Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify apps... Blocs Wave, Groovebox, Launchpad - Which features are you waiting on?

13»

Comments

• edited June 2018

@rs2000 said:
    @Janosax: I agree with most points.We have no chance but to take the apps for what they are anyway.

@Janosax said:

In that case, I can record an acoustic part 30 or 40 times, seems normal to me this the way music production also has to be IMO, and this can be pretty fun, and gives some intensity and authenticity to instrument playing.
    OK, I understand where you come from. Why not. Sounds like you have enough time and patience to do that. Unfortunately I don't, not to speak of shuffled grooves where these slices just never fit.

Is there an iOS app which allow that? With an African thumb piano, I used Gadget Abu Dhabi and it was great to have nice rhythmic placement, as slices markers are movable. But for a wind instrument for example it’s much hard. Even with Ableton Live I had not such good results with its elastic engine/markers and my sax solo parts. It’s certainly better with some other instruments less audible in the mix. But I’m curious is there any iOS app with true elastic audio stretch engine? I mean which allow to stretch/move audio inside audio with markers, not slices.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Janosax said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    There WILL COME A POINT THAT IF NOVATION DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO ITS CUSTOMERS FOR IOS ANOTHER COMPANY WILL DO WHAT THE PEOPE WANT.

To me REMIX live is superior to the Launchpad App.

IF IF IF IF it only had MIDI

I am finding that Samplebot and GROOVERIDER superior alternatives to BLOCS WAVE

I love and only use Novation gear.

But if they continue to nickel and dime me for presets and not let me save my own or at least have multi midi channels I will nix their apps once and for all.

Already using them less since they will not listen to users.

Not trying to be a bitch but it is getting old begging someone to respond or listen to many of us LIKE OTHER GOOD DEVELOPERS WHO RESPECT THEIR USERS DO.

If they have no plans for multi midi or preset saving tell me.

Let me pay an IAP to save presets and one IAP for multi midi. I don't give a shit.

I need these things otherwise the apps stay amateur

So I can stop wasting my time hoping for a change.

Reading your post I’ve just tried REMIX LIVE, nice app it has a mixer etc one limit to me is they’re only 4 scenes of 6 loops on iPhone.

Also does Grooverider allow for record processed loops through Audiobus just like we do with Blocs Wave?

What do you mean allow for record processed loops?

Sorry probably just me not getting obvious question.

Can’t even remember myself lol.

I think it was simply this: can you record audio in Grooverider though AB/AUM/various fxs to make your audio loops material and create some arrangement like with Blocs Wave? If yes, how fast is the workflow?
    I’ve got some difficulties with GR user interface, but I’m interested by all apps potentialities.

• @Janosax said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Janosax said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    There WILL COME A POINT THAT IF NOVATION DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO ITS CUSTOMERS FOR IOS ANOTHER COMPANY WILL DO WHAT THE PEOPE WANT.

But if they continue to nickel and dime me for presets and not let me save my own or at least have multi midi channels I will nix their apps once and for all.

Not trying to be a bitch but it is getting old begging someone to respond or listen to many of us LIKE OTHER GOOD DEVELOPERS WHO RESPECT THEIR USERS DO.

Let me pay an IAP to save presets and one IAP for multi midi. I don't give a shit.

Reading your post I’ve just tried REMIX LIVE, nice app it has a mixer etc one limit to me is they’re only 4 scenes of 6 loops on iPhone.

Also does Grooverider allow for record processed loops through Audiobus just like we do with Blocs Wave?

I think it was simply this: can you record audio in Grooverider though AB/AUM/various fxs to make your audio loops material and create some arrangement like with Blocs Wave? If yes, how fast is the workflow?
    I’ve got some difficulties with GR user interface, but I’m interested by all apps potentialities.

freeze at 1:30

That is my way I make loops, compose, perform, and everything really.

UNLESS INTO A DAW (Cubasis)

This set up allows me to work things out together in real time.

I use Patterning and Grooverider and get loops in Loopy. Any apps can go input and works great for me only way I do it.

Then I can send to Blocs for quick xfer to Launchpad.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Janosax said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Janosax said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I use Patterning and Grooverider and get loops in Loopy. Any apps can go input and works great for me only way I do it.

Nice workflow @RUST( i )K

This is more or less how I do on iOS too, but I’m perhaps less live oriented. I use Blocs Wave to receive all audio apps Linked and processed usually with AU fxs in AUM, with Audiobus routing. I use too loopy but more when doing sax live parts using my midi pedalboard, still with AUM/AB, as an iPhone user I can even use universal and iPhone only versions of Loopy on the same device for a total of 24 loops if needed. Your workflow video makes me want to try to use Loopy at prod stage too, with AB remote which is pretty nice for sure. Note that Loopy use AAC while BW can export to wav, this is usually why I prefer BW for prod stuff.

• Groovebox needs wav import for the drum machine, the synths need patch saving, the mixer needs reverb , delay and compression, all the devices need automation/p-locks.

• @Janosax said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Janosax said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Janosax said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Nice workflow @RUST( i )K

This is more or less how I do on iOS too, but I’m perhaps less live oriented. I use Blocs Wave to receive all audio apps Linked and processed usually with AU fxs in AUM, with Audiobus routing. I use too loopy but more when doing sax live parts using my midi pedalboard, still with AUM/AB, as an iPhone user I can even use universal and iPhone only versions of Loopy on the same device for a total of 24 loops if needed. Your workflow video makes me want to try to use Loopy at prod stage too, with AB remote which is pretty nice for sure. Note that Loopy use AAC while BW can export to wav, this is usually why I prefer BW for prod stuff.

LP-5 is AMAZING LOOP PLAYER

Great bounce feature and easy to import including zip files via Air Drop

• @rs2000 said:
    I know that most people won't record their own samples, but that's exactly what I liked in BlocsWave:
    You can sample live!
    Now why don't I regularly use it?
    Because the sample slicing to pads is always on a fixed grid and the slice points cannot be fine-adjusted.
    What I miss most is being able to fine-adjust the slice points in pad mode because a live recording rarely has perfect timing, and sometimes it just needs to be corrected or even "re-grooved".

Pinch and zoom is your friend...

• It occurs to me that Ampify could consolidate Blocs Wave, LaunchPad and Groovebox into a single, Pro app version, and still sell the components separately for those who preferred to work that way.

A combined app, coukd have midi out, and use Groovebox to record samples into BW, then play them either in a sequencer version of BW or live in the LaunchPad section. Soundpacks for BW and LaunchPad would be fullyi tnterchangeabke. The whole thing would be AU3.

I’d happily put £25 into something like that.

• I like Groovebox, but with the ampify apps I can’t escape the feeling that I’m playing a business plan, not a musical instrument.

• @AikiGhost said:
    Groovebox needs wav import for the drum machine, the synths need patch saving, the mixer needs reverb , delay and compression, all the devices need automation/p-locks.

Groovebox desperately needs patch saving’ but I guess they think it would undermine the sales of presets.

• Developers better start listening to their user base.

• What is the best alternative to groovebox? I love the sounds but I'm getting tired of waiting for full midi control.

• @robotwasp said:
    What is the best alternative to groovebox? I love the sounds but I'm getting tired of waiting for full midi control.

I’d say Korg Gadget, but I don’t know if that has full midi control either.

• @Shabudua said:

@robotwasp said:
    What is the best alternative to groovebox? I love the sounds but I'm getting tired of waiting for full midi control.

I’d say Korg Gadget, but I don’t know if that has full midi control either.

1. Yeah, Korg Gadget is the next step. It does have MIDI mapping for each individual synth. You get more controls using a Korg Nanokontrol.
    2. Grooverider is also great.
    3. If you want to create your own ultimate Groovebox from a blank slate, down to each individual synth and effect, and using AUv3 apps, Drambo is that final step.
  • @Shabudua and @seonnthaproducer - these are great tips guys . Thank you.

• The feature il waiting for is auv3 version of these app to use many instances and load preset in AUM BeatMaker Auria, Zenbeats , Audiobus, ….
    I.A.A is a pain to use and will soon be dead