file, rather than export from EFX.

• Conceptually you need to think of these apps as effect processors, rather than file editors. So: instead of open/modify/save a file you have to send an audio stream through them.

:)

• Thanks again, guys.
    I'll have to figure this one out too. I don't know how to add the effects from Elastic FX in Audioshare, but I'll work on this. Apparently I would have to import the Elastic effects into Audioshare?
    I'll let you know how I make out.
    Thanks again for your help.

• Your welcome. Good luck ! B)

• I am able to add effects to the original tune in ElasticFX. That's as far as I can go. Nothing else works.

The effects do not play when I open Audioshare, it plays the tune without any effects. Also, even when I turn the effects all the way up, they are barely noticeable in Elastic.

And the worse part is that when I click on the mike icon, all I get is a loud screech, even when I turn the volume down all the way. The loud screech is everywhere in elastic. Very frustrating and I'm about ready to give up. I think there is something wrong with the software. I'm using an Iphone X, brand new.

• Well, I'm making progress. Getting things figured out by trial and error.

I've been able to add effects to tunes and save/send them.

Thank you again for all of your help.

• When I attempt to save a modified audio file in audioshare to Dropbox or Icloud, etc, the program will only save the original file....without the added effexts. Can anyone help?
    Thank you.

• @Gene1000 said:
    When I attempt to save a modified audio file in audioshare to Dropbox or Icloud, etc, the program will only save the original file....without the added effexts. Can anyone help?
    Thank you.

Once you have your file being played and the fx added to an fx slot in audioshare, you have to use the record function to get a new file with the fx added. You can save or export this new file - hope that helps :)

• Thank you, skoptic. I read the manual and other instruction videos, but I did not see this particular thing covered. I'll give it a try

• Thanks, skoptic.....got it to work because of your help. Modified a tune with Elastic, using Audioshare as a host. Came out great.
    Thanks for all of your help!