Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to import audio tunes?

Hello all, new here and my first post.
I just purchased Elastic FX and am trying to figure out how to import any tune so I can add effects to it in Elastic FX. I do not see anywhere where I can do this and anywhere that once done, I can save the modified file.
I know I'm missing something very simple, but the description states that audio files can be directly imported into the program and then modified.
How do I do this?
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• edited May 2018

Note the message when you tap on the play looking icon in the top left...

What this means is if you have an app like Audioshare you can send a file to ElasticFX...

Note it is now in the list...

• You can do it from the Files app, too. Use long press, select share, select Copy to ElasticFX.

• @CracklePot said:
    You can do it from the Files app, too. Use long press, select share, select Copy to ElasticFX.

Thanks, guys. I picked up Audioshare and managed to put a wav tune into Elastic FX and then added a few effects. So now I want to SAVE the modified tune outside of Elastic FX and I don't see how to do this in the program. How is this done?

Also Crackle, I'm not sure what you mean by loading an audio file into Elastic FX by going to the "Files app". What is the "files app" and how do I get it?

Obviously I'm new to the programs although I've played guitar most of my life.

So again, how can I save the modified audio file to my Iphone?

Thanks again for your help.

• Files App is part of iOS 11.

• You don’t actually need to load your audio files into EFX. Those audio files are just to preview FX, and there is no way to export the effected audio file.

Instead, use AudioShare to play your file, have it go through EFX, and record a new audio file in AudioShare. Select the file you want to effect in AudioShare. Be sure to check the loop box if you need looping on. Open the recording panel by hitting the mic button in the bottom left area. You can load the File Player in the AudioShare input instead of the mic. You put EFX in the first FX slot. You can then hit record and switch to EFX to do live tweaking while recording.

Here is a pic of what I mean.

• Thanks, Crackle....I'm learning. Modified a tune using Electric with Audioshare as a host. Saved it and downloaded it. So far, so good. Your help is much appreciated.