Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS7.0.4

edited November 2013 in General App Discussion

I've held off upgrading my iPad 4 to IOS7 because of the issues folks have been reporting with apps like iSEM no longer working properly. Does anyone knkow if it is safer option now that 7.0.4 has been released?

Thanks for your help! :-)

Comments

• edited November 2013

iSEM works here, at least it makes noise so...And works fine as IAA synth. And you're on iPad 4 so I'd say yes it's safe to update. 7.1 won't be out until Jan/Feb sometime. Had you been on an iPad Air w. iOS 6 (if that was possible..) I would have said hells no. Air+iOS 7= crashes left and right.

Edit : "Safe" rather. There are issues here and there with iOS 7 still, regardless of hardware.

• edited November 2013

Here's a fun note: I was able to use AUFX/space on tracks in Auria as IAA with IOS 7.0.3, but since I upgraded to IOS 7.0.4 Auria can't make that connection. So my vote is 7.0.4 stinks!
    (Yes, I will run thru all the usual "try other IAA's & delete and redownload Space, check other stuff, etc". I think we shouldn't have to go thru all that duct-taping to load a new OS. )
    Edit: yep AUFX/Space is working fine with a reload. Kinda like buying a new car and it won't crank until you take out and clean off the spark plugs! Whatever

• I'm running 7.0.4 on my iPad mini and AUFX works just fine in Auria for me.

• @j_liljedahl I am certain it was not due to your fantastic app. I think we've all had to delete and reload enough times this year to know that an IOS update makes lots of things act weird. My comment was meant to focus on IOS 7.0.4 and how it can aggravate even the most solid and functional apps made today. Your apps are among the most awesome and indispensable apps I own. It was a simple fix. Hats off to you for such great apps, and I can hardly wait for your next one!!!

• edited November 2013

@NoiseHorse For what it's worth, uninstalling and reinstalling an app is a hell of lot easier than biasing a tape machine or debugging a bad solder on a patch panel or getting your Moog to stay in tune.

I'd like everything to "just work" too but we have it relatively easy. Thank you to iOS music app developers for that (and, must say, apple) but at the end of the day we're still doing an engineering job. We just have to learn the anomalies, and how to deal with them, of these new fangled tape machines.

• True that. I'll settle down now...

• Thanks for your comments guys.

I feel a bit happier about upgrading as no one has said a definite "no".