Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta questions

Hello,

I start looking at Rozeta thing, and I have some questions.

I’ve well understood how LFO, collider, particles, XY, Arpeggio works.

About bassline, I’m ok with it too except for blue lines between notes. When using generating feature those blue lines appears, but when doing manually they don’t except very randomly. What do they do exactly and how do you use them manually?

Also, go to pattern function don’t seem to work as intended: if I select an option like go to next, it change one time but after that if I select another option that does nothing. I suppose it should works as follow actions in Ableton Live.

I will test other sequencers and see if I have other questions.

Thanks

Comments

• They are for slides or tied notes.....
    If you want to add one manually...make sure you have 2 adjacent notes set to play...you will then see a dotted line joining them .. . like the first C to G# in your screenshot above....to make it a tied note simply touch the dotted line.

• There is a blue line between each active step. If you touch it it toggles between solid and brighter and there is a slide between the 2 notes if you touch it again the line changes back to a thin dotted line and the notes play individually.

You have to set the pattern changes individually in each pattern and the number of repeats for each pattern. By default the selected pattern plays in a infinite loop.

• edited May 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    They are for slides or tied notes.....
    If you want to add one manually...make sure you have 2 adjacent notes set to play...you will then see a dotted line joining them .. . like the first C to G# in your screenshot above....to make it a tied note simply touch the dotted line.

@BiancaNeve said:
    There is a blue line between each active step. If you touch it it toggles between solid and brighter and there is a slide between the 2 notes if you touch it again the line changes back to a thin dotted line and the notes play individually.

You have to set the pattern changes individually in each pattern and the number of repeats for each pattern. By default the selected pattern plays in a infinite loop.

Thanks to both of you this is perfectly clear now and works like I’ve imagined.

Is there any user manual anywhere? Can’t find it.

Can somebody explain me main approch to use thoses midi audio units. I’ve read interesting things can be done when for exemple LFO send variations to particles or another unit? By combining them.

Any audio exemples/songs suggestions of most interesting results made with Rozeta?

• For user manuals for some of the Rozeta Sequncers, see the app manual for the Brambos app that the Sequencer originally appeared in.

Bassline - Troublemaker
    Rhythm - Ruismaker
    XOX - ? (pretty straightforward, this one is)

• Indeed, LFO can be used for interesting modulations.

If you aren't already familiar with AUM's "MIDI CTRL" panel, dive into it. Anything that sends out MIDI CC (so not just Rozeta, but also plenty of other apps) can be fed into it to modulate any set of AU Parameters you like.

This way, you e.g. use one of the LFO CCs to modulate the pitch slider of a Rozeta Collider instance.

• edited May 2018

@CracklePot said:
    For user manuals for some of the Rozeta Sequncers, see the app manual for the Brambos app that the Sequencer originally appeared in.

Bassline - Troublemaker
    Rhythm - Ruismaker
    XOX - ? (pretty straightforward, this one is)

I suppose it’s a manual-less app, not a big deal except for the two questions above, that was not evident to understand how to use. Thanks.

@brambos said:
    Indeed, LFO can be used for interesting modulations.

If you aren't already familiar with AUM's "MIDI CTRL" panel, dive into it. Anything that sends out MIDI CC (so not just Rozeta, but also plenty of other apps) can be fed into it to modulate any set of AU Parameters you like.

This way, you e.g. use one of the LFO CCs to modulate the pitch slider of a Rozeta Collider instance.

Thanks for answer. I already used Rozeta LFO with AUM’s fader, highpass filters, pan nodes and AU parameters with great results, I will try your suggestion too.

• Hello everyone,

I got into iPad musicking during lockdown (after 5+ plus of not making music) and I am in awe. Currently enjoying mirack, Zeeon, and Rozeta on Audiobus using an Arturia minilab controller and learning LOTS from this forum and YouTube tutorials—simply phenomenal.

I have one question though: it seems that Cells and Arpeggiator (when used as MIDI effects) block MIDI CC from the minilab. I can solve this by adding another route from the minilab to the receiving app (say, Zeeon) without the MIDI effect, but then MIDI notes are doubled instead of being captured. Is there an obvious way to solve this?

Thanks!

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@dvi said:
    Hello everyone,

I got into iPad musicking during lockdown (after 5+ plus of not making music) and I am in awe. Currently enjoying mirack, Zeeon, and Rozeta on Audiobus using an Arturia minilab controller and learning LOTS from this forum and YouTube tutorials—simply phenomenal.

I have one question though: it seems that Cells and Arpeggiator (when used as MIDI effects) block MIDI CC from the minilab. I can solve this by adding another route from the minilab to the receiving app (say, Zeeon) without the MIDI effect, but then MIDI notes are doubled instead of being captured. Is there an obvious way to solve this?

Thanks!

If you have Midi Tools you can use MIDI Clone & Filter. iPad only though.

Or, if you for before it was taken off of the App Store, two lines of StreamByter code to block notes:

8X = XX +B
    9X = XX +B

Or, if you have Mozaic:

// pass thru all but midi note on and off

@OnMidiInput

if MIDICommand <> 0x90 and MIDICommand <> 0x80
        SendMIDIThru
      endif

@End 

@OnSysex
      SendSysexThru 
    @End 

• @wim thanks so much for the quick response! Midi Tools should do the trick. I’ve been holding off diving into Mozaic bc it seems a like total time warp hole and I’m all-too prone to fall into those these days... But this seems like a good reason to do so.

Is this not an issue that people find often?

• @dvi said:
    @wim thanks so much for the quick response! Midi Tools should do the trick. I’ve been holding off diving into Mozaic bc it seems a like total time warp hole and I’m all-too prone to fall into those these days... But this seems like a good reason to do so.

Is this not an issue that people find often?

You would think so, but I don't recall having heard it mentioned before this.

• Upping this so my request is in a Rozeta-related thread:

Hi @brambos ! Since this thread got upped, wanted to put my request here:

If possible, can Program Change be an option in LFO, along with the CC's? So one lane in LFO would just trigger Program Changes.

I would really like to use that with a Critter & Guitari Eyesy. It would be a perfect companion piece with that capability. Thanks!

• @CalCutta - here's a response over on the other thread where you posted: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/971338/#Comment_971338